Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [FEEDBACK] Small Object collisions  (Read 2619 times)

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
[FEEDBACK] Small Object collisions
« on: August 24, 2014, 12:15:26 AM »
So I placed down a monolith and added a few rings to it. After time wore on a few particles started crashing into the Monolith. Oddly enough the explosions were enormous. In this picture I am standing 530 km from the monolith and this is the result of 1 particle collision:

If that wasn’t enough, zooming in too far causes giant flickerings filling the whole screen, giving the camera strange filters of red, orange, yellow, and a pale green, which was terrifying for my eyes. When I’ve just stayed the night and not wearing my glasses, this isn’t the experience I want to greet me into my day.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:45:57 PM by C7 »

nosirrbro

• UUNNIIVVEERRSSEE SSAANNDDBBOOXX
I don't think that Giant Army is focusing on small objects, so its expected to be buggy.

I assume that it is treating the monolith like any other planet, and that explosion rendering is normal sized for something like earth.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:31:14 PM by nosirrbro »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Please be careful about making declarative statements about what we (GA = Giant Army, creators of Universe Sandbox) are doing.

Instead, say: "I don't think that Giant Army is focusing on small objects..." instead of "GA isn't focusing on small objects"

(And please write out GA, as 90% of forum users have no idea what GA is)

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Please be careful about making declarative statements about what we (GA = Giant Army, creators of Universe Sandbox) are doing.

Instead, say: "I don't think that Giant Army is focusing on small objects..." instead of "GA isn't focusing on small objects"

I'd rather call you the US development team. for our purposes here in this forum, that's good enough

nosirrbro

• UUNNIIVVEERRSSEE SSAANNDDBBOOXX

I was going to quote a dev where they said almost the same thing, but I couldn't find the post.