Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Supernova  (Read 7954 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Supernova
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »
I found a wierd supernova glitch....or maybe it was intentional?

and if i zoom out afterwards, the white disk reappears strangely, but maybe i should pretend that never happened and say it was a supernova.
Universe Sandbox Supernova Glitch

clockworks

• Connor
Re: Supernova
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »
at high speeds it puts more pressure on US so it's a glitch

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 07:22:23 PM »
That's a strange bug and not intentional.

I just had a conversation with Eric about how to handle supernova. Turns out it's complicated. Not sure if they'll be in the initial release of v3, but it's something we want to do.

dhm794

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

I just had a conversation with Eric about how to handle supernova. Turns out it's complicated. Not sure if they'll be in the initial release of v3, but it's something we want to do.

Is there a replacement for the current stellar explosion?

smjjames

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »

Is there a replacement for the current stellar explosion?

Its been implied there might be a new explosion mechanic along with the collision mechanics. Other than speculation though, no idea.

Europa64

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:00:13 AM »
I made a supernova explosion but it wasnt that glitch u did

Anyways here r the pictures of it
plus i made a gamma ray burst with the supernova

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
cool, just used objects, turned them into dust, and then made them be sucked in a jetted out?

Desacabose

• ?
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 02:13:01 PM »
That's pretty cool, when I attempt to simulate a supernova or nebula I tend to just take VY Canis Majors of random colours and turn them to dust before letting them get ripped around by a black hole or star...This seems better

::) ;D :) ??? 8) :o :( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :o 8) ??? 8) ::) ;) ;D :D :) :( 8)
I would assume that that would be complicated and require code for a lot of stuff
The nucleosynthesis process , the continuation of this process would consume energy. So when the mass of the core exceeds the Chandrasekhar limit, electron degeneracy pressure will be unable to support its weight against the force of gravity, and the core will undergo sudden, catastrophic collapse to form a neutron star or (in the case of cores that exceed the Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff limit), a black hole. Through a process that is not completely understood, some of the gravitational potential energy released by this core collapse is thereby converted into a Type Ib, Type Ic, or Type II supernova.
Then maybe the remants
I wonder if we'll see White and black dwarfs,Black holes/gamma ray bursts, and(my favourite) Neutron stars in Ubox3
Though this alone would require code for what to form, how to form them, how they behave, the gravity they generate, light, code for the actual time vs. Life, how they work fade time ect.In my mind the simplest way to include supernova in Ubox3 would be like the current black hole system:Button in the menu of stars could grow stars to correct size,mass,dense and make it go Nova.This would be an easier way to include them instead of trying to add stellar evolution right then and there you could work on both and have this a debug/test mode for nova for feedback...but then again this would almost be more complicated
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:51:01 PM by Desacabose »

Europa64

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
cool, just used objects, turned them into dust, and then made them be sucked in a jetted out?
Uh yeah here is exactly how.
I put a large star in the center and turned it to dust
I put two smaller stars on opposite ends and turned those to dust.
ANd in the complete center i put a 1 solar mass black hole and speeded up the time to 17 days per second.
I zoomed out and got the results. And if u dont want the gamma ray burst with it dont add two stars at opposite ends of the large dustball.