Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2605499 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #2820 on: February 26, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
A sun/moon set and rise telescope

smjjames

« Reply #2821 on: February 26, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »
Thats pretty neat. The whole mountain range could be utilized for observatories and such.

The reason I asked about elevators earlier is because the eastern side of those mountains are steep, though not unclimbable.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2822 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »
make stairs and ladders :) they're a pretty cool guy

smjjames

« Reply #2823 on: February 26, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »
I was going to do that anyway, however I was wondering if it could be possible to do elevators (like the fast one that was shown earlier, althought not neccesarily that one) on our server.

smjjames

« Reply #2824 on: February 27, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »
Still waiting for Atomic to okay my building that goes slightly into his territory.

Also, when I did some exploring around the various regions, I saw lots of places (old forts and Mudkips ruined sky city for example) that seem like they would be abandoned and have some stuff in chests still there. I didn't take anything though.

And Mudkipz, you either gotta renovate or tear down that sky city, got stuck (as a result of Quons 'trolling' would be my guess) and had to commit suicide just to get down. Although I COULD have used the dirt that I had on hand, but whatever.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2825 on: February 27, 2012, 06:49:33 PM »
there is many water around. try jump into water.

or take the stairs, if they still exist.

smjjames

« Reply #2826 on: February 27, 2012, 06:52:06 PM »
there is many water around. try jump into water.

or take the stairs, if they still exist.

Neither one was accessable from the point that I got stuck. I was able to recover my stuff, so its not a huge deal, and yes in hindsight I could have used the dirt blocks, but I guess I just didn't want to mess with the structure.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2827 on: February 27, 2012, 06:52:56 PM »
ah

bring a water bucket :)

smjjames

« Reply #2828 on: February 27, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
Okay so I didn't think it through, and I didn't expect the area to be that messed up.

smjjames

« Reply #2829 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »
DAMMIT! I was investigating a cave while mining and died due to being snuck up on by a creeper and only to have my stuff still lying around be destroyed by two more creepers. I was [] this close to getting my stuff back when the creeper blew it up.

I lost:

3 iron picks
2 iron shovels
full set of iron armor
diamond sword (I made another one at spawntown)
several pieces of coal
one stack of ladders
about 14 or so torches
some bread
maybe 4 stacks of cobblestone.
a bed
a crafting table.

I grabbed the diamond armor that was in public storage and made myself new iron leggings and boots.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2830 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:16 PM »
inb4 no more diamond in the entire world of blacrafti

smjjames

« Reply #2831 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

You can have the diamond armor back, I simply grabbed it as it was available. Diamond swords are the best anyways.

Besides, the sword was the only diamond item that got nuked by the creeper.

Tecnically its impossible to run out of diamond because of the vastness of minecraft, they're just hard to obtain, which is why Bla said that the rate I was using it up in Spawntown wasn't sustainable.

Edit: Decided to just grab the stuff I needed from Spawntown (except for the cobblestone and the diamond sword which I had already made), and also smelted the blocks of iron ore there. Didn't see the 'please smelt in multiples of 8' sign until it was too late, sorry about that.

Anybody know how deep the lava lakes at the bottom of a ravine are? Just wondering as I made some obsidian as a side effect of scaring off an enderman that was being annoying.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:33:39 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2832 on: February 28, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
depends on height of ravine

smjjames

« Reply #2833 on: February 28, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »
The height of the ravine is similar to what we found, however the floor of the ravine is approx at 14 depth, might be 12 or 13. Haven't tried going down any further since the lowest level of my quarry/mine complex is 19 and it has a floor every 6 blocks, which would make the floor of that level filled with lava, not a risk I want to take.

At least one side and part of another are right in the side of the ravine (not over it though, thankfully), so I know that one area is likely unsafe to dig further down, but I have lava in various places in there and being so close to bedrock, I don't absolutely know for sure.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:29:55 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2834 on: February 28, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
the level of lava is 10.
anything at or below level 10 to bedrock is usually filled with lava.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #2835 on: February 28, 2012, 01:35:55 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '60399'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:18:31 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #2836 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38:44 PM »
the level of lava is 12.
anything at or below level 12 to bedrock is usually filled with lava.

12? I'll check the minecraft wiki for that.

Floor 19 is a good place to stop then.

Given that diamonds usually appear below level 18, it might be tempting to dig just a little further, but not now.

I've seen Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, and gold in the passageways that deep down, but haven't spotted diamond yet.

Edit: The wiki says level 10, but considering that the level of lava in the ravine appears to be 12 or 13, I'd agree with that range.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2837 on: February 28, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
dig at head level 12, it's the best place.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2838 on: February 28, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
it's 10, not 12 the lava

AT 10

smjjames

« Reply #2839 on: February 28, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »
dig at head level 12, it's the best place.

Only problem is that the lava from the ravine goes into the area where the mine is (along with some lavafalls), and the level of it is 12 or 13.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2840 on: February 28, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »
mine along another direction, or block up some of the lava with a waterbucket

smjjames

« Reply #2841 on: February 28, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
 What I was doing is making a platform level around the inside peremiter of the mining complex every 6 levels and the fact that there's at least two lava fountains right near the edge, so I have extra reason to be careful.

It'd be a good idea to map the ravines location on the surface so that I can be sure about where to mine. Not sure if I'm at one end of the ravine or in the middle, and there might be multiple in the area.

Obsidianifying the lava won't be a problem.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2842 on: February 28, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »

You can have the diamond armor back, I simply grabbed it as it was available. Diamond swords are the best anyways.

Tecnically its impossible to run out of diamond because of the vastness of minecraft, they're just hard to obtain, which is why Bla said that the rate I was using it up in Spawntown wasn't sustainable.

Edit: Decided to just grab the stuff I needed from Spawntown (except for the cobblestone and the diamond sword which I had already made), and also smelted the blocks of iron ore there. Didn't see the 'please smelt in multiples of 8' sign until it was too late, sorry about that.

Anybody know how deep the lava lakes at the bottom of a ravine are? Just wondering as I made some obsidian as a side effect of scaring off an enderman that was being annoying.

Considerably less. Assuming you mined the whole 36 sqkm of blacraft, that'd only yield about a chest of diamond blocks about

smjjames

« Reply #2843 on: February 28, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

Considerably less. Assuming you mined the whole 36 sqkm of blacraft, that'd only yield about a chest of diamond blocks about

I knew they were rare, but not that rare, and what you said could be assuming you don't lose any to lava and none of it is inaccessible.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2844 on: February 28, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
ehh, well a chest is a lot. And that's assuming you only stripmined one layer. If you carved out the entire chunk, you'd get probably twice as much diamond for 5 times as much work. Also a large chest of diamond blocks is pretty insane :P

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2845 on: February 28, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
inb4 stacks of diamond blocxs. :P

smjjames

« Reply #2846 on: February 28, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
inb4 finding a massive motherlode of diamond :)

Yes I know, it's not possible to find massive clusters of ore, but having several big clusters close together could happen.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2847 on: February 28, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
theoretically, with the right generation, one could find and endless tunnel, 2x1, of diamond. stretching on forever almost. (2 wide 1 tall)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2848 on: February 28, 2012, 04:55:55 PM »
inb4 enderman steal diamond, and (somehow) dies

smjjames

« Reply #2849 on: February 29, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
Atomic, I'm still waiting for an okay on making the building that goes slightly into your territory. It only goes in by about 5 or 6 blocks. I've already dug out the rock below the dirt up to the wall of the structure. The screenshot will give a better idea of how much it goes into your territory. Heck, I can even give you the dirt harvested if you'd like.