Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2605358 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #2880 on: March 02, 2012, 06:22:59 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '60619'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:54 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #2881 on: March 02, 2012, 06:39:28 AM »
No, wait... I said I wanted to develop that vast frozen land.

Crop only the ocean to the south, please :)

Okay then.

Smjjames, yes, you can approximately have all of that. What do you want the region to be called?

How about in the tradition of some people naming their region after the Nationstates (or rather the other way around I think), I'll name the region Kaeshar.

smjjames

« Reply #2882 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:30 AM »
Do you think it could be a canal and have some of the removed sand fill up and make a beach area where the chunk differences (whatever you call it, I somehow forgot, maybe due to less sleep, but anyway) are?
Very good idea imo. That would also make the great southern ocean accessible from the Spawntown area, and make the borders look much better.

I've made a dumping site (a group of 6 chests) for the dig out project, both because I need one and so you can fill up the chunky borders. I'm also wondering where you plan to put a canal.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2883 on: March 02, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
Fiah, I'd really like to crop off the huge snowland... It's a lot of terrain which could be updated. And think of the other interesting features the new terrain in there will have. Maybe there will be jungles?

smjjames

« Reply #2884 on: March 02, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
Fiah, I'd really like to crop off the huge snowland... It's a lot of terrain which could be updated. And think of the other interesting features the new terrain in there will have. Maybe there will be jungles?

Thats the reason why I wanted to remove the areas that I explored and right next to my territory, I'm hoping for some jungles.

Also, Fiah, if you're worried about the pumpkins, I found and harvested some on an island near my place and I've set up a small pumpkin farm, I'll give you some seeds if you want.

I agree with Bla in removing the frozen wasteland, I've gone through there and there are no trees or they're scarce.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2885 on: March 02, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Oh. I has 7 stacks of pumkims if you want some.

FiahOwl

« Reply #2886 on: March 02, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '60673'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:48 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #2887 on: March 02, 2012, 07:23:48 PM »
Hey Mudkipz, where exactly is your house in Minecraft? I tried to ask but you left before I could send the message. I really wish we could scroll up the chat becsause I know you said something about there being a sign and I went to deserttopia and I guess thats not where it is.

I wanted to look at the strip mine of yours so I can get an idea about how I should do it.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2888 on: March 02, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
i'll be on right now

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2889 on: March 02, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
progress on wall:
circmference: 60%
thickness: 80%
height: 100%
total: ~50% completion

Calculations show a rough estimate that the wall will contain around 1/4 million cobblestone when completed

smjjames

« Reply #2890 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
*massive facepalm* ><

I fell in the lava ravine due to lag and lost a diamond sword (my quarry/mine isn't 100% secure from mobs, more like 99%) perhaps 6 iron picks (I have almost a full stack of ore back home), a few stacks of cobblestone (again, I have craploads back home) most of a stack of torches, full iron armor, and a couple other stuff ><

That'll teach me to be more careful with that ravine....

Question, what brightness level do you guys use in the settings? Might be of some help in gauging light levels because I think a few mobs are spawning when it gets to night. Also, would a diamond sword be ideal or should I just carry something else?

Edited question for clarification
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:21:59 AM by smjjames »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2891 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »
kol ive never splunked without someone else. (bla and mudkipz)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2892 on: March 03, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »
Question, what brightness level do you guys use? Might be of some help in gauging light levels because I think a few mobs are spawning when it gets to night. Also, would a diamond sword be ideal or should I just carry something else?

above 7 is good but i generally keep it above 10

and stone sword.

smjjames

« Reply #2893 on: March 03, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »
I'm a next door neghbor to a ravine, and I was taking a closer look at the edge and yes I could have pressed shift :P In fact one side of my quarry is inside the wall of the ravine.

Attempted to reach the water which was close by though, didn't work.

smjjames

« Reply #2894 on: March 03, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »
Question, what brightness level do you guys use? Might be of some help in gauging light levels because I think a few mobs are spawning when it gets to night. Also, would a diamond sword be ideal or should I just carry something else?

above 7 is good but i generally keep it above 10

and stone sword.

I meant in the settings.

*grabs stone sword out of the dump bins*

Also, the public minecart storage in Spawntown needs to be restocked. I'll do a round trip to Auspikistian and grab some from there.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:28:16 AM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2895 on: March 03, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
I fell in the lava ravine due to lag and lost a diamond sword (my quarry/mine isn't 100% secure from mobs, more like 99%) perhaps 6 iron picks (I have almost a full stack of ore back home), a few stacks of cobblestone (again, I have craploads back home) most of a stack of torches, full iron armor, and a couple other stuff ><
Are you sure if it was completely due to lag? If it was completely due to lag, I can give it back to you unlegitly, but only if you're sure it was because of the lag.

Question, what brightness level do you guys use in the settings? Might be of some help in gauging light levels because I think a few mobs are spawning when it gets to night. Also, would a diamond sword be ideal or should I just carry something else?
I play on the darkest setting. If you play on brighter, I can imagine it being harder to guess... At least there have been problems in the public storage because the floor is made of sandstone, which appears very bright, resulting in me spacing out the torches more than I should have done.

Maybe you should use stone or iron swords until you become better at Minecraft, or otherwise you could keep the diamond sword for cases where you don't expect to die (like when working on the surface fairly close to a settlement). Then you can also practice your fighting skills more, with the lower quality weapons.
Do you know that if you sneak, you won't fall off the edge of blocks?

You can use diamond swords if you want, though. I think we can sustain that, or at least it wouldn't hurt our economy much, and over time you will probably begin to die less.

smjjames

« Reply #2896 on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
I'm not 100% sure it was lag and the cord for my laptop is a little funky, if it's not delivering power or isn't quite, that can give the illusion of lag, however I was having those lagspikes for a brief amount of time (gone now).

Its really a combination of lag and me being stupid.

I know about the shift key, just not used to using it.

I'll change the brightness back down from 50%, it might be that the ladders need more lighting at night. The ground under the quarry is also riddled with caves (combination of the abandoned mineshaft and tunnels coming off of the ravine I think and normal caves), so there could be a few spots that aren't fully lighted or chambers I haven't uncovered, but I've got it 99% lighted up.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2897 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »
"I play on the darkest setting. If you play on brighter, I can imagine it being harder to guess... At least there have been problems in the public storage because the floor is made of sandstone, which appears very bright, resulting in me spacing out the torches more than I should have done."

I play on brightest :P, if i play on anything darker, i expect mobs to be everywhere and spam the floor until it's solid torches

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2898 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »
Kol. I remember when you first joined and did just that in Mudkipzania... :P

smjjames

« Reply #2899 on: March 03, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »
"I play on the darkest setting. If you play on brighter, I can imagine it being harder to guess... At least there have been problems in the public storage because the floor is made of sandstone, which appears very bright, resulting in me spacing out the torches more than I should have done."

I play on brightest :P, if i play on anything darker, i expect mobs to be everywhere and spam the floor until it's solid torches

+50 brightness works well for me since the lowest setting makes things seem kind of dark, and I guess that explains Deserttopia.

Also, my mistake on a full stack of iron. I may have had almost a full stack of iron in my inventory when I died though, I don't remember.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2900 on: March 03, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »
Am I part of the USBR treaty or whatever? If i am, where is like the information for it? (where the wiki) If I'm not, can I join it?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2901 on: March 03, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »
Yes, you're a part of it. Here's the treaty (attached file) and a link to the old BBS law.

http://blacraft.wikia.com/wiki/Rules/Law_of_the_Blacraft_Blaist_State

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2902 on: March 03, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
How many people are in the treaty? (I was reading the "50% of people" part)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2903 on: March 03, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
Everyone except for Atomic and Deoxy (Deoxy is still a part of the common ownership though).

Quontex is probably leaving the treaty if he's active.

smjjames

« Reply #2904 on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
I do need to work on some self sufficiency, not full blown Autarky, just not have to take stuff from Spawntown so much.

I can definetly use a railway, but once I finish enlarging the level tunnels (I have one section on a level and two more full levels to go), I'll move on to some other ideas I have.

Anyways, I'm not sure if I'm officially in the treaty or not.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:02:25 PM by smjjames »

FiahOwl

« Reply #2905 on: March 03, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '61010'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:17:19 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #2906 on: March 03, 2012, 02:24:46 PM »
I mainly meant the iron (going to use stone tools more often) and food. Nighttime showed what I had missed as far as lighting, which was around the ladders themselves. Although a skeleton did show up in the middle of the hallway, most likely fell as its well lit.

Anyways, I'm planning on building a warehouse because I need a central place to store the sand for example. Not sure if I'll put it next to the quarry/mine or elsewhere. The ravine down there which runs sw-ne could pose a problem.

Just wondering, I know the transportation rail system is always at 50 altitude, what about the cargo system? Is that also always on the same level?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2907 on: March 03, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »
The long distance cargo rails are at layer 40, yes.
But you can still have intraregional cargo lines at strip mine levels etc. going to a central hub at layer 40 for sending the stuff off from there.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2908 on: March 03, 2012, 02:28:38 PM »
Just wondering, I know the transportation rail system is always at 50 altitude, what about the cargo system? Is that also always on the same level?

At 40 or 41. they're pretty expensive to make too, (about 2 times more so than normal rails), so it only pays off if you deliver a large amount of cargo frequently. In the month since the cargo rail to desertopia has been built, i've shipped around 10-15 large chests worth of goods which is a lot of walking saved. Unfortunately i haven't been able to get on frequently recently.

What i think would be good is furnace carts :)
and i plan on using those for my inter-regional transports if i need any, they're cheap and speed is not an issue imo

smjjames

« Reply #2909 on: March 03, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
How come they're about twice as expensive as normal rails? Right now I just need a central place to store things and I should develop more before a definite station spot can be made.

For the main railway, my idea is to connect with both Revoluta and Auspikitan into a loop. I have lots of sand that can be used for the underwater tunnel between Kaeshar and Revoluta.