Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beyond the Milky Way | Update 23  (Read 11480 times)

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Beyond the Milky Way | Update 23
« on: June 25, 2019, 12:17:01 PM »
Beyond the Milky Way | Update 23 of Universe Sandbox is now available!

This update adds brand new galaxies that are much more interactive, accurate, and varied, making it easier than ever to create and customize on a galactic scale.

Learn more about Update 23

Gregory

Re: Beyond the Milky Way | Update 23
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 03:52:17 PM »
US2 nailed it with the new galaxy updates, as that's a huge step in improving the game.
Another thing they did was increase the size of the image in the measurement box of the object when you click on it.
Which is good for people who might have vision problems, which I don't have.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: Beyond the Milky Way | Update 23
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 12:37:04 AM »
Please Jar can you improve galaxies even more. The galaxies looks kind of fuzzy. The level of galaxy details must be improved more. However, so far, you can your development team did a brilliant job on galaxies.

One more thing that I want to mention about galaxies is when I insert more than four galaxies into one simulation, I greatly slows down my PC. My PC is running an AMD Ryzen 7 - 8 Core Processor with 16 GB RAM. Even that, adding more than four galaxies into one simulation makes my PC slow down. Simulations crash when adding around 6 or more galaxies. Something must be done about this extreme lag issue.

I also want to mention that black holes are very buggy and they must be reworked properly like you recently done with galaxies. Please add more black holes of various sizes and mass, and also rework the physics of black holes so they can work properly in simulations.

I cannot wait for the release of planet grids, localized temperatures and lasers by the end of summer 2019.

Good luck on your development journey for you and your wonderfully productive team. I like and appreciate all the features you created so far in Universe Sandbox, from the beginning until now.

Smence

-
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 12:48:32 PM »
Great I was able to view it online. I am not sure I got the whole thing either but it looks pretty good.

thanks so much for uploading.

/u