Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Galactic Clean-Up | Update 23.1  (Read 26500 times)

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Galactic Clean-Up | Update 23.1
« on: August 20, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »
Galactic Clean-Up | Update 23.1 is now available!

This update adds a bunch of improvements and fixes to the galaxy simulation, making for more stable and accurate galaxies and better collisions. There’s also a new and improved Introduction tutorial and a new simulation of 2019 OK, the near-Earth asteroid that surprised astronomers when it was observed just a day before it flew past us on July 25, 2019.

Learn more about Update 23.1

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: Galactic Clean-Up | Update 23.1
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:55:19 PM »
I just like the galaxy update. I appreciate the work that developers put in to create this update which fixed bugs in galaxies and fixed the mass and radius of some galaxies. IC 1101 was too small before. Now it's the correct size. Also, the graphics for galaxies could be fine tuned to make them look sharper and more realistic.

I would like to know if it is possible to zoom into any galaxy and land on any star, gas giant or planet? How about landing on Earth when spawning the Milky Way Galaxy. This can be done in Space Engine.

I also want to know if it is possible to customize the colors of galaxies? That is very important because when the Hubble telescope took photo of the Ultra Deep Field, galaxies have many different colors as well as different shapes and sizes. I just want to be able to change the colors of galaxies by using the color panel in the galaxies properties tab.

I have found that when orbiting black holes or planets, they are very buggy. Please improve black holes by fixing any bugs you trace and add more custom properties just like you did with the recent galaxy update.

I hope there's going to be another galaxy update very soon. That update must include improved sharper graphics visualizations and customization of colors.

Please reply back to me Jar.

Thank you.

SMN_665

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 03:51:51 PM »
I just like the galaxy update. I appreciate the work that developers put in to create this update which fixed bugs in galaxies and fixed the mass and radius of some galaxies. IC 1101 was too small before. Now it's the correct size. Also, the graphics for galaxies could be fine tuned to make them look sharper and more realistic.

I would like to know if it is possible to zoom into any galaxy and land on any star, gas giant or planet? How about landing on Earth when spawning the Milky Way Galaxy. This can be done in Space Engine.

I also want to know if it is possible to customize the colors of galaxies? That is very important because when the Hubble telescope took photo of the Ultra Deep Field, galaxies have many different colors as well as different shapes and sizes. I just want to be able to change the colors of galaxies by using the color panel in the galaxies properties tab.

I have found that when orbiting black holes or planets, they are very buggy. Please improve black holes by fixing any bugs you trace and add more custom properties just like you did with the recent galaxy update.

I hope there's going to be another galaxy update very soon. That update must include improved sharper graphics visualizations and customization of colors.

Please reply back to me Jar.

Thank you.

The graphics still in development, that aren't in final versions so don't complain bro, enjoy what the game can offer atm :)

I don't know if you are reading very well what did you say here, but Universe Sandbox simulate everything, space engine it's just for exploring, they are programed allready for rotation, movement, orbit etc etc, but here's in other scale, I don't think at the moment would be possible simulate a galaxy with star's bodies instead of particles, spawn milky way and land of earth it's a insanity indeed, but it's not posible cause even the highest pc is not able to render billions of stars lol.

About of customize the colour of galaxies I'm agree with you, but the problem is that the stars only haves to brown dwarfs to red giants, very hot and blue stars, white dwarfs, etc etc. I've never seen a purple star lol, I know what you wanna say, would be cool and I wanna this feature too, but it'll make a little little bit innacurate in stars's color xD.

BUT maybe a Spiral galaxy with only Yellowish white, yellow, orange and red stars with green nebulas would be amazing to see though.

More custom options for black holes? Be specific because The black holes are only know for being super massive and too much gravity. So... whut? hahah

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 06:17:32 PM »
I know that the graphics are still in development. I am only suggesting more improvements to graphics.

I know that the most powerful PC cannot handle simulating billions are stars at once, but I think that there is still room for improving the overall graphics of galaxies. Galaxies looks good but they seem to be somewhat fuzzy. The level of details in galactic clouds must be improved so that sharper and better graphics would make galaxies more realistic.

Customizing the colors of galaxies would be fantastic. Star colors are realistic as they are now, but I would like to go to extreme levels and customize the colors of stars as well. Also, gas giants, gas giant bands, atmospheres, water, clouds and city light must be made customizable by colorization in Universe Sandbox's interface. Right now, there are many modders who loves to customize the colors of all planets and stars in Universe Sandbox, so by having a "color update", users will be able to easily customize the colors of all planets and stars in Universe Sandbox without and complicated modding skills. Users could just customize colors of all objects with just the click on a button and change the palette colors.

Nebulas only exists as desktop backgrounds, but I already written a thread that nebulae must be created as real object like galaxies so that users can simulate them. Nebulas must come in random colors and the colors must be customizable as well.

Black holes are very buggy at the moment, so developers would need to update and improve their physics. Black holes must also be customizable by customizing their colors. I have also noticed that black holes cannot be modified by mass or radius, so developers must release an update that allows users to customize both the mass and radius of black holes just like with any other objects.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 02:02:34 PM »
I can't wait until the next update is released. What will be the next update to be released?

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 10:01:40 PM »
if you really want to play it you can use the experimental branch

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
I have seen users use the experimental build of surface grids. At the moment, the experimental build of surface grids is extremely buggy.

Lord DC

• Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 03:24:08 AM »
that is the point of the experimental build

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 06:28:29 AM »
I know that. This new update must be fixed over time.

Lord DC

• Steam profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 07:49:39 AM »
seems like the surface grids keep getting more refined every week!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 07:56:59 AM »
That's good because surface grids must be improved ever more. What surface grids needs is the ability to change the number of gas giant bands and customize their colors. In addition to that, other color options are requested by other people. They are as follows:

1. Atmosphere color options.

2. Star colors and flare colors.

3. Gas giants and bands colorization.

4. Galaxies colors.

5. Black hole colors.

6. Water color and city light colors.

7. Asteroid colors and human object color customizations.

8. Backgrounds. Customize simulation wallpapers by having more background types and choosing your own custom background.

9. Change colors of planet and surface grids and laser colors. (When this update is released and updated).

10.More options for stars. Sun spots and sun spot colors.

11. Improved climate mode and climate mode weather systems and color options.

12. Custom textures and color options for custom textures.

Please watch this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woKtLwH0jRg

Thanks.

Lord DC

• Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »
>black hole colors
you do mean the lens effect around the singularity right? because uhh... light doesn't escape from it

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 09:16:58 AM »
Yes, the lens effect could have colors. However, just for fun, in Universe Sandbox, black holes can have colored holes for a change than black. For example, you could turn a black hole to a white holes just by making it all white.

Lord DC

• Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »
perhaps they will, but they probably want to get the big system done first

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2019, 10:32:05 AM »
I hope they will add black hole colors too. The big system for the planet grids update will be done. No problem.

jonathan101125

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 02:25:17 PM »
Yes, I like the update, but we need BARRED SPIRALS!!!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »
Barred spiral galaxies must be added to the list of galaxies.