Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Exchangeable Simulations  (Read 3076 times)

karakris

Exchangeable Simulations
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »
Is there any way that different User of Uni Sand, that is different "players" can save their work to a common place - where we can then all use eahc other's creations.

This would allow more co-operative creation, sharing of Star Systems or even Galaxies - a common pooling of ideas and methods, AND even sharing of skills.

If one User created a Star System which others liked - they could then Save it to a common area.
Other Users could then pick-up this Star System and incude it in their Galaxy or "Universe".
I thought the idea of Steam was that we would be able to do this - but I do not see any option to do it.

This of course leads to the related idea of actual whole Star / Planetary Systems being able to be copied from one location in a Simulation, into another Simulation.
Either an existing one which has other Star Systems in it - or into a New Simulation, to be futher developed.
The latter is easily done, by opening a Simulation - and then saving it under a new Name - but the former can be more useful. 

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Exchangeable Simulations
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 12:17:53 AM »
Nope. I was thinking about that idea and I have something similar on the idea spreadsheet. This integrated with multiplayer servers (an idea that i put on the spreadsheet) could be REALLY interesting.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
Another great idea... and one that I hope to address sometime next year.

While you can attach simulation to forum posts, it's just too many step for the typical user (or even me) to tolerate doing it very often (or at all).

Also being able to copy + paste or import simulations into one another... also something I want to do eventually.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »
Another great idea... and one that I hope to address sometime next year.

While you can attach simulation to forum posts, it's just too many step for the typical user (or even me) to tolerate doing it very often (or at all).

Also being able to copy + paste or import simulations into one another... also something I want to do eventually.

They see me nercroin, they likin, because if they dislike I ban them, Cause I'm just Dan'nstuff I'm just Dan'nstuff

Chris

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 05:07:59 AM »
Yes, an integrated simulation browser is on the list for the next version.
Users will be able to share simulations from within the application.

We're also looking into linking simulations by keywords. The idea is to be able to navigate from
one simulation to a host of other simulation share certain keywords.
Essentially this will enable you to create a web of simulations, connected to each other.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:57:44 AM »
Yes, an integrated simulation browser is on the list for the next version.
Users will be able to share simulations from within the application.

We're also looking into linking simulations by keywords. The idea is to be able to navigate from
one simulation to a host of other simulation share certain keywords.
Essentially this will enable you to create a web of simulations, connected to each other.

Cool. Kakakris would share his whole universe.