Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Share your creations!  (Read 199146 times)

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
Re: Share your creations!
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2017, 09:02:20 AM »
C++ is the best programming language

tkulogo

Re: Share Your Creations! [merged from temporary thread]
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2017, 07:56:39 AM »
If I screw up this thread too, maybe we’ll at least learn something. I’ll zip the .PNG this time. So, let's try this again… 

I've been working on a Firefly system. It's almost done. I included a couple documents that explain what I did and why, and a diagram of the system to help visualize its structure. I still plan to add documentation to the diagram to explain it all, and the system itself is running in Universe Sandbox² to verify a certain level of stability, but if I wait until it’s all complete, I’ll never post anything. This should be really cool to Firefly fans, and to everyone else… well, tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:06:36 AM by Jar »

Nomad14

Re: Share Your Creations! [merged from temporary thread]
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2017, 08:59:17 AM »
Planet with climate and cities. This planet called Terra is a planet colder than Earth but is highly similar. It has climate and cities because I modified the files. Yes I gave Climate to a random planet. LET THERE BE LIFE

the file goes into documents, universesandbox2, bodies and there you go, in your user objects will be terra
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:21:25 PM by Nomad14 »

felipe

« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2017, 11:28:34 AM »
how did you add the polar ice caps and cities?

felipe

« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2017, 11:28:57 AM »
nvm

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2017, 12:10:30 AM »
Karlentrix System

This is the Karlentrix System, a 430 million year old system which comprised of a hot, B-type star orbited by 12 planets, a total of 83 moons, and 6 comets. Two of these planets are habitable, one is a water-world (Which rotates clockwise, and has two moons, one orbits clockwise and one orbits counterclockwise), and the other is an earth-like planet with forests, vegetation, and a diverse ecosystem.

(I'm currently too lazy to make a detailed description of this system)

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2017, 03:39:32 AM »
Karlentrix System

This is the Karlentrix System, a 430 million year old system which comprised of a hot, B-type star orbited by 12 planets, a total of 83 moons, and 6 comets. Two of these planets are habitable, one is a water-world (Which rotates clockwise, and has two moons, one orbits clockwise and one orbits counterclockwise), and the other is an earth-like planet with forests, vegetation, and a diverse ecosystem.

(I'm currently too lazy to make a detailed description of this system)

Um...any explanation on why the planets orbit in different directions? That is definitely not normal. They've actually made a big deal of a dwarf planet doing that here in our solar system because it's so bizarre, so...

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2017, 05:16:03 AM »
What do you mean? the planets all orbit in the same direction

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2017, 10:03:13 AM »
Are you talking about the moons of Howlakka?

Let me explain, Howlakka (The water-world planet I mentioned in the post) rotates in the opposite direction, much like Venus. Howlakka's inner moon, Arson, formed alongside Howlakka, and orbits in the same direction as Howlakka's spin. The outer moon, Entraver, is a captured moon, and orbits counterclockwise. So technically, Entraver is orbiting Howlakka just like any other moon in the system, but from Howlakka's point of view, it's doing a retrograde motion, a phenomenon known as "Apparent retrograde motion"

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2017, 01:54:30 PM »
Are you talking about the moons of Howlakka?

Let me explain, Howlakka (The water-world planet I mentioned in the post) rotates in the opposite direction, much like Venus. Howlakka's inner moon, Arson, formed alongside Howlakka, and orbits in the same direction as Howlakka's spin. The outer moon, Entraver, is a captured moon, and orbits counterclockwise. So technically, Entraver is orbiting Howlakka just like any other moon in the system, but from Howlakka's point of view, it's doing a retrograde motion, a phenomenon known as "Apparent retrograde motion"

Oh, okay, so its captured, like Triton, that makes sense.

Menderman

« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
Strion P7H0

Inner System

Outer System

Here's my first contribution to this thread. This is the Strion P7H0 system, discovered in 2086 on one of the human race's many teraformed outposts in the galaxy. Located in the Strion nebula, this system boasts 14 planets (12 not counting Heblorix and Meuzuno, the dwarf planets). 7 rocky panets, 3 gas giants, 3 ice giants, and 1 Venusian planet.

Strion P7H0
The star holding the entire system together. It is 1.37 solar masses 4.43 luminosity (I would change it, but when I do, Strion P7H0 just shrinks into and disappears). Not much to say, really.

Jusceycury
The first planet of the Strion P7H0 system. Due to its close proximity to Strion P7H0, it is tidally locked, one face looking at Strion P7H0 all the time. It is also the smallest planet in the Strion P7H0 system, smaller than the dwarf planets. There is currently a debate on whether or not Jusceycury should be a planet, along with its 2 other neighbors, Saspoazuno and Wablum, due to how close to each other their orbits are. On the surface, there is a currently unknown material, giving off a blue color. The higher in latitude, the lighter it gets. No current explanation for this has been made yet. There is a theory that suggests Jusceycury, Saspoazuno, and Wablum are moons that were sent flying towards the inner system and somehow made stable orbits.

Saspoazuno
The second planet of the Strion P7H0 system, and it is also tidally locked. Its surface is a sickly green, with mostly flat terrain. Any terrain that isn't mostly flat are extreme mountains and canyons. As stated in the description of Jusceycury, it is being disputed whether or not Saspoazuno is actually a planet or not.

Wablum
The third planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is more massive than than Jusceycury and Saspoazuno combined. It is also tidally locked, and the last tidally locked planet. Its surface is orange and white with battle scars from earlier days, possibly when the gas giants of the system were moving around. As stated in the description of Jusceycury, it is being disputed whether or not Wablum is actually a planet or not.

Adgrade
The fourth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. Its smaller than Wablum, and its surface is very plain in color. However, what it lacks in color, it has in terrain. Vast mountain ranges scale the surface of Adgrade, and when there's no mountains there are craters or canyons. Adgrade's core is only 8.83% of its mass, with the other 91.2% made out of solid silicate. Whatever this planet has experienced in the past, it wasn't pretty. Adgrade has one tiny moon, possibly formed by a collision, as it orbits by Adgrade's axis. It orbits Adgrade in 2.15 days.

Luenus
The fifth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. Its surface is also covered in a similar material to what is on Jueceycury's surface. It is a little bit more massive than the Earth, at 1.06 Earth masses. It has two asteroid moons orbiting in irregular orbits, suggesting they were either captured or fragments of a collision.

Chaamia
The sixth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a planet very similiar to Venus, as it has a thick atmosphere made up of carbon dioxide. It is a little bit in the habitable zone (going by the luminosity Strion P7H0 is SUPPOSED to be, 4.43), suggesting it was, like Venus, habitable. It was most likely shoved in by the nearest gas giant, Thuzavis, mirgrating in. Because of rising tempatures from being pushed in, all water on Chaamia's surface evaporated. It has one small moon that orbits in a very quick 1.10 days.

Thuzavis
The first gas giant and seventh planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is 0.625 times the mass of Jupiter, or 199 times more massive than Earth. Due to the biggest gas giant, Qaothea, Thuzavis migrated inwards with Frade, another gas giant. Thuzavis's gravity possibly threw Chaamia, the Venusian planet, more inwards. When migrating, Thuzavis most likely lost a majority of its regular moons, some theorizing that the 3 most inner planets are in-fact moons that escaped from either Thuzavis or Frade.

Frade
The eighth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a gas giant with the mass 0.507 times Jupiter's mass, or 161 times more massive than Earth. Frade only has 1  regular moon, the others being round moons that were most likely captured or just asteroids. Frade marks the start of the asteroid belt of this system.

Vapliyruta
The ninth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a ice giant (a smaller gas giant with more water) with a mass of 0.0396 times Jupiter's mass, or 12.6 times more massive than Earth. Vapliyruta marks the end of the asteroid belt. It has 4 regular moons and some captured asteroids (not simulated).

Qaothea
The tenth and biggest planet in the Strion P7H0 system. It is a gas giant 5.28 times more massvive than Jupiter. It is so big, Strion P7H0 orbits this giant. Early in the system's lifetime, Qoathea was responsible for many a planet's orbits shifting, sending some gas giants inward or outward, causing choas through the whole system. Qaothea has 7 moons 1 one shepard moon. It has rings mae out of silicite. Qaothea's natural color is similiar to that of Saturn, however, due to Strion P7H0's blue color, it is blue to the human eye.

Cascaynov
The eleventh planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a ice giant with a mass 0.0264 times that of Jupiter, or 8.38 times more massive than Earth. It currently has 3 moons, however, in the past, Cascaynov has had a reputation for unstable moons orbits, and it is not guaranteed it's current moons will survive. Cascaynov's own orbit is highly elliptical, most likely because it is the closest to Qaothea.

Heblorix
The twelfth planet and first dwarf planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is so far away from Strion P7H0 that any surface features, to the human eye, are black. Heblorix has no moons, however, it might be an escaped moon itself.

Ostrilla
The thirteenth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a gas giant with a mass 0.0182 times that of Jupiter, or 5.79 times more massive than Earth. Ostrilla was most likely formed closer in, but Qaothea most likely threw it far out, along with the asteroids of the second asteroid belt, as it marks the start. It has 3 moons, and probably had more before then. Now, Ostrilla barely gets any light from it's parent star.

Meuzuno
The last planet and 2nd dwarf planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is located near the end of the second asteroid belt, taking 334 years just to orbit Strion P7H0. It has 1 small moon and 1 asteroid moon. It could of possibly been a moon itself at one point, being sent flying towards the outer reaches of the Strion P7H0 system, where it is almost impossible to see it's surface features.

Thanks for bothering to read all that. This system was first generated in Stargen, edited a bit, and had moons and asteroid belts added. Suggestions will be welcome as this is my first public system.

Gann123

• Hello Peeps What are you doing?
    • Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2017, 07:25:07 PM »

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »
Okay I'll stop now this is just so cool! :) :) :)

Austritistanian

• Amateur shitposter
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »
Strion P7H0

Inner System

Outer System

Here's my first contribution to this thread. This is the Strion P7H0 system, discovered in 2086 on one of the human race's many teraformed outposts in the galaxy. Located in the Strion nebula, this system boasts 14 planets (12 not counting Heblorix and Meuzuno, the dwarf planets). 7 rocky panets, 3 gas giants, 3 ice giants, and 1 Venusian planet.

Strion P7H0
The star holding the entire system together. It is 1.37 solar masses 4.43 luminosity (I would change it, but when I do, Strion P7H0 just shrinks into and disappears). Not much to say, really.

Jusceycury
The first planet of the Strion P7H0 system. Due to its close proximity to Strion P7H0, it is tidally locked, one face looking at Strion P7H0 all the time. It is also the smallest planet in the Strion P7H0 system, smaller than the dwarf planets. There is currently a debate on whether or not Jusceycury should be a planet, along with its 2 other neighbors, Saspoazuno and Wablum, due to how close to each other their orbits are. On the surface, there is a currently unknown material, giving off a blue color. The higher in latitude, the lighter it gets. No current explanation for this has been made yet. There is a theory that suggests Jusceycury, Saspoazuno, and Wablum are moons that were sent flying towards the inner system and somehow made stable orbits.

Saspoazuno
The second planet of the Strion P7H0 system, and it is also tidally locked. Its surface is a sickly green, with mostly flat terrain. Any terrain that isn't mostly flat are extreme mountains and canyons. As stated in the description of Jusceycury, it is being disputed whether or not Saspoazuno is actually a planet or not.

Wablum
The third planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is more massive than than Jusceycury and Saspoazuno combined. It is also tidally locked, and the last tidally locked planet. Its surface is orange and white with battle scars from earlier days, possibly when the gas giants of the system were moving around. As stated in the description of Jusceycury, it is being disputed whether or not Wablum is actually a planet or not.

Adgrade
The fourth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. Its smaller than Wablum, and its surface is very plain in color. However, what it lacks in color, it has in terrain. Vast mountain ranges scale the surface of Adgrade, and when there's no mountains there are craters or canyons. Adgrade's core is only 8.83% of its mass, with the other 91.2% made out of solid silicate. Whatever this planet has experienced in the past, it wasn't pretty. Adgrade has one tiny moon, possibly formed by a collision, as it orbits by Adgrade's axis. It orbits Adgrade in 2.15 days.

Luenus
The fifth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. Its surface is also covered in a similar material to what is on Jueceycury's surface. It is a little bit more massive than the Earth, at 1.06 Earth masses. It has two asteroid moons orbiting in irregular orbits, suggesting they were either captured or fragments of a collision.

Chaamia
The sixth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a planet very similiar to Venus, as it has a thick atmosphere made up of carbon dioxide. It is a little bit in the habitable zone (going by the luminosity Strion P7H0 is SUPPOSED to be, 4.43), suggesting it was, like Venus, habitable. It was most likely shoved in by the nearest gas giant, Thuzavis, mirgrating in. Because of rising tempatures from being pushed in, all water on Chaamia's surface evaporated. It has one small moon that orbits in a very quick 1.10 days.

Thuzavis
The first gas giant and seventh planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is 0.625 times the mass of Jupiter, or 199 times more massive than Earth. Due to the biggest gas giant, Qaothea, Thuzavis migrated inwards with Frade, another gas giant. Thuzavis's gravity possibly threw Chaamia, the Venusian planet, more inwards. When migrating, Thuzavis most likely lost a majority of its regular moons, some theorizing that the 3 most inner planets are in-fact moons that escaped from either Thuzavis or Frade.

Frade
The eighth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a gas giant with the mass 0.507 times Jupiter's mass, or 161 times more massive than Earth. Frade only has 1  regular moon, the others being round moons that were most likely captured or just asteroids. Frade marks the start of the asteroid belt of this system.

Vapliyruta
The ninth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a ice giant (a smaller gas giant with more water) with a mass of 0.0396 times Jupiter's mass, or 12.6 times more massive than Earth. Vapliyruta marks the end of the asteroid belt. It has 4 regular moons and some captured asteroids (not simulated).

Qaothea
The tenth and biggest planet in the Strion P7H0 system. It is a gas giant 5.28 times more massvive than Jupiter. It is so big, Strion P7H0 orbits this giant. Early in the system's lifetime, Qoathea was responsible for many a planet's orbits shifting, sending some gas giants inward or outward, causing choas through the whole system. Qaothea has 7 moons 1 one shepard moon. It has rings mae out of silicite. Qaothea's natural color is similiar to that of Saturn, however, due to Strion P7H0's blue color, it is blue to the human eye.

Cascaynov
The eleventh planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a ice giant with a mass 0.0264 times that of Jupiter, or 8.38 times more massive than Earth. It currently has 3 moons, however, in the past, Cascaynov has had a reputation for unstable moons orbits, and it is not guaranteed it's current moons will survive. Cascaynov's own orbit is highly elliptical, most likely because it is the closest to Qaothea.

Heblorix
The twelfth planet and first dwarf planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is so far away from Strion P7H0 that any surface features, to the human eye, are black. Heblorix has no moons, however, it might be an escaped moon itself.

Ostrilla
The thirteenth planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is a gas giant with a mass 0.0182 times that of Jupiter, or 5.79 times more massive than Earth. Ostrilla was most likely formed closer in, but Qaothea most likely threw it far out, along with the asteroids of the second asteroid belt, as it marks the start. It has 3 moons, and probably had more before then. Now, Ostrilla barely gets any light from it's parent star.

Meuzuno
The last planet and 2nd dwarf planet of the Strion P7H0 system. It is located near the end of the second asteroid belt, taking 334 years just to orbit Strion P7H0. It has 1 small moon and 1 asteroid moon. It could of possibly been a moon itself at one point, being sent flying towards the outer reaches of the Strion P7H0 system, where it is almost impossible to see it's surface features.

Thanks for bothering to read all that. This system was first generated in Stargen, edited a bit, and had moons and asteroid belts added. Suggestions will be welcome as this is my first public system.

That's pretty neat
By the way, welcome to this forum

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2017, 11:57:19 AM »

pka7

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2017, 12:02:53 PM »
I'm working on another System, this time it is not fictional, it will be a real exoplanet system.

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »
Like these systems.  :)
Alpha Centauri Bc and Proxima Centauri B have life, but Proxima Centauri B only has life in the shadows because it is tidally locked.

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2017, 01:04:43 PM »
Some more exoplanet systems :)

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2017, 01:07:26 PM »
Here :)

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2017, 03:52:38 PM »
Kepler 22b, the first planet discovered in the habitable zone. :)

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »
This thread is dying, no one is looking at my posts! :'(

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2017, 03:56:30 PM »
Updated TYC 9486-927-1 :)

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »
The HD 100546 system, it houses HD 100546 b, the biggest exoplanet ever discovered. It is weirdly farther from the sun than HD 100546 c. Names can be misleading.

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2017, 04:18:58 PM »
These are the farthest Planet Systems discovered, 27,710 light years away. It's not even in our Galaxy. It's in the Andromada Galaxy. I thought it was impossible to discover a planet in anotehr galaxy but its true.
An analysis of the lightcurve of the microlensing event PA-99-N2 suggests the presence of a planet orbiting a star in the Andromeda Galaxy (2.54 ± 0.11 Mly).
Woah! And it was discovered in 2006! More Woah!
This is so woah!
You should research it yourself. Search up SWEEPS-11 or SWEEPS-4. Literally right now. No wait, download these first and look in Universe Sandbox!
The star names are so longgggggg. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gann123

• Ilovemyawesomeblog
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2017, 04:23:18 PM »
I realised they were both the same so here is the other one. :)

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2017, 06:05:19 PM »
These are the farthest Planet Systems discovered, 27,710 light years away. It's not even in our Galaxy. It's in the Andromada Galaxy. I thought it was impossible to discover a planet in anotehr galaxy but its true.
An analysis of the lightcurve of the microlensing event PA-99-N2 suggests the presence of a planet orbiting a star in the Andromeda Galaxy (2.54 ± 0.11 Mly).
Woah! And it was discovered in 2006! More Woah!
This is so woah!
You should research it yourself. Search up SWEEPS-11 or SWEEPS-4. Literally right now. No wait, download these first and look in Universe Sandbox!
The star names are so longgggggg. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If it's in the Andromeda Galaxy, its not 27,000 light years away.
It's 2 MILLION light years away.

Okay, so I just researched it and nowhere does it say its in the Andromeda Galaxy. Pretty much everything else you said was correct but it's not in the Andromeda Galaxy. Not even close.

SyzygyΣE

• | Take Me Higher |
    • Steam
« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »
This thread is dying, no one is looking at my posts! :'(
Universe Sandbox's community is not small, but it's not big by any means either. A lack of downloads on the systems you make is not surprising. It would be helpful if you could attach a description of each system or an image to promote interest.