Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Solar System Creator Wiki  (Read 375801 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Solar System Creator Wiki
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2009, 09:03:50 AM »
Finally everyone goes on it! Now get us to page 5, where we will be able to see this.

Edit: YAY! I DID!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2009, 07:04:26 PM »
You guys are soo lucky. I don't have Spore. :( >:(

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2009, 09:11:50 PM »
My new solar system is SG-232-Z1Z2. Check it out!

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2009, 04:09:56 AM »
Cool! Deoxy, if you want to add your solar system to our galaxy in an Universe Sandbox system, please edit the file attached to this post. :)
Attach the edited file to your next post, then Naru can edit it, or SuperNova, or someone else, or the other way around.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2009, 10:40:36 AM »
No, I will not do that. I will make my own system.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »
Either way, someone will add it on.  ;D

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
Deoxy99, that's your own choise. But if you want to have real distances to our stars, it would be much easier to read from the official system we're making for the wiki, instead of adding the star to the system after it has been written inside the wiki. :)
You don't have to add planets, only your star. I can also do it for you if you want, or NeutronStar if he wants to, he can add colors to stars.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »
Bla, add Ixra's planets to the updated file. Also, to make it work, download the other files, they are taxtures used for some of my planets.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2009, 02:26:59 AM »
Yes sir, can you tell me which folder to place the textures in?
I found out. The media folder in the same parent folder as the my systems folder.

But I still need to add my planets to the system. I'll do that later, I g2g now and my com has some trouble in Universe Sandbox, probably because of my new graphics card which 0wnz everything. But is too new... And bla bla bla. I'll do it later.

Ok, done. I couldn't have Universe Sandbox running for more than a minute without my screen becoming black or freezing, so I had to edit the XML file. I tried, but last time I checked it didn't work. Since then I changed the status of the Ixra-planets from being planets to moons. I hope it works.

P.S. How did you make the textures if you made them yourself?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:04:40 AM by Bla »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2009, 09:49:34 AM »
One I found online, and you know that thing called astrosyntheisis? Download the "demo". It's not much of a demo, because you can do everything but the one major thing. Save. If you generate a solar system, you can add more planets and moons, look at your system in motion. Right-click on a planet's name in the sidebar, then select "Generate Planet Surface". It will give you a few options and then it is there. Find the Astrosynthesis files in it's folder in (i think) Documents\Astrosynthesis. Since, you can't save a system, you can just drag it to media and rename it (they are called FSDY87sdahFSD8J.jpg and stuff), or if you ever want to use it again in astro, then just copy the file.

Edit: Long, I know.

Edit 2: Your planets... are... larger... than YOUR STAR!!!!!! XML code error I guess...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:55:36 AM by NeutronStar »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2009, 10:15:09 AM »
I don't know why, but when I write something that sounds boring I get really frustrated. Your writing sounds so much better, can you re-write my stuff... I want it to sound better, I don't really have any ideas... I don't know... :'(

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »
Thanks. I can, but you need to tell me what sections I should rewrite, how close it has to be to the original text and if I should just edit it or if I should send the text to you first.
I'll check the XML codes, but I'm glad to see that my planets showed up at least. :P
I guess I forgot to divide by 1.000 if I converted from meter to kilometer.
Thanks for telling me about Astrosynthesis.

EDIT: Yes, I had forgot to divide by 1000 at all planets except Roxna. I hope it works now. If you check it out, can you tell me something about their orbits? Are they nearly circular and do they orbit at the same plane? I tried to make them near-circular, except Roxna which hopefully is a little more eccentric.

EDIT: I drew a map for Laktra, so I've uploaded it. I've changed the file to use the map. Remember to add .png to the end if it get's deleted by your com or something (the filename should be Laktra.png).

EDIT: I tested it and your textures work! I can also see my planets, but I think my texture for Laktra had a wrong size. I've uploaded a new one which is 1024x512 pixels.

EDIT: Oh, it wasn't the problem. You have to change <(/)Appearance> to <(/)Texture>! It works now!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:02:48 PM by Bla »

Naru523

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
Nice map editing. Better than mines >.>

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2009, 02:50:24 PM »
Thanks a lot. :P :)
Paint on Windows 7 0wnz, it has some very useful brushes, including chalk, which I used.

Naru523

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2009, 02:59:08 PM »
Im going to put my system into the galaxy when Im getting on another computer.  :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
I can always revert it.

I NEED WINDOWS 7 NOW~!!!!!!!  ;D

Btw, I don't check the orbit, but the sizes and distances are a bit too realistic!  ;D ;D jk (They're fine)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »
You haven't been online on the sosycrewi for a while now, I hope you will come back and edit and create and roleplay and edit more and make nations and empires and... Edit! :-[
Only do it if you want to, but please want to do it! :P

Btw NeutronStar, your story writing skills are very good, and your nations' histories are exciting. You don't need my help to make it sound exciting, but if you want I can (as long as you tell me what to do exactly). :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
Ah whatever. Yeah I forgot to. I'll be on in a bit.

Naru523

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
Rofl... No idea.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
I've changed the front page so there is an area with the current date, month and year for referance, and then a manually changeable date, month and year equal to the changeable solar date, placed above the reference date. So the equation always will be true, when not updated, and it always will be easy to find out what solar date it really is. If you prefer the older version, just remove my changes or tell me to do it.

I have also used something called "nation strength" for the nations on my planet, should we make it an universal system or should it be for my articles only? If it was universal, I will create an universal article about it, otherwise probably a Laktra-article.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
How does it work?

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2010, 09:34:20 PM »
Here's an idea. Why not make a universe image with all the locations of the systems?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
@ deoxy99: Good idea, I was thinking about something similar, but then it would be in 2D, and then the distances wouldn't be visible. It would most likely be a screenshot of the Universe Sandbox system we've made.

@ NeutronStar: It works by estimating how strong a nation would be, based on it's military, land, infrastructure and technology (plus smaller factors). There's no formula, but we could make a simple guide, for example:
A nation with an army of 10,000 soldiers with 1950-like weapons would give a nation strength of about 2.
Etc. The most important would be the military strength, since the nation can have pretty much any size and technology, but without military it wouldn't be able to defend itself. The military uses the land, infrastructure and technology to become stronger and give a higher strength.

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2010, 08:22:18 AM »
Well guess what? Gefare (my empire), has taken over the hieale territory.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »
Interesting. :)
Deoxy99, what if we used solar dates in your articles? Then everyone are using the same, universal system of time. It would make it alot easier to understand the history of all we've created, especially if they interact with each other.
Of course, we can't change your bya, mya and tya to solar dates, because solar dates aren't that long, but it would be great if we could change the log files into solar dates. :)

SuperNova

• ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH!
    • Dreadnaught BG
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2010, 12:27:09 PM »
hey...where is my solar system in the list?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
Check the sidebar, everyones is there. I see you haven't been on in a while.

@Bla, then we could use html to choose a sphere that is over a star and it links to the page!

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »
Interesting. :)
Deoxy99, what if we used solar dates in your articles? Then everyone are using the same, universal system of time. It would make it alot easier to understand the history of all we've created, especially if they interact with each other.
Of course, we can't change your bya, mya and tya to solar dates, because solar dates aren't that long, but it would be great if we could change the log files into solar dates. :)

No, its fine.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
Bla is right deoxy. It's just like the billion dollar mission to mars that crashed when somone thought they were using miles and not kilometers.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2010, 11:03:03 PM »
@Bla, then we could use html to choose a sphere that is over a star and it links to the page!
We could use HTML... To choose a sphere over a star... And it links to the page...
Possible meanings: An image of a sphere placed above a star, linking to a page made with HTML, possibly nation strength.

No, I don't understand. Can you please explain it? :P

Wait, possible explanation 2 found:
We use HTML to make a sphere around/above a star, with other objects in it, so that people can click them and use it as a map with links to the objects.