Hiring a Personal Assistant
We’re a successful software company that created the astronomy game / educational simulation Universe Sandbox. We’re looking to hire a business/personal assistant to help with the many things involved in running a business outside of the development of the software itself. This position has the potential to grow in hours and responsibility over the next few months and years.
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications to work both remotely and onsite in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, WA several hours a week to start. We want someone who enjoys this kind of work, not someone looking to get into the actual development of video games.
- Strong written communication skills (and verbal too)
- Highly organized
- Self-driven fast learner
- Trustworthy & reliable
- Technology & software savvy
- Reasonable understanding of social networks and marketing
- Ability to meet in person at least once a week in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, WA (and perhaps more frequently at first for training).
- Interest in astronomy and/or video games and/or education
- Knowledge of the internets and tubes
- Interest in helping change the way the world perceives our universe and fragile planet
- Responding to email, forum posts, and basic support
- Handling media inquiries
- Summarizing user feedback
- Helping maintain the FAQ
- Proofreading and document creation/editing (press releases, blog posts, web site content)
- Posting to social media
- Scheduling meetings, organizing travel
- Updating tasks, organizing documents
- Managing email
- Helping with random events as they occur
This is a both an onsite & remote, part time, hourly contract position.
Giant Army is the company behind Universe Sandbox, a space simulator that’s sold hundreds of thousands of copies on Steam. We’re based in Seattle, Washington, USA, but the team has members in Germany and Denmark.
Universe Sandbox is our core product that lets the user explore and learn about our amazing universe while creating and destroying on a scale they’ve never before imagined. It’s more than a game, it’s a way of experiencing and learning about reality in a way that’s never been done before. The new version will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
If you’re interested please email us at:
jobs at universesandbox.com
In the email please include a:
- Relevant email subject
- Short answer to these two questions:
- Why are you interested in working for Giant Army?
- What is the most appealing part of this opportunity?
- Link to where you heard about this job posting
- Copy or link to your resume