Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Suggestions?  (Read 3268 times)

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
Suggestions?
« on: December 31, 2011, 05:29:56 PM »
I have a suggestion for the next ubox version!

Is it possible to have a bump map for planet textures or the planets render itself depends on their texture?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:57:02 PM »
not sure what you mean. If you want visual "bumps" you can do that with custom textures. If you want physical bumps, you'll need to change the model

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »
I have a suggestion for the next ubox version!

Is it possible to have a bump map for planet textures or the planets render itself depends on their texture?

It's possible! But I'm not shure if Dan will implement it.

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
Yeah, i wish Dan will do and the bumps will make the planet realistic too with an atmosphere and it should be a separated texture and rotate in opposite direction:

Planet Texture + Texture Bump = Clockwise
Planet Atmosphere Texture = Counter-Clockwise

So we will need at least 3 textures to make a planet like earth and 2 textures for planets that isn't habitable or not suitable for life but it still depends on the user's heart content  :P

smjjames

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 04:57:14 PM »
Yeah, i wish Dan will do and the bumps will make the planet realistic too with an atmosphere and it should be a separated texture and rotate in opposite direction:

So we will need at least 3 textures to make a planet like earth and 2 textures for planets that isn't habitable or not suitable for life but it still depends on the user's heart content  :P

Procedural textures? Not sure how Dan would implement that.

I think Dan has said that he wants to have some kind of visual effect for atmospheres and there is also going to be atmospheric drag (not sure how that will affect things, considering how thin the atmosphere is compared to the planet itself) in the major release coming sometime this year.

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 05:02:30 PM »
Procedural textures will also be better than making another texture by yourselft but it should produce textures depending on the statistics of the planet lets say, distance from the star its orbiting and if it is capable of life(habitable) that would be a such workload

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »

Procedural textures? Not sure how Dan would implement that.

I think Dan has said that he wants to have some kind of visual effect for atmospheres and there is also going to be atmospheric drag (not sure how that will affect things, considering how thin the atmosphere is compared to the planet itself) in the major release coming sometime this year.

He wants to make the atmosphere "Glowy".

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
Lol, like what we saw on earth's surface in the space? yeah, it glows