Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PEWDIEPIE JUST PLAYED UNIVERSE SANDBOX²  (Read 4200 times)

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
PEWDIEPIE JUST PLAYED UNIVERSE SANDBOX²
« on: September 08, 2015, 08:52:46 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhYqfLAqOlU

I just had to start another thread because the other one didn't have a good enough title. oh my freaking god

I feel really happy for you, devs. I feel even happier to know i've been part of this  :'(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:25:45 AM by gabriel.dac »

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: PEWDIEPIE JUST PLAYED UNIVERSE SANDBOX²
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:50:52 AM »
By the way, I just realized that jacksepticeye (6,000,000 subscribers) played universe sandbox² in a video uploaded 2 weeks ago... watch?v=oXeql7OmhCk. That is a very significant thing... not as significant as pewdiepie playing it, of course

There is also this brazilian guy (3,000,000 subs) who played it. The video is in my language (portuguese XD) watch?v=Iu4AbMX1DF4
It's amazing how many people are playing this game
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:26:36 AM by gabriel.dac »

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »
As much I'd like to think a lot of people are going to jump into playing US2, I bet more than half of the people who watched them play are just there to, well, watch. Its like the one Youtuber I like watching, FrankieOnPCin1080p, he made an episode of ARK: Survival Evolved.

The video has like 2M views, yet the amount of people playing at any one time has never gone above 50-60k since it came out.

No doubt it will bring more people, but how much it brings in is another story. Only the devs will know if it will have any substantial effect.

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »
Oh boy it will. Even if only 5% of viewers buy the software, it will already be a lot.

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
Not to mention all the compliments. Pewds was amazed by the game. If I were Dan I'd drink an entire botte of champagne to celebrate.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 06:40:42 PM »
The whole team is pretty excited about this.

And it would seem this video put us back into the top 25 list on Steam... we're at #18 now.

And even if only 2% of 2% buy the game... that's still quite a few. :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:07:29 AM by Greenleaf »

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:28:03 PM »
What is this uplifting feeling I am experiencing in my gut that I have never experienced before

WitheHole18

• Nothing is created, nothing is destroyed.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 03:47:00 AM »
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!Prepare to will be rich  8)

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 06:12:07 AM »
As much as I'd like to congratulate US2 for already rising to PewDiePie, I'm seriously terrified of all the rabid twelvies coming the forum's way.

Cryo

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 11:05:04 AM »
As much as I'd like to congratulate US2 for already rising to PewDiePie, I'm seriously terrified of all the rabid twelvies coming the forum's way.
Then we shall dejewmicate'em(yes i spelled it wrong on purpose) in the ways of astronomy

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
Shut up guys, stop being pessimistic. You're not even that old to start with. You're pretty much kids too

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »
Shut up guys, stop being pessimistic. You're not even that old to start with. You're pretty much kids too

They can be younger and be interested in Universe Sandbox. I'm sure no one would have a problem with that. Its the immature ones that won't be fun to see. And if its any consolation, I'm 23 years old. The kid in me left a while ago.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
Do you see Everything Else? Most people who actively participate in it and its corresponding irc channel, when they joined the forum, were between 11 and 14 years old. Due to the nature of the program, nothing disastrous would happen to the forum anyways. It will continue as it always has, with occasional trolls or stupid people.