Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: IPAD version  (Read 11310 times)

Usurper

IPAD version
« on: April 02, 2016, 08:00:28 AM »
I don't have a PC and I came across this simulator on UTube. I really would love to play with this but I am not going to shell out the money for a PC just to play this game. Any chance you are going to make it available for the apple app store?

Thanks

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: IPAD version
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »
No PC, not even a laptop? Concerning computers, you actually don't need a powerful PC to run this game. As for a mobile version, I don't think something like that is on the radar right now (if at all). However, I don't think its a question of compatibility, but more of, will it even run on a tablet? 

As awesome as a mobile version of the game would be, the slow CPU's in tablets would probably fry if it tried to run any intense simulations. Hey, who knows... maybe we'll see it in the future. :D We can always be optimistic.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: IPAD version
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »
We are actually discussing a mobile version of Universe Sandbox ², which would include an iPad version. Recent developments in mobile hardware put them on par with lower-end computers, so with some optimization it's definitely possible.

We are only talking about this right now, so we don't have a timeframe yet. It won't be anytime too soon unfortunately.