Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Share your creations!  (Read 199171 times)

Gurren Lagann TSS

Re: Share your creations!
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2018, 05:56:15 AM »
Okay guys here you go
The Giernel System

It's an octuple star system with planets, that's it

I checked the system, and it got me thinking:
HOW DID YOU GOT A STAR TO ORBIT 7 OTHER STARS ALMOST 2 LIGHT-YEARS AWAY?!

Two light years? It's only half a light year away
Also, I have no idea if it's going to orbit the 7 stars or not, it's a shot in the dark, basically

Oh, damm illusions
Its orbiting the other 7 stars BTW

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »
SUI 19255402.5-48148473.2 System

The SUI 19255402.5-48148473.2 system is a very extreme system that has 2 stars, 2 planets and a very complicated name.

SUI 19255402.5-48148473.2 A

Its the primary star in the system, a vampire star.

A vampire star is a star that absorbs matter from its companion.

SUI 19255402.5-48148473.2 B

The secondary star. It was once a big, happy star, but now its slowly being eaten by the vampire star... It will vanish a few million years from now. :'(

SUI 19255402.5-48148473.2 b

A hot Jupiter that enjoys beautiful eclipses of the 2 stars. Its also evaporating...

SUI 19255402.5-48148473.2 c

The perfect place to live in the system, despite it being very far away. It also has a unusually high albedo, and we don't know why!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:35:03 PM by Gurren Lagann TSS »

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2018, 12:24:22 PM »
It died

Timelord Tom

« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2018, 06:14:26 PM »
Only had US2 since Friday, been playing with it to learn how to do different things. Can't say that I've read all the posts here, but someone else must have tried something like this: I started with a small 1 M Sun Black Hole, set it to locked so the system wouldn't take off on me. I then lowered it's mass to 272 Jupiters and placed a 107 Jupiter star in close orbit, followed by a planetary system. Within the habitable zone, well, it's there most of the time, I placed a 1.4 Earth mass planet with a viable atmosphere and material composition to support life. Due to the effects of it's orbit around both a star and a black hole it's surface temperature varies from a high around 40 C, and a low just below 0 C as it travels from outer portion of the green habitable zone dipping into the red part of the zone at it's closest point to the black hole/star combo.

Now, I doubt very much that such a system exists, but it's a fun simulation none the less.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2018, 06:18:59 AM »
Can someone please tell me when Update 21 comes out? We are now in March 2018.

tkulogo

« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2018, 07:55:45 AM »
Yeah Tom, I don't think a system would actually exist because I don't think the universe has a way of creating a small black hole. It is possible that the last fluctuation of a pair-instability supernova could lead to a tiny black hole while the rest of the star is destroyed in the supernova, but that goes past theoretical and probably past hypothetical into imaginative. On the bright side, there’s a lot we don’t know, so anything is at least remotely possible.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2018, 04:25:42 PM »
Only had US2 since Friday, been playing with it to learn how to do different things. Can't say that I've read all the posts here, but someone else must have tried something like this: I started with a small 1 M Sun Black Hole, set it to locked so the system wouldn't take off on me. I then lowered it's mass to 272 Jupiters and placed a 107 Jupiter star in close orbit, followed by a planetary system. Within the habitable zone, well, it's there most of the time, I placed a 1.4 Earth mass planet with a viable atmosphere and material composition to support life. Due to the effects of it's orbit around both a star and a black hole it's surface temperature varies from a high around 40 C, and a low just below 0 C as it travels from outer portion of the green habitable zone dipping into the red part of the zone at it's closest point to the black hole/star combo.

Now, I doubt very much that such a system exists, but it's a fun simulation none the less.
THANK YOU, YOU REVIVED THE THREAD

Timelord Tom

« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2018, 05:44:31 AM »
Yeah Tom, I don't think a system would actually exist because I don't think the universe has a way of creating a small black hole. It is possible that the last fluctuation of a pair-instability supernova could lead to a tiny black hole while the rest of the star is destroyed in the supernova, but that goes past theoretical and probably past hypothetical into imaginative. On the bright side, there’s a lot we don’t know, so anything is at least remotely possible.

Did a bit of research on how small a black hole could be. Still only a theory, but Stephen Hawking himself came up with the idea of micro black holes. He also believes that black holes will evaporate over time due to what has become known as Hawking radiation. According to that theory the smaller the black hole the faster it will evaporate.

That still doesn't make the system I posted anything more than a fun simulation. What's really telling is that if you take that system and use the Tool: Auto-Orbit all the nice round orbits go to hell with everything heading straight for the black hole/star center. Some planets survive to be ejected from the system, or into a long trip round to come back to the center for another death defying encounter.

All that said, what we think is impossible today has often proved wrong tomorrow. Until we started discovering exoplanets we thought it would be impossible for a jovian sized planet to be in close orbit to a star. As far as strange things go I'm not going to be betting against the universe coming up with anything short of impossible, and what we now think of as impossible may prove to merely improbable, or possibly even more common place than we'd ever imagine.

tkulogo

« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2018, 08:22:10 AM »

Did a bit of research on how small a black hole could be. Still only a theory, but Stephen Hawking himself came up with the idea of micro black holes. He also believes that black holes will evaporate over time due to what has become known as Hawking radiation. According to that theory the smaller the black hole the faster it will evaporate.

That still doesn't make the system I posted anything more than a fun simulation. What's really telling is that if you take that system and use the Tool: Auto-Orbit all the nice round orbits go to hell with everything heading straight for the black hole/star center. Some planets survive to be ejected from the system, or into a long trip round to come back to the center for another death defying encounter.

All that said, what we think is impossible today has often proved wrong tomorrow. Until we started discovering exoplanets we thought it would be impossible for a jovian sized planet to be in close orbit to a star. As far as strange things go I'm not going to be betting against the universe coming up with anything short of impossible, and what we now think of as impossible may prove to merely improbable, or possibly even more common place than we'd ever imagine.

We've actually been looking for micro black holes for some time. They would evaporate through Hawking radiation faster and faster and end in an explosion that should be detectable. We haven't found them, so their existence is in question, but still possible.

Black holes that form from stellar collapse would take many times the age of the universe to evaporate down to a fraction of the suns mass, so in that way, your system is possible, just not yet.

A little imagination makes it all possible, and future discoveries will surpass our imagination anyway.

Marc B

Brown dwarf Jupiter
« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2018, 03:52:44 PM »
After messing around with the settings from another poster on this I found by upping Jupiter to over 80 ignites it and playing around with the temperature using the +- you can change the color and intensity. It even gives you a habitable zone. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:57:32 PM by Marc B »

Gurren Lagann TSS

Re: Brown dwarf Jupiter
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »
After messing around with the settings from another poster on this I found by upping Jupiter to over 80 ignites it and playing around with the temperature using the +- you can change the color and intensity. It even gives you a habitable zone. :)

I build a planetary system around your brown dwarf Jupiter. Hope that you like it!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:38:27 PM by Gurren Lagann TSS »

Marc B

« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2018, 05:22:50 AM »
Looks good! I terraformed Fira and it seems to be stable to 15 degrees Celsius with an atmospheric pressure of 2.9 atmospheres with water add as well. I tidally locked it just because I could :)
Check it out and let me know what you think.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2018, 08:31:38 AM »
Looks good! I terraformed Fira and it seems to be stable to 15 degrees Celsius with an atmospheric pressure of 2.9 atmospheres with water add as well. I tidally locked it just because I could :)
Check it out and let me know what you think.

Incredible! As a gift, I made a terraformed moon named after you! Took a while to get it to orbit and make it 10-20 degrees Celsius with water and a 1 ATM atmospheric pressure. Hope that you like it!

Marc B

« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2018, 10:06:03 AM »
Sweet! :D

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2018, 10:17:23 AM »
Sweet! :D

Lets work together on this system, and future ones!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2018, 02:23:04 PM »
I like the brown dwarf star.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »
I like the brown dwarf star.

Its a cooperation between Marc B and me.

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2018, 03:21:12 AM »
This is not a simulation, but I think this belonged here

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2018, 04:20:59 AM »
Small orbits always show polygons. Why?

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
Small orbits always show polygons. Why?

Interpolation when the simulation is running too fast.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
Weird. I should be round.

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2018, 04:23:17 AM »
WE'VE UPDATED OUR PRIVACY POLICY

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2018, 04:42:27 AM »
Antilla System

Sorry for my inactivity, I've been working on a system for the past week. This is what I've been working on, the Antilla system, a solar system with 12 planets

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2018, 12:01:39 AM »
I'm trying to take advantage of the recent hyperbolic update to make this new simulation, it's more of a story-based simulation, and I wanna know what you guys think about this.

Kameahele

The year is 2123, a large swarm of comets enters the inner solar system, with several close encounters with Earth, and some others hitting planets like Jupiter and Mars. While the bombardment is not as intense as the Late Heavy Bombardment, astronomers are sure that there is something in the outer reaches of the solar system that is responsible for this event. Upon researching, they found a bone-chilling discovery.

A massive planet, over six and a half times more massive than Jupiter and nearly 2.3 times its diameter, is found to be moving at an incredible high speed directly into the inner solar system. This marks an incredible discovery in astronomy, as it is the first known planetary-sized interstellar object to pass through the solar system, and the second known interstellar object to pass through since Oumuamua back in 2017.

The planet, dubbed "Kameahele" meaning "wanderer", appeared to be coming from the constellation Scorpius, more specifically the star V1003 Sco, at roughly 17.2 km/s. Astronomers calculated that the planet will reach periastron (closest point to the Sun) on October 21st, 2269, at a distance of 3.8 AU, and would also appear in the constellation Ursa Major as viewed from Earth. It will appear 4x brighter than Jupiter, and would be so close that it would be visible to the naked eye with no telescope required.

Upon researching Kameahele's trajectory, they found that the planet will fly past Uranus at an extremely close distance of 95.4 million km. This would strip away some of the moons of Uranus and would slow down Uranus pushing it into a closer, more eccentric orbit.

Kameahele will move away from the solar system and back into interstellar space, roughly towards the constellation Cetus.

Kameahele at a distance of 21.5 AU

Kameahele during periastron, at a distance of 3.8 AU

Due to close encounter with Kameahele, Uranus fell into a more eccentric orbit

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2018, 06:41:16 AM »
How can I create an empty .ubox file to create a planet from scratch?

LigH

« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2018, 04:05:54 AM »
I guess ... in the main menu, select the "Open" category, check the box to open all simulations in pause mode, return to the main menu (left arrow at the top), then click "New", set your preferred background, and save it.

I created a kind of "benchmark system" by putting a large star (Polaris, ≈4.5 M) with a high spin  into a quite excentric elliptical orbit of about 20d around a black hole with 1 Mio. M.

Approaching the periapsis, Polaris gets partially torn apart and emits dozens of fragments. After 20, 40, and 60 days, each close to the apoapsis, I select all fragments inside the orbit and convert them to full bodies, the escapees get deleted (would vanish after a while anyway).

So I saved each result to continue some benchmark tests regarding the simulation speed limiter. Here I noticed that a saved and reloaded simulation behaves slightly different to the original continued one. But that's not the point yet. The real surprise was that I seem to reach accuracy limits, leading to different results after the simulation continues for a while.

At higher speeds (3..6 h/s), the remains of the star (only 111 jupiter masses left) usually just burned out. But running at a slower speed (30 min/s), after one last collapse to 99 Mj, it went off into a supernova?! :o How is this possible with so little mass left? I'm not complaining about a "bug" here, I'm just curious about possible reasons. Maybe the high spin is an important factor.

Preview video on YouTube

LigH

« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2018, 04:23:44 AM »
The secondary star. It was once a big, happy star, but now its slowly being eaten by the vampire star... It will vanish a few million years from now. :'(

Is it just the camera angle or is it already ellipsoidal? ??? I'll have to test that one. 8)

No, just the camera. SpaceEngine can display tidal stars, skewed by gravity and spin.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 01:14:13 AM by LigH »

LigH

« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2018, 04:30:57 AM »
Does anyone know how to add barycenter to binary stars?

Select both (e.g. with Ctrl+LMB rect); click one in the selection at the right screen border; click "Create barycenter".

UniversePoker777

« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »
Hey guys, I also made the Solar System with the Sun as a red giant.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:34:19 AM by UniversePoker777 »

UniversePoker777

« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2018, 03:53:19 PM »
This is the earth at 1500 degrees Celsius (3000 degrees Fahrenheit) I will give more links similar to this, but for now the description is:
"1,500°C is the temperature of a furnace. Heat the Earth
to this temperature, and it will melt anything living,
then slowly begin to cool as its heat is lost into space."
It slowly cools to 1499, 1498, and stays still at 1400 or so, and cools down over thousands of years to absolute zero. Universe Sandbox has 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000, 20000, 50000, 100000, and 1000000 degree Earth, but there's a 1,500 degree version for it. There is a picture of the 1500-degree earth, and that's how it looks at the start of the simulation.  The first row below this 1500 degree earth photo shows the image upload link, and the second row shows the simulation download link.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 04:13:49 PM by UniversePoker777 »