Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Map War 1 (Inactive game)  (Read 45748 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Map War 1 (Inactive game)
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:13:30 PM »
    Current round: 11 (Inactive game - try Map War 2)
    NeutronStar or anyone who has no nation on the map may take his/her turn. He/she may change 153 / 4 + 5 = 43 pixels. His/her turn will expire when 20100413 starts (UTC).
    Anyone with no nation may jump right into the game and place ten pixels on the map. Please read enough of the below information before doing so.

- To make this simple, I will write who may take his/her turn here.

Scores, users and national colors:
    Please choose one that is as different from the rest as available. Not required, but recommended. Post your RGB when founding a nation.

Nations (People will take their turns in this order, use this if the first post isn't updated):
    • Bla: 180, 230, 030 (light natural green): 244 pixels. Inactivity: None.
    • NeutronStar: 094, 236, 255 (teal): 153 pixels. Inactivity: 1 turn.
    • Deoxy99: 000, 255, 000 (perfect green): 165 pixels. Inactivity: None.

Has national color, but no nation or inactive nation (may jump right into the game at any time):
    • Space guy1: 237, 028, 036 (red): 0 pixels.
    • Naru523: 140, 000, 255 (purple): 9 pixels. Inactivity: 3 turns.

Hello. ;D
    I just made this game... There is a map of a planet (this one is called "Zargonoxia" just to give it a name), where we have territories that can fight each other etc. It is a turn based game. People can join as they want, and found new nations with their own national color (please pick one that is noticeably different from the others, and post your RGB code). You have four days to take your turn and edit, otherwise the turn will go on to the next one. I will change this first post here with updates and the latest map.

Taking turns:
    When you take your first turn, you start by changing the color of 10 white colored pixels to your own national color.
    When you take your next turn, you may change a number pixels that are adjacent to your pixels. The number of pixels you may change is based on this formula:

a = b / 4 + 5

a = number of pixels you may change the color of
    b = number of pixels you own

So, for example, if you own 10 pixels, you may change 10 / 4 + 5 = 8 pixels. Pixels are rounded to the nearest number.

When you've taken your turn, please post the edited map in the original size.
    You may not edit black pixels. White pixels are unclaimed, so you may not pick any of those two colors.

Simple guide:
    1: Choose where you want to start on the map, in a white area.
    2: Change the color of a white pixel (the smallest thing you can change on an image - one square) in that area.
    3: Change nine more pixels that are not black. These have to "touch" each other, so you have one landmass. Now, you should have a total of ten pixels colored with your national color.
    4: Post the edited map.
    5: Wait for your next turn.
    6: Use the formula above to determine how many new pixels you may edit. These also have to touch your old pixels.
    7: Post the edited map. Remember that it must have the original size, 1200x600.
    8: Repeat step 5 to 7.

Inactivity
    Normally, everyone have 4 days to take their turn. If they have miss a single turn, they have 2 days to take their next turn. If they miss two turns, they have 1 day to take their next turn. If they miss three turns, they are considered inactive, and may jump into the game again whenever they want, like people with no nation.

If someone takes a turn, the number of turns missed is reset, so if you take turn 1 and miss turn 2, you have 2 days to take turn 3, but if you take turn 3, you have 4 days to take turn 4 again.

You can also just write in the topic if you don't want to play anymore, or want a break. You will be placed on the inactivity list so you can join the game again at any time, but remember that active players still can attack inactive nations.

War
    You can declare war on a nation if it is at your border. If you are at war with another nation, you claim pixels based on the number of pixels you already have, just with the simple difference that you may now claim pixels of his/her nation.
    The war will start immidiately when it is declared, so anyone can declare war just before taking his/her turn.

List of wars:
    None.

Alliances
    You can make or join alliances. Give it a name and let other people join. If anyone declares war on a member of an alliance, the rest of the alliance has to decide whether they want to join the war or leave the alliance. People from the alliance are free to declare war on other nations as they want though, without the other nations within the alliance have to join.
    This is the standard version of an alliance. Of course, he leader may change the way the alliance is, with mutual/optional defense pacts and mutual/optional attack treaties as a part of being a member of the alliance.

List of alliances:
    None.

Newest map, edit this (please check the last messages to see if there is any newer map first, if there is, edit that one, but make sure it's correct, otherwise the time is wasted and the last correct map will be used):[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:58:20 PM by Bla »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • caught in the river turning blue
      • Paladin of Storms
    Re: Map War - Zargonoxia
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »
    Can I use hex? Hex is simple. I don't like rgb.

#5EECFF

How do I tell which pixels?

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
    • let's walk the true path of life
    Re: Map War - Zargonoxia
    « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »
    Isn't this similar to Klaxra (something)?

140, 0, 255. I don't really get the pixel part either.

Bla

• Global Moderator
    Re: Map War
    « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
    Isn't this similar to Klaxra (something)?
    Klaxra, yes, it's a little bit similar. :P But that was just some maps I edited myself. And in Klaxra there was no formula, I just edited it as I wanted to. :P

How do I tell which pixels?
    You choose which pixels to edit.

1) Choose where you want to start on the map, in a white area.
    2) Change the color of a pixel (the smallest thing you can change on an image - one square) in that area.
    3) Change nine more pixels. These have to "touch" each other, so you have one landmass. Now, you should have a total of ten pixels colored with your national color.
    4) Post the edited map.

Can I use hex? Hex is simple. I don't like rgb.

#5EECFF
    You may use hex, but it's best that we have an RGB posted for everyone, since they're probably easier to figure out the color of. Also, Paint uses RGB.
    In this case, your RGB is R094, G236, B255.

As an example, I've started near the end of the river at the big lake in the middle of the continent.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 03:00:13 AM by Bla »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »
    Oh wow. I can;t see that.
    How do we know if we changed only one pixel?

Bla

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 11:47:23 AM »
    You need to zoom in, the closer you can get the better. Can't you zoom in x8 or x16 in Vista's Paint?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
    idk

Here we go.

Bla

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »
    Very good, that was ten pixels. But it's still turn 1. :)
    Now I can edit the map or anyone else with no nation can edit the map. If I edit it, turn 2 starts, otherwise turn 1 continues until I edit it. If nothing happens for four days, it's your turn.
    I'll give everyone else a chance to make a nation, so I'll wait editing the map.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »
    Very good, that was ten pixels. But it's still turn 1. :)
    Now I can edit the map or anyone else with no nation can edit the map. If I edit it, turn 2 starts, otherwise turn 1 continues until I edit it. If nothing happens for four days, it's your turn.
    I'll give everyone else a chance to make a nation, so I'll wait editing the map.

Oh. To me that would be round... whatever

Bla

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
    Okay, let's call it round instead.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »
    It doesn't matter. ;D I just didn't understand.

space guy1

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »
    ill play'
    here's my map:

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
    « Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »
    Current round: 1
    Bla or anyone who has no nation on the map may take his/her turn.
    Bla: May change 10 / 10 + 5 = 5 pixels. If he does that, round 2 will start.
    Anyone with no nation may place ten pixels on the map.

- To make this simple, I will write who may take his/her turn here.

Scores, users and national colors:
    Please choose one that is as different from the rest as available. Not required, but recommended. Post your RGB when founding a nation.

• Bla: 180, 230, 030 (light green): 10 pixels, turn taken.
    • NeutronStar: 094, 236, 255 (teal): 10 pixels, turn taken.
    • Naru523: 140, 000, 255 (purple): 0 pixels.

Hello. ;D
    I just made this game... There is a map of a planet (this one is called "Zargonoxia" just to give it a name), where we have territories that can fight each other etc. It is a turn based game. People can join as they want, and found new nations with their own national color (please pick one that is noticeably different from the others, and post your RGB code). You have four days to take your turn and edit, otherwise the turn will go on to the next one. I will change this first post here with updates and the latest map.

Taking turns:
    When you take your first turn, you start by changing the color of 10 white colored pixels to your own national color.
    When you take your next turn, you may change a number pixels that are adjacent to your pixels. The number of pixels you may change is based on this formula:

a = b / 10 + 5

a = number of pixels you may change the color of
    b = number of pixels you own

So, for example, if you own 10 pixels, you may change 10 / 10 + 5 = 6 pixels. Pixels are rounded to the nearest number.

When taking a turn, please type what you've done in your turn in a message with the edited map.
    You may not edit black pixels. White pixels are unclaimed, so you may not pick any of those two colors.

Simple guide:
    1: Choose where you want to start on the map, in a white area.
    2: Change the color of a white pixel (the smallest thing you can change on an image - one square) in that area.
    3: Change nine more pixels that are not black. These have to "touch" each other, so you have one landmass. Now, you should have a total of ten pixels colored with your national color.
    4: Post the edited map.
    5: Wait for your next turn.
    6: Use the formula above to determine how many new pixels you may edit. These also have to touch your old pixels.
    7: Post the edited map.
    8: Repeat step 5 to 7.

Newest map, edit this:
    This is boring.

Naru523

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »
    This is boring.

No its fun ;D
    ill play'
    here's my map:

I think you need to give the RGB code first. Btw I was actually third.
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:36:53 PM by Naru523 »

space guy1

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
    This is boring.

No its fun ;D
    ill play'
    here's my map:

I think you need to give the RGB code first. Btw I was actually third.
    oh, right.  how do you translate a color to a RGB code again?  i did it in a class last year but i cant remember how to do it now. though since the color is basically just red here is the code: 
    255, 0, 0

Naru523

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »
    You can check it in Paint.NET and Photoshop.

Bla

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 11:22:22 PM »
    Sorry, but the two last maps are 1024x512. The original was 1200x600. They are invalid, because everything has been compressed and has become blurry.
    Please edit the original in the first post and post it in the original size.

Btw, anyone with no nation may jump into the game and edit the map, even if it's another person's turn. And please post your RGB, space guy1. :)
    Here's a converter if you have the hex. The RGB I found in your map (though it might have changed because of the blur) is R238, G034, B042.
    If you use Paint, the red color on XP is plain red (255,0,0), but on Vista and Windows 7 it's not plain red. There it's 237,28,36. I assume that is the color you're using and will edit the first message if not. The most important is just that you have the color you want, and that the map works, then I can always find the RGBs myself.

This is boring.
    How can it be made more exciting? :)
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:47:03 PM by Bla »

space guy1

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 07:20:34 AM »
    im running windows 7 so yeah that would be the right color
    heres the map it should be the right size or my comp. hates me:
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:36:37 AM by space guy1 »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
    « Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »
    How can it be made more exciting? :)
    Being a real war that is in pixels.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:24:27 AM by deoxy99 »

Bla

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 12:21:19 PM »
    Sorry, but it's still 1024x512. Based on your map, I've tried to make one and apply the pixels you appear to have chosen. The map is uploaded below. Is that how you wanted to edit them?
    Edit: I will apply these pixels to round two if you choose them, on the next map if available.
    Being a real war that is in pixels.
    Please be more clear and define real war. You can make wars in this game, but first when your nation is big enough.

Okay, time is soon running out and now I have to take my turn. Sorry:

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
    Umm... Bla? In your turn spaceguy isn't in there!

Bla

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »
    I know, but he didn't answer, so I don't know if he would accept the pixels I placed.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
    « Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 10:57:15 PM »
    This is getting boring! Where's the war? We should be able to have a war no matter the size of our empire.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:25 AM »
    Only if they are near.

Bla

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »
    This is getting boring! Where's the war? We should be able to have a war no matter the size of our empire.
    How would that be possible? And why would you walk a thousand kilometers to take a pixel from your enemy, if you can take one that is just at your border without having to fight for it?
    Do you have an idea for a system that will allow people to go to war with someone far away on the map? If that should be possible, I would suggest that we only said you could destroy pixels at a distance, and not take them before they're at your border. What do you think?

Naru523

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »
    Sorry if it's the wrong pixel, I used Paint.NET  :P
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:49:23 PM by Naru523 »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »
    Way wrong dude, how is it possible to have 750X375??? That's like a random resolution!

You might as well make it 327x472!!!
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:11:07 PM by NeutronStar »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
    « Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:19 PM »
    How would that be possible? And why would you walk a thousand kilometers to take a pixel from your enemy, if you can take one that is just at your border without having to fight for it?
    Do you have an idea for a system that will allow people to go to war with someone far away on the map? If that should be possible, I would suggest that we only said you could destroy pixels at a distance, and not take them before they're at your border. What do you think?
    Maybe you should have plane factories added when they are a lot bigger.

Naru523

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »
    Way wrong dude, how is it possible to have 750X375??? That's like a random resolution!

WELL SORRY. :'(

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
      • Paladin of Storms
    « Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 05:49:25 PM »

WELL SORRY. :'(

I'm just saying it's wierd!