Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mass Effect  (Read 6457 times)

Medevila

• Valve Fan
Mass Effect
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »

Anyone else here a Mass Effect fan? Personally it's one of my favorite game sagas, tied with Half-Life.

Just the entire view on how alien life might exist and the means by which we find it, makes the plot interesting. The story is so deep, and the culture and uniqueness given to each species really helps to suck you into it. The way you make decisions in the game is astounding, so that everyone who has played it has had a different experience.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:16:50 PM by Medevila »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Mass Effect
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »
Nope... heard of it. lol

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 08:15:52 PM »
I have both of them.

Medevila

• Valve Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:20:59 PM »
Nope... heard of it. lol

If you're into a good story and sci-fi, I'd really recommend it. Better than any movie or book.

I have both of them.

As do I, and all the DLCs for the second one. I'd go back and get them for the first, but my character is already progressed in the story to the point if I backtracked I'd end up with a completely different Commander Shepard. :P

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »
I have both of them.
Mass Effect and... Half-Life or Half-Life 2?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 08:26:54 PM »
I wouldn't be able to get it anyway. I don't have a Xbox (PS3 is better), and my computer sucks too much to get any fun out of the games created nowadays.

Medevila

• Valve Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »
I wouldn't be able to get it anyway. I don't have a Xbox (PS3 is better), and my computer sucks too much to get any fun out of the games created nowadays.

It's on PS3 if you have one.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »
Wikipedia doesn't say that. Hmmm...

Medevila

• Valve Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »
Wikipedia doesn't say that. Hmmm...

The first one isn't. :P

The first ME is REALLY good though, but so is the second one, so I suppose it'd be ok to just play the second.

LimitlessAeon

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 10:41:17 PM »
Superb voice acting, AMAZING graphics (on PC at least..), easy to play 3rd person shooter. It's a space opera that has the same (if not better ;) ) storyline depth as Star Wars has, counting only the original trilogy. Since this game is also a trilogy. You're basically an unstoppable badass fighting for the good of humanity - to sum it up. The gameplay feels as if you're playing a movie except you get to control how your character continues throughout the story.

One of my favorite games to date!

ChemicalBR0

• flying is just falling without hitting the ground
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »
awesome games both of them. (although i think the 1st had the better stories)

I had mass effect 1 and 2 on the 360 and last month Bioware gave ME2 away free to pc users who had bought dragon age 2 (kind of an apology for DA2 being a rubbish rushed effort)
(when ME came out I didn't have a pc capable of playing them so thats why the 360, nowadays I'm up to speed with a decent gaming rig)
I have to say that although the graphics on the 360 versions are superb. the PC version just blows them out of the water (simply because of the higher resolution)

i only finished playing through ME2 again on saturday. (4th play through of the game)
what i really can't wait for is The old republic. (MMO game by bioware based in the star wars universe)

bojo

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »
Loved the first one (I reloaded my save game several times just to have the conversation with the reaper lol). Really got into it. But disliked the second one, mainly because of the huge lack of driving around on planet surfaces, loved doing that.