Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Needing projected data on the nh/pioneer/voyager probes  (Read 3063 times)

Swollen_Beef

Needing projected data on the nh/pioneer/voyager probes
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:25:57 AM »
So, as part of my research for several hobbies, the trajectories, speed and traveled path of the voyager/pioneer/NH probes have come up. Now i can look up their past history all day long, but what i cant find is the projected path of the probes over the course of millions of years. Essentially im looking for a zoomed out shot of the milky way (since the probes will never leave the galaxy), with a line drawing out the projected path of the probes with major landmarks passed, and with  he galaxy's rotation taken into Effect. 
Even better would be the effects of our galaxy colliding with Andromeda and the effects on the probes, and our solar system. along with the previously mentioned.
I understand the millions of unknowns that can affect the probes as they float around in space, but a somewhat generic projection will work just fine as I can build from it. 

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Needing projected data on the nh/pioneer/voyager probes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 12:22:08 PM »
If you've got the velocities and orientations, try putting it in the Nearest 100 stars sim...

The thing is the graphic couldn't be feasible as the stars will move along on their own orbits.