Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Universe Sandbox2 physics demo series on YouTube  (Read 3576 times)

Know_Idea

• E = mc^hammer?
    • Know Idea, 4ZZZ fm
New Universe Sandbox2 physics demo series on YouTube
« on: May 11, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »
Follow this link to check out a new YouTube series of Universe Sandbox 2. This series is from the point of view of an astrophysicist trying to find elements in the software that closely match nature (testing the physics engine) from Gravity Assisted Acceleration (think 'Voyager Space craft') to galaxy collisions etc.

The series is new and will consist of a minimum of 10 video's once completed.

Feedback welcome, the good and the bad  ;) Questions, requests etc etc. Forever looking to improve the quality and style of presentations.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx0v16by5zFXP00i-9YoSP_nTWqWoOuuX

Plutonium

Re: New Universe Sandbox2 physics demo series on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 03:58:55 AM »
Watched all 3 videos! Very interesting and no sensationalist garbage that the commercial documentaries are full of.

Some thoughts on the second video- it would be good if you add some star collision or star slingshot videos when you were telling about it.

Suggestion to GA: please add the "Escape Velocity" to the Motion panel.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 04:16:16 AM »
it would be good if you add some star collision or star slingshot videos when you were telling about it.

stellar collisions are pretty broken...

bw_mutley

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:25:04 PM »
Hey Known, very nice video. And - OMG - I didn't know US2 had that effect of gravitational lenses.
I am a physics teacher for engeening students and making this kind of videos were my first motivation to buy US2. However, Im far from accomplishing this objetive since I'm too bad at dealing with the lack of documentation of the current alpha versions. I guess I have a lot to learn from your videos, I already subscribed to your channel. Best regards, Mutley.

[EDIT] BTW, seens like you have a hell of a computer.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:45:11 PM by bw_mutley »

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 09:42:35 AM »
I'm no scientist in any way (more like a fanboy), but I like infotainment and this was right up my alley. Respect!

Know_Idea

• E = mc^hammer?
    • Know Idea, 4ZZZ fm
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:22:53 PM »
I am glad to see you all of you enjoy the vids so far! great feedback, more coming soon  ;D

Some thoughts on the second video- it would be good if you add some star collision or star slingshot videos when you were telling about it.

That is a great idea, I most certainly will be exploring this in coming videos.

Hey Known, very nice video. And - OMG - I didn't know US2 had that effect of gravitational lenses.
I am a physics teacher for engeening students and making this kind of videos were my first motivation to buy US2. However, Im far from accomplishing this objetive since I'm too bad at dealing with the lack of documentation of the current alpha versions. I guess I have a lot to learn from your videos, I already subscribed to your channel. Best regards, Mutley.

[EDIT] BTW, seens like you have a hell of a computer.

I too am surprised by what you can do with this software! Thanks for subscribing, I hope I can find some similar details like that for coming videos. The gravity slingshot video shows what I think is a similar use of the physics engine.

Note: The PC laptop i am using has an Intel i7 2.9GHz CPU (4 real / 8 virtual cores) and an NVIDIA GTX880M GPU. I am using 'X-Split' screen capture software which is free.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:37:12 PM by Know_Idea »