Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is the temperature system broken?  (Read 2043 times)

Thunder Ice

Is the temperature system broken?
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:37:33 PM »
I ask this question mostly due to the fact that - I slammed a 50 km asteroid into the planet at 30 km a second, slamming into the Gulf of Mexico, with hundreds of pieces of the asteroid crashing into the planet over the equivalent of several hours.

The temperature hardly changed by a percent. Nothing bad happened.

Will this see a fix in the future? It'd be nice to slam an asteroid into the Earth and watch a wall of fire engulf the planet and fry it.

To further this statement, I decided to test it out and crash an asteroid into the Earth at 1LS (1 Light Speed). A big fiery spot appeared around the impact spot - the temperature of the planet still did not change, still static, stuck at 14.2. Though, after I sped it up by several minutes, it didn't go up - it actually went down. An asteroid striking the Earth at the speed of light, and the temperature goes down and the planet freezes instead of cooking.

This wasn't an issue in the previous version. Will this be fixed?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:42:18 PM by Thunder Ice »

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Is the temperature system broken?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:35:40 PM »
Thanks for reporting. You're correct that there are some issues with temperatures right now, especially with impact-related heating. We're aware of these and we're looking into fixing them as soon as possible!

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:57:30 PM »
Objects also heat up when I change their semi-major axis. Really confusing.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »
Thanks for reporting. You're correct that there are some issues with temperatures right now, especially with impact-related heating. We're aware of these and we're looking into fixing them as soon as possible!

Also, I feel that when a body is being torn apart by the Roche limit, said body should heat up a bit, but not glowing yellow. Said bodies fragments should be glowing yellow though.