Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: US2 Alpha for school?  (Read 2117 times)

kallisti

• I'm trying.
US2 Alpha for school?
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:34:32 AM »
A friend of mine is in the management at a junior high school, and they're doing a bit on astronomy, global warming, etc. this winter. I remember there being an offer for free licences for schools for v1, but I realize this is an Alpha and cannot be guaranteed for in any way. Still, I showed her the part where you can demonstrate the effects of increased co2 in the atmosphere over time, and she was very impressed and want to implement that part in the demonstrations for the students. Would this be possible under the old school licence, or be handled legally in another way?

Gordon Freeman

Re: US2 Alpha for school?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:05:32 AM »
Not sure if this is relevant but here's is the Legal Terms section in the FAQs:

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »
Well, I remember there being some kind of info on FREE licences for schools, and that info does not cover that. I realize the US team probably don't want to release an Alpha for school use, but my friend thought it would be a great tool after I demonstrated the climate change options in it.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
Here's the blog post with information about educational discounts: http://universesandbox.com/blog/2012/11/universe-sandbox-is-now-free-to-schools/

The discount is available only for the original Universe Sandbox. We do not currently have any educational discount plans for Universe Sandbox ².

That being said, it's great that your friend is interested in using Universe Sandbox ²'s climate features in their classroom. Kallisti, please have your friend contact us directly: http://universesandbox.com/contact/

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 07:46:54 PM »
Thanks, will let her know!