Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pulsars?  (Read 3856 times)

More Boosters

Pulsars?
« on: December 02, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »
So I did the tutorial. In the same tutorial, following the same procedures works only for the Sirius B and not the crab pulsar. Outside, it doesn't work for Sirius B either...

How do I get the pulsar effect outside of the tutorial?

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
Re: Pulsars?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:38:56 PM »
Spawn a pulsar -.-
they are very small however so make sure to have your magnifying glass out.

More Boosters

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »
Spawn a pulsar -.-
they are very small however so make sure to have your magnifying glass out.

If Crab Pulsar isn't a pulsar than I don't know what is.

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
If you can't see it try zooming in. If you can see the star but not the pulsar effect, then you have a bug.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 02:48:16 PM »
The bug I believe lies within star classifications. As far as I can tell the stars designated "pulsars" don't actually have the pulsar effect. This should be fixed as part of larger changes being made to stellar evolution.

More Boosters, the effect should still work on Sirius B and other white dwarfs and neutron stars. Make sure you're selecting Sirius B and not Sirius. You can create the effect using the method described in the tutorial, or you can use the new "Make Pulsar" button which was introduced in Alpha 17. This should appear in the Materials tab for white dwarfs and neutron stars.

More Boosters

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »
The bug I believe lies within star classifications. As far as I can tell the stars designated "pulsars" don't actually have the pulsar effect. This should be fixed as part of larger changes being made to stellar evolution.

More Boosters, the effect should still work on Sirius B and other white dwarfs and neutron stars. Make sure you're selecting Sirius B and not Sirius. You can create the effect using the method described in the tutorial, or you can use the new "Make Pulsar" button which was introduced in Alpha 17. This should appear in the Materials tab for white dwarfs and neutron stars.

This button is there for Sirius B but not for the Pulsar Stars. The pulsar stars don't seem to be capable of being... pulsars at all.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 06:46:40 PM »
Right, it's certainly confusing. As as I said, it's a bug with classification which should be fixed with the reworked stellar evolution models coming in future updates.