Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: N/ApRcraft [IndustrialCraft 2 Server]  (Read 58330 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: N/ApRcraft [IndustrialCraft 2 Server]
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:44 PM »
somone make a shitton of coal dust please if they can

edit: just 32

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 05:34:49 AM »
nue wut time are you on est?

smjjames

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 11:54:48 AM »
Been playing Pocket Planes on iPad and I'm falling behind here, lol. Not sure if I should keep practicing on SP with the starting steps or go ahead in the MP server.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »
play mp server with a ic wiki tab open.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '74036'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:30:37 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »
Trampolines are bugged btw guys, they just poof when you touch them with anything other than your hands.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »
graph of resources on the server for today (and regarding ores, for every day). THE BOTTOM AXIS IS TIME (in EDT)

We have a mining machine now. my solar charger thingy is open to everyone, but try to leave at least 300k eu in both mfe's combined. Also have about 2 million reserve eu but tell me if you need it so i can make the necessary adjustments.

next we should splunk more, make an array of mining machines, and then make a nuclear powerplant. this is the plan.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 01:10:31 AM »
My plan:

Lava. And geothermal generators. Yes... Lava and geothermal generators.

^^^ Bla this is your power plant.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »
i made 8 geothermals :P

anyway lava is limited, so the plan should be more like:

mining  machines + splunk + geothermal = energy + more mining machines

more mining machines + energy = uranium

nuclear powerplant + uran from mining machines = huge amount of limitless energy.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 01:59:28 AM »
I wonder if glowstone and solar panels would work... Nop

Btw, there's a very big ravine inside an epicave at (349 , 36 , 232). It's not explored and goes down to lava layer. It's very close to another big ravine I explored yesterday.

Holykol, the nueks are kipzane, it's blamazing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:33:46 AM by Bla »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:07 AM »
windmills must be built at block 149 with a 9x9x7 with onyl 2 wires, and only 5 windmills per storage thingy. actuall, i think ill do the building. it will be above a tall mountaion so dont blow up any more kip. Also, I will need a spare MFE

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 12:47:51 PM »
... Where did you do the nuke? Unless that's some screenshot from elsewhere.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
It's from SP. :P And it's many nukes.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 12:56:47 PM »
Ok good.

No nukes within like, 500 m of buildings plz. Also before you do that you should check to make sure nothing important is there. For example I have a mine up north quite a distance (I never measured it).

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
So we have some economic problems. Here's my suggestion on how to solve them:

1: Expand public storage. I'll do this soon, I'll make a seperate floor for the vast amount of dirt and cobble and try to organize the chests better.

2: Make a collective storage. I can do this, too. Maybe the top floor of the public storage. Instead of making private chests, we could make it a bit hard to get in there and with plenty of visible signs, so people would be sure that they're actually taking something which is important to all of us (I think this was a part of the problem earlier, people didn't know what each other needed and thought that there was enough of everything, so they just took stuff for themselves. How 5+ diamonds could just disappear, don't ask me about that, though).
The collective storage works, besides from the process of accessing it, exactly like on Blacraft, to hold the rare items we can't just use mindlessly.

3: Make an approval system or a way of keeping track of the collective storage. If one or a few people manages the chests, people could place signs on the floor below with their requests, and people could place signs at those signs telling whether they'd be ok with it or against it. Sort of like a primitive system of Spawntown Voting Center and faster.

Otherwise, make a system where you write down on a sign if you take anything, with an UTC-timestamp of when you took it. Remove signs which are 3+ days old or something. If someone takes things and we vote that the person was unfair in taking it afterwards, the person could be told to gather those resources for the storage again.

We could see if people will respect this collective storage or if we need to use more strict methods, if people ignore it and treat it like their personal pool of stuff.

4: This is just an idea, not sure if we should implement. But if we need to place responsibility on people, we could give different main tasks to different people. Like one person having the main task of ensuring that there's enough food, another having the main task to ensure we don't run out of wood, etc. We could have multiple main tasks each, and if we get a surplus of some things while we need other  things or a person becomes inactive for some time, we ofc simply change what tasks people have. Not as a way to blame a few people for our problems, but to encourage those to go out and gather whatever we need instead of just standing in collective chaos where none of us do everything and everyone keep yelling for whether they can take the stuff they need or not.
It could also be made so that people could have a list of priorities like maybe 1: Food, 2: Wood, 3: Ores etc.

So what are people think?

smjjames

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »
We could experiment with number 4?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »
I like number 4. This could work.

smjjames

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
Should we do the automatic farm in a cell by cell style (Forssa) or in a slope style (Border Hill)?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 04:37:28 PM »
I'd say slope, unless it's going to be gigantic.

Primary tasks:

Smjjames - food.
Bla - wood.
Atomic - rubber.
Rest - ores.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:36:35 PM by Bla »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:31 PM »
no there must be 25 bread per second

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:09 PM »
kiptech in operation with 2 extractors, 5 electric furnaces, 3 compressors, 4 macerators. (which means more convenience to convert sap, hopefully).

Even with all machines using full power constantly, as long as you sleep, the entire lab will run for 2 and a half hours on stored energy (this is with all machines constantly running), and the nuclear powerplant can recharge all 1.2 million eu in about 25 minutes.

Walls have been made to prevent most mobs from entering.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
I cleaned up and extended the public storage. There's now cobble, gravel and dirt on the second floor.
Most items should be possible to put into broadly classified chests on the first floor, except snow, flint and probably a few other things which can just stay in the dumping chests for now.

I harvested 128 wood for today so maybe don't use it too much for building and stuff requiring a lot of wood if you don't want to risk running out while I'm blasleep.

Tomorrow I will hopefully hunt more diamonds and improve Leninkat Power Plant capacity and output.

smjjames

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »
Bla, the reason why I had the cobblestone between platforms is so that if you're walking on the platforms and you jump down, you don't un-plow the soil.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
stuck in lava when building my house.
holding my laser
wearing my nano armour.

;-(

i lost 5 (2.5 hearts) damage

meh, trying to convince kipz to block up the lava

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »
I started working on the new rubber tree farm, cause kip needed to expand his lab and I was going to move it because it was starting to get surrounded and I was planning on expanding it. So I'll finish that tomorrow.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »
this is my lab. the mfsu will supply power 12 machines running constantly for over 5 hours even if somehow, the geothermal, nuclear, and solar power supply are all turned off. oh yeah, no-one go in the lab holding a wrench because if you accidentally touch those transformers there's a good chance there'll be a hole where you used to be. When completely drained, as it is now, the mfsu will take 140 minutes to charge, gaining 1200 energy per second (or, if 5 geothermals are running, it'll take 57 minutes and over 1000 buckets of lava). A single run of the double-rod reactor will fill the mfsu with 8 million eu.

So i effectively now have 667 batboxes.

The third pic is of my nuclear reactor setup. the water buckets are not necessary, but just incase my test in csp and calculations were both incorret, which they don't seem to be. the two cells touching doubles the efficiency and is the best completely stable reactor possible at this time.

Also, i would like to warn everyone not to have more than 5 geothermal generators active when the solar panels are on and 6 geothermal when the solar panels are off. exceding this amount will cause melting wires and possibly explosions.

To quote bla, 'Byetown' b/c kiptech

update: mfs at 3m/10m eu
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:09:03 AM by mudkipz »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 03:59:48 AM »
Bla, the reason why I had the cobblestone between platforms is so that if you're walking on the platforms and you jump down, you don't un-plow the soil.
There's no need to step down from the cobble. You can reach at least 4 tiles inwards from it, and since there's 6m of crops between the cobble, you can just walk on the cobble and plant 3m on each side. So there's no reason to jump down.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 04:02:32 AM »
i find it more convenient to just get on the soil and run across the rows planting. with the planting from the sides it is much slower. Also, the first row of soil from each platform, it useless, any crops where will not drop  anything because water is falling on top of them instead of on their side. thats why there is the cobble in forssa.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 04:04:54 AM »
also server name sucks. i have better ideas.

In order of how much i liek

-nuecraft
-N/Acraft (not available craft :P)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 05:01:32 AM »
I'm thinking about building a mass fabricator. It'll be able convert energy to diamond at the rate of 1.5 million eu/diamond. since 1 uranium is worth about 4 million energy, i think it is worth it. Oh yes.