Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planets or moon at equatorial plane...no matter the inclination of the main body  (Read 3669 times)

DenisineD

Hello

I ahve a suggestion...i know i did i suggestion like it a while ago...but i did think about something easier...

Would it be possible, let say that i put a moon, that they would be an option to set the orbit at the equatorial plane just like rings?

Except...we could adjust then angle, the node, mean and etc... afterward. In fact...it would be easier to make more complex moons systems or binary stars systems. The equator of the main body would become the new 0....even if it have a tilt of, let say, 64 degrees...

Because right now...when we have various incline tilt bodies...it take a lot of time to put moons on a nice config...and even harder to make a realistic binary system....because i don t think both stars would have the same tilt.

Because in space...there s no true orientation....its mostly by the equator of a body that we set it no?

Chris

• Developer
That's a really good suggestion.
We want to improve the user interface for placing bodies and this falls right into that area.
Thanks!

DenisineD

Nice i m happy to help you guys  ;D

Imagine all the complex and rich systems people could make :) Planets or stars with an axial tilt of many degrees would be easier to put moons and planets around it :)

tesco

• Sauce
That'd be so awesome if this was added

DenisineD

Imagine all the time saving to adjust the moon....after one click...we could set (from 0 = equator of main body) the orbit inclination, the node, the argu of periapsis, the mean anomaly, the ecc and etc. :)

EnderCjh

Imagine all the time saving to adjust the moon....after one click...we could set (from 0 = equator of main body) the orbit inclination, the node, the argu of periapsis, the mean anomaly, the ecc and etc. :)
It would be. I spend so much time trying to get them to aline

DenisineD

It would be. I spend so much time trying to get them to aline

then after...we would just need to place the moon...as easy around a star or planet with the equatorial plane