Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2599577 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #2910 on: March 03, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
[qote]How come they're about twice as expensive as normal rails? Right now I just need a central place to store things and I should develop more before a definite station spot can be made.[qote]

i meant 4 times.

Normal rails need a booster ever 20 meters. Cargo rails need one ever 5. It took several months before spawntown/me saved up enough gold to make the rail from spawntown to desertopia
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:01:57 PM by mudkipz »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2911 on: March 03, 2012, 03:52:03 PM »
Actually skirt, Normal rails need a booster each 35 meters, and cargo rails need one every 10, but bla is a poopie.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #2912 on: March 03, 2012, 03:55:04 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61024'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:17 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #2913 on: March 03, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
I suspect that the region where I am is particularily rich in resources, but then again, it just seems somewhat more abundant than when I first played.

What do you guys think about the idea to make a loop with a station in Kaeshar?

FiahOwl

« Reply #2914 on: March 03, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61033'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:15 AM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2915 on: March 03, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
Interstate Cartway 1

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2916 on: March 03, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »
I suspect that the region where I am is particularily rich in resources, but then again, it just seems somewhat more abundant than when I first played.

Can you draw the loop proposal on a map pl0x?

smjjames

« Reply #2917 on: March 03, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »

Can you draw the loop proposal on a map pl0x?

I can't ATM, but I wil later. It'll be a concept drawing since the exact route can be worked out. Also, what direction does the Auspikitan end of the line face? Not sure if it points north and we'll have to do an U turn from it.

You know, since Auspikitan itself has a loop to Deserttopia and the Revoluta line is basically an open ended loop, some restructuring is going to be needed at Spawntown Central and possibly at the T junction.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:47:29 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2918 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:31 PM »
Desertopia has 1t.
And i always preferred non loops so i could afk and stop the minecart at the station automatically
but oh well.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2919 on: March 03, 2012, 08:03:32 PM »
so bla, i herd i like height maps and i heard that maybe you could like height maps too and make one please?

smjjames

« Reply #2920 on: March 04, 2012, 08:15:56 AM »
Here is a rough drawing of the route. The dotted line is just a representation of the full loop, the solid line to the south is what I'm thinking of. The Desertopia-Ampluterra-Spawntown one is me wondering how we'll connect that to the loop, especially since we need two lines for two way traffic. Otherwise the Desertopia-Ampluterra branch would have one line connecting from Auspikitan and the other heading towards Revoluta.

How the Quontia branch will connect to it or remain a separate branch, I don't know.

It'll be complicated, but I'm sure we can work it out.

FiahOwl

« Reply #2921 on: March 04, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61095'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:12 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2922 on: March 04, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Hmm. I should probably release a map showing the rail routes so it is easier to plan.

One design could be a web. We have lines going from Spawntown in each direction, and then we have circles around Spawntown connecting neighboring regions in the other directions.

And I haven't forgotten about the heightmap (yet).

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2923 on: March 04, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
"One design could be a web. We have lines going from Spawntown in each direction, and then we have circles around Spawntown connecting neighboring regions in the other directions."

I frequently visit spawntown more often than i do other regions. taking a minecart to spawntown and then going to plaindea or wherever won't take much longer than a direct route and it saves time. If it eventually becomes so that routing through spawntown is inefficient, maybe we could 1 or two smaller 'hubs'

And a road linking regions nearby would be nice. I could make one to plaindea or yukiland when i figure out how blaroadage works.

And bla should post everytime he rennovates spawntown rail system :P everytime i ride the rails it's different and i keep thinking i've taken the wrong line.

FiahOwl

« Reply #2924 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61098'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:10 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #2925 on: March 04, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
If you'd move the Revoluta rail down a few more blocks before making the turn to Kaesar, then I would say go for it.

This isn't the final plan, just a rough draft, the exact route can be figured out later. I wasn't sure how far south we would make that part of it anyway.

Hmm. I should probably release a map showing the rail routes so it is easier to plan.

One design could be a web. We have lines going from Spawntown in each direction, and then we have circles around Spawntown connecting neighboring regions in the other directions.

And I haven't forgotten about the heightmap (yet).

Showing the exact rail routes would be a good idea. I tried to connect all the stations but I wasn't sure where exactly the Novascotchara one was and I didn't know how we would connect up the Quontia line.

A similar idea would be a wheel with spokes, but a web would accommodate future expansions more easily.

Depending on what we decide, this could end up being a major project, with possible rerouting of lines.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2926 on: March 04, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
Possibly, but at the moment, i see no need. There are only 2/3 regions next to you. Atomic doesn't log in (much). I think Quontex left (again)? smjjames has a region though. I don't think it's really necessary at the moment considering the amount of traffic anywhere in blacraft at this moment.

maybe we could 1 or two smaller 'hubs'

I'll take the southeast hub.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2927 on: March 04, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
i think the rail system is quite fine as it is with just minor adjustments. The rail system has gotten big enough that instead of adding more branches to spawntown, we should branch off of closer region's rail lines.

smjjames

« Reply #2928 on: March 04, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
Quote misplacement mudkipz? Anyways, you have a point as far as traffic, but its an idea we can consider for the future.

Quontex hasn't been back on AFAIK, so no idea.

smjjames

« Reply #2929 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »
i think the rail system is quite fine as it is with just minor adjustments. The rail system has gotten big enough that instead of adding more branches to spawntown, we should branch off of closer region's rail lines.

In my case, its Revoluta and Auspikitan. We don't absolutely have to take the loop configuration right now, I'm fine with just an extension of the one from Revoluta or Auspikitan, but I'm well located for a connection to both.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2930 on: March 04, 2012, 10:01:52 AM »
There is a branching and straight rail line....dilema? optimization? (i can't think of the word for it). Anyway. The rail system as it is bends the rail lines to fit with the stations and regions. A more effecient system would be to branch off rail lines. For example, look at NW Blacrafti. You could connect lotservania, deoxyworld, mudkipzania, desertopia, vatallus by extension, and quonbla all to mid ampluterra and the have ampluterra head to spawntown. It's more effecient, but you'd need to make stops and all that. You need to take into account if the people who own those regions afk on the minecart or what. I'm not suggesting rerouting the rail system, it's too much trouble and the rail system is fine. But it's something to think about when new rails are needed.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2931 on: March 04, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »
smjjames, i'm not sure where you're located. The only large land i see near revolutea and rift is SW of rift auskipitasfn. If thats where you live, you should probably connect to the auspikitan rail. If you're on the desert island, you could connect to auspikitan for the reason of slightly easier connection, or revolutea for a slightly shorter path.

smjjames

« Reply #2932 on: March 04, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »
Having a visualization of the routes is definetly going to help here.

The rail line already goes through 'deoxyworld', there just isn't a station set up. It pretty much only has that locked hotel and a nethergate as far as development goes anyway.

smjjames, i'm not sure where you're located. The only large land i see near revolutea and rift is SW of rift auskipitasfn. If thats where you live, you should probably connect to the auspikitan rail. If you're on the desert island, you could connect to auspikitan for the reason of slightly easier connection, or revolutea for a slightly shorter path.
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,2724.msg60601.html#msg60601 , second map.

Still though, the loop is just an idea, I'm fine with just an extension of either rail.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2933 on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
I suggest you link to auspikitan then, the route is shorter and would save alot of water tunnels to revolutea. Not that they're bad, they're just difficult to make.

smjjames

« Reply #2934 on: March 04, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »
I've already established a road going from Auspikitan, so it only makes sense.

I haven't decided exactly where the station should be yet though.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2935 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:54 AM »
i suggest the easter part of the desert so a straight rail can be built to asupikitan without touching water.

smjjames

« Reply #2936 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »
The end of the Auspikitan station faces west, so it's going to have to make a bend somewhere. Also, there is a ravine that runs sw-ne in that eastern part and I don't know how far it goes or what the ceiling height of it is.

There is plenty of time to decide the exact route.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2937 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:38 AM »
Spheron Rilmu ("Deoxyworld") doesn't have a station, and the rails don't go through it, because Deoxy doesn't want rails in his region.

I'll map the world now...

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2938 on: March 04, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »
smjjames, i'm sure a glass tunnel running through a ravine would be quite a sight to see on a minecart, would be very interesting and not too hard to make (compared to underwater)

FiahOwl

« Reply #2939 on: March 04, 2012, 10:40:41 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61120'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:08 AM by FiahOwl »