Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Snowstorm  (Read 2544 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Snowstorm
« on: October 30, 2011, 05:30:44 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/30/usa-weather-northeast-idUSN1E79T00120111030

1/2 million people without power in New Jersey.
And i had no internet for a day.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Snowstorm
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »
I read that on the Danish news site today, kol.

Early snowstorm raging northeast U.S.
The densely populated northeastern United States is hit by an unexpected and substantial snowstorm, which due to the early time of the year have taken the authorities in the country by surprise.
In some areas expected to be up to 30 centimeters of snow, and authorities said that at least three people have died as a result of the blizzard, including a 20-year-old man from Springfield who got knocked down a power line above it.
Approximately 2.3 million Americans in the affected part of the country has lost power, reports the news channel MSNBC.
New Jersey in a State of Emergency
In New Jersey, where 500,000 power customers are without power, the Governor Chris Christie declared a state of emergency due to weather conditions.
The snow has also caused problems for 100,000 football fans in a match at State College, Pennsylvania, between Penn State and Illinois University.
- It's a violent sneuvejr in October. It is rare that we see so deep depressions with so heavy snowstorms, says chief meteorologist Paul Walker from AccuWeather.com website.
Unusual
While snow in October is not unusual, then this storm began as rain and changed to snow as temperatures dropped, it could set a record.
Hartford, Connecticut Allentown, Pennsylvania and Worcester, Massachusetts is among the cities that can wait up to 30 centimeters of snow, says the weather forecasts.
Allentown wont typically first to see the first measurable snow on 5th December, said The Weather Channel. Usually covered Boston in snow in late November, while New York and Philadelphia are not experiencing the white fluff before mid-December.
More snow on way
The large coastal cities are not expected to go unscathed in terms of this weekend's snowstorm, said meteorologists.
New York can wait 10 inch snowfall, which is expected to recede Saturday night, said The Weather Channel. In Boston the afternoon the rain turn into snow during the evening and wait 7.5 centimeters.
Along the coast is expected to gust up to 72 km / h, which is going to go beyond both trees and power lines.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2011/10/30/070132.htm
Google Translate'd

And i had no internet for a day.
You must have missed this.

matty406

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »
Well, on the weather the other day they showed where snowfall would be in the NE US, in rerospect they hardly ever show updates on overseas countries so it must've been bad.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:01:21 AM »
hahahha icwutudidthar

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »