Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: N/ApRcraft [IndustrialCraft 2 Server]  (Read 58691 times)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
Re: N/ApRcraft [IndustrialCraft 2 Server]
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
ok, kip has more eu generators than bong, who has 0

also, did ur msfu ever run out of energy once u charged it?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »
i have not enough energy generators and my msfu has been empty for the past 10 hours.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »
Bong, you can get power from Leninkat Power Plant, it has 30 solar panels and an MFE. I can set up some tin wires if you have a batbox, and I'll continue to work on expanding the capacity.

With that said, Kipz's lab is public, so the windmills he gets will benefit everyone. I think we all regularly use his lab for macerating, smelting or whatever, at least I do when Atomic's is out of power.
I think it's fair Kiptech gets 12 windmills without the rest of us demanding 12 windmills for all the other labs being set up. In the future I don't expect Kipz to demand 30 solar panels if I plan to set up 30 more solar panels either, that's not how need works.

Hopefully I'll be able to overcome my Civ bladdiction and help you with getting resources to set up your own lab later. It's not that I don't think you should set up a lab.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
I demand 12 windmills when my lab is done.

So, how come I have to get my power forom Leninkat Plant? Its yours right? Why did you make it? To get power. Why didn;t u just get power from kip'z lab???

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
because leninkat was to power nuelab i think, nue refused my nuclear power and i had shitloads going to waste so i built my own lab. leninkat is a powerplant, not a lab. (last time i looked)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
* bong is waiting for Bla's awenser

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2012, 09:56:14 AM »
i just answered your questions.

because leninkat was to power nuelab i think, nue refused my nuclear power and i had shitloads going to waste so i built my own lab. leninkat is a powerplant, not a lab. (last time i looked)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »
its a question to Bla

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »
yes, but i happen to know the correct answers too.

smjjames

« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »

He also tried to connect to my lab with a tin cable, however, I attempted to use a batbox like a transformer, or maybe it was the gold cable I used.

The thing is that everybody is having issues with power supply right now.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2012, 10:06:02 AM »
yes, but i happen to know the correct answers too.

how do i know he agrees with you? its his arguement

if person a had a test and u told him the awensers, he might not believe u

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Cooperate instead of rivalling, that's stupid and will only make things worse.

If you want 12 windmills now, you're free to mine the materials to make them yourself. Idk how many materials there are in the public storage since I left, but making 12 windmills requires what I attached below.
I can't really say I approve of anything before I know how much we have. But the classical thing we did in the beginning was to run around and ask if we had this and that and if we could take this and that for our own projects and nobody was really gathering anything. That's a very irresponsible mentality and I don't think that's acceptable. So I'll consider things when the server is up based on what we have.
I could imagine us being very low on redstone, maybe iron too depending on how much we had before Fiah took 300. Maybe cobble if Kipz has turned it all into scrabs. :P

Leninkat is public and is meant to provide power for everyone who needs it. I haven't made anything using power yet, but later I will probably make Dash Electronics or Slash Electronics or something.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »
24 redstone can be mined within 10 minutes.
iron is the only problem, but not to big, i hope

also cobble is no issue, i can easily gather several thousand in a single day :P

smjjames

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
To change the subject a bit, any ideas on how to make this prototype more efficient? The first one has less energy storage but it charges up fast, the second one has LOTS of energy storage (It's pretty much a giant battery in that configuration), but takes a while to charge up each batbox.

smjjames

« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »
Derp, forgot to add more watermills, still, its the setup I'm asking about.

Also, Kipz said last night that the optimal depth for a 'water tower' would be 5 blocks, so would that mean each column of watermills has two or three sets? I know it's an obvious question, but just checking what you mean. I could add a third set to take advantage of the surface waters.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:28:23 AM by smjjames »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »
iron is biggest problem

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »
well you have 4 watermills and a tin wire. you can just make stack those 4 watermills a few times, they should lose only around 10% of their power generation from this and it can be made with less wire and more compactly

smjjames

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2012, 11:08:09 AM »
well you have 4 watermills and a tin wire. you can just make stack those 4 watermills a few times, they should lose only around 10% of their power generation from this and it can be made with less wire and more compactly

Do you mean something like this?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »
yes.

two points:

the bottom one should not be touching ground/below the water , but hover 1 block off

maybe if there is space, seperate them with 1 block in between to get more energy at the cost of space.

smjjames

« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
yes.

two points:

the bottom one should not be touching ground/below the water , but hover 1 block off

maybe if there is space, seperate them with 1 block in between to get more energy at the cost of space.

I know there needs to be one block off the ground, it was just an example to see if I got what you meant, and one block in between columns, right? Just making sure I understand, and I'm already making the columns one space apart

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2012, 11:22:55 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '74351'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:29:01 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
i spy a blown up npc village

Yea, I was messing around with a nuclear reactor. The explosion has a hell of a kickback.

Kipz, for best efficiency, should they be in stacks of 3 or 4? With the current depth, I was able to squeeze in another set of 4 watermills to each column.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:42:20 AM by smjjames »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »
everything is public. although, i swear, if we made it all private for a few days, ore production would double.
There's one problem with this. When we turn it back public people will keep some (if not most) of their stuff.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2012, 12:46:37 PM »
well people can easily just hide their items even now.

not saying we should be private anyway.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »
If everything becomes private I think it will become more boring to play SMP. You might as well play SP. The community part of SMP will be weaker and people might spend less of their time on the server. Ultimately that will make people mine and build less.

From my experience yesterday, I don't think the economy works badly. We do mine a lot of stuff, but we also use up some things quickly, like redstone. But we've also built a lot of things so far so it's not like it's all going to waste or nobody is mining anything.
And please stop screaming "omfsm communism doesn't work" as soon as we run out of whatevers, this is a game, a fantasy world and a small community and has little to do with reality. Even though I know it's easy to say that when people seem to repeat that mindlessly and endlessly.

If our duty assignment system doesn't work alone, I think we should look into a collective storage system like on Blacraft. Keep a reserve of rare stuff public and make the rest hard to access/etc. so we can agree on how it's spent before 300 iron suddenly disappears and we can't even make good tools for mining more. I can make a floor for it in the public storage, and if people steal or ignore the warning signs/don't discuss before taking/etc. we can look into more ristrictive methods.

smjjames

« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
It was also kind of problematic at first because everybody was competing for limited resources, but once people set up their own labs, etc, things should settle down.

smjjames

« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
Can someone check for sure which of the generator recipies is more efficient resource wise. I tried using the second one in an attempt to conserve some resources. I used the iron furnace recipie that uses the stone furnace.

Edit: Watermill farm complete.

Edit2: Going to remove that random batbox in the corner of Sparke Industries which isn't connected to anything, and placed it somewhere that it would be useful.

Edit3: Anybody know where the pump went? I'm thinking of doing some mining with the miner and use the pump as well, though probably not today.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:16:52 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2012, 07:16:08 PM »
omfsm, everyone eat bla

also, use the second one because less smelting.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
people take stuff out of the machines in kiptech when they're done or else i dump them into a random chest in the room :P

(at least it's better than nue burning them)

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
holyshit the thread like, doubled