Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2624129 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #3630 on: April 22, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '66887'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:01:50 AM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

« Reply #3631 on: April 22, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '66888'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:01:47 AM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

« Reply #3632 on: April 22, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '66889'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:01:45 AM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3633 on: April 22, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »
>to rival spawntown's in size

see you in 2018, Fiah :)

FiahOwl

« Reply #3634 on: April 22, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '66891'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:01:42 AM by FiahOwl »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #3635 on: April 22, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »
Shure bla.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3636 on: April 22, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »
Cool story FihaOwl

FihaOwl

• [s]I have a crush on darvince[/s]
« Reply #3637 on: April 22, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »

matty406

« Reply #3638 on: April 22, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
Had an idea: the path that goes behind the lavafall can be a terminal, but we'll probably need to co-ordinate to get it lined up.

smjjames

« Reply #3639 on: April 22, 2012, 02:44:09 PM »
Hey suddenly I just got this idea, how about it.
I would make a double layer of tracks all the way until the rails split to Quontia/Plaidania, so there are also lines leading directly to Plaidania.

People like the idea?

(And if Matty doesn't want a station, I can just cut off the segment between Zuntriia and Matolony)

Yea, except the Plaidania route is kind of set up as a one way route, So you'd either have to switch that setup to the Quontia station or create a whole new set of tracks.

smjjames

« Reply #3640 on: April 22, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
The Bigger Dig - Massive 8 block wide tunnels connecting all of Aeridani. (4% Complete)
The Revolution Line - A massive subway system interconnected with The Bigger Dig. (1% Complete)
The Bunker System - Utilizing the abandoned mineshaft system under Aeridani, turning it into a massive WMD/Pandemic bunker. (5% Complete)
Blapis Airport -  A massive airport consisting of no planes until planes are added, or Bla adds Flan's mods. (0% Complete)
Mainland Superhighway - A massive four block wide above ground superhighway connecting Aeridani (45% Complete)
Central Station (Nicknamed the Marylan Station) - A huge station, to rival spawntown's in size. (12% Complete)

Revolt City
- 10 Skyscrapers (15%)
- Suburbian houses (0%)

Geogaport
- Revolutea-Ohaiaho Bridge (0%)
- More roads (0%)
- Five large buildings on the south end (40%)
- Bigger port (41%)

Updated list of things-to-do.

Good luck with being overambitious.

FihaOwl

• [s]I have a crush on darvince[/s]
« Reply #3641 on: April 22, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »

Hey, I finished a bunch of things on that list!

smjjames

« Reply #3642 on: April 22, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

Hey, I finished a bunch of things on that list!

I'm mainly teasing you about it. :)

Looks like you're inspired by Boston and the Big Dig.

Also, a tip if you don't know already, use Mineconics, saves a hell of a lot of trouble with figuring out arches and stuff.

I've been on a server with Flans mods (it uses those 'runes' to do things), so I know what you're talking about, but Bla is unlikely to use it.

Also, where are you planning on putting the airport? Everybody is going to want to create one for their own region, so....

Edit: Alternatively, we could place an international hub on the block of land just south and right smack in between Kaeshar and Revoluta, it'd be a combined airport.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:11:11 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3643 on: April 22, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
:P , i kind of doubt planes will need a shitload of space to land. maybe 10 blocks at most. Liek boats that you can stop instantaneously and minecarts. Idk, it seems more minecrafty that way.

smjjames

« Reply #3644 on: April 22, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
It'd still be neat to have a good sized landing strip though, especially if you're descending from a great height.

FiahOwl

« Reply #3645 on: April 22, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '66911'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:01:39 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3646 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »
:P , i kind of doubt planes will need a shitload of space to land. maybe 10 blocks at most. Liek boats that you can stop instantaneously and minecarts. Idk, it seems more minecrafty that way.

Flans planes took around 20-30 blocks to stop, and even more to take off.

An airstrip length of 100 blocks seems reasonable. I don't know if (I forget his name, the guy whos working on it) took inspiration from Flans planes or not, but considering those are based on real life planes (I think? Are they?), it would make sense.

Also, boats don't instantaneously stop unless they hit something solid. If you're going slow, then yes it'll stop quickly, but if you're going fast, it'll take some seconds.

I'm trying to see how many meters landing strips for small planes (propeller planes, not jets, I don't think the planes in MC will be going THAT fast), but 100 blocks minimum seems reasonable.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, 1,000 blocks is 1,000 meters, right? Just asking.

matty406

« Reply #3647 on: April 22, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »
Planes would be an awesome and fast way to travel. Plus we'll all be able to add more functioning infrastructure to our regions.

smjjames

« Reply #3648 on: April 22, 2012, 08:24:36 PM »
Anyways, I looked at wikipedia and atm, what I find is that the runways can be as small as 245 m for general aviation airports. So, I guess 200-300 m? We won't really know until we can find out more about the physics of the airplanes.

It'd be awesome if the planes can carry multiple passengers, but I doubt it, not without a mod like Flans anyway.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3649 on: April 22, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
Yea, except the Plaidania route is kind of set up as a one way route, So you'd either have to switch that setup to the Quontia station or create a whole new set of tracks.
Yes, I was also planning that (laying double tracks to Plaidania).

smjjames

« Reply #3650 on: April 23, 2012, 08:30:08 AM »
A few ideas I have that I want to build as improvements to Oasis City.

Lighthouse That triangular penninsula is a perfect spot for one. Just not quite sure what the dimensions are that I'd want.

Harbor I'd always planned on putting a harbor in eventually.

Mos Espa Oasis City Cantina Whats a harbor without a tavern/cantina. :)

The Great Library of Oasis City Inspired by the Great Library of Alexandria, basically a huge library with some opulent archetecture.

And Fiah, no I'm not trying to play a contest against you, we'll do our respective regions in our own styles. :)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3651 on: April 23, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »
nids more explosions

smjjames

« Reply #3652 on: April 23, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »
You're the one who likes to explode stuff Kipz. Maybe go recreate the Panama Canal using explosives? lol.

Anyways, I have an idea for some mechanics with the lighthouse, but I'm not sure if it would work. My idea hinges on whether or not you can use pistons to move blocks multiple block distances at once. I know they can move up to 12 blocks at once, but one piston only shifts all of them one block. What I want to know, is whether pistons can move a block say, 4 blocks distance in some sort of combination with other pistons.

My idea is to use pistons in a loop to move blocks to block the light source (most likely going to be lava, but maybe netherstone or glowstone). However, a much more elegant (and feaseable) solution could be to use redstone lamps and connect them into a loop to achieve the same lighthouse effect.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #3653 on: April 23, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »
4 blocks distance

Air block distance or solid, and if solid, move all of them or one or how many? Also, can you draw a diagram?

Edit: I am not sure, but I do not think you can move lava with piston. You could try in SP.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3654 on: April 23, 2012, 02:37:05 PM »
You're the one who likes to explode stuff Kipz. Maybe go recreate the Panama Canal using explosives? lol.

Anyways, I have an idea for some mechanics with the lighthouse, but I'm not sure if it would work. My idea hinges on whether or not you can use pistons to move blocks multiple block distances at once. I know they can move up to 12 blocks at once, but one piston only shifts all of them one block. What I want to know, is whether pistons can move a block say, 4 blocks distance in some sort of combination with other pistons.

My idea is to use pistons in a loop to move blocks to block the light source (most likely going to be lava, but maybe netherstone or glowstone). However, a much more elegant (and feaseable) solution could be to use redstone lamps and connect them into a loop to achieve the same lighthouse effect.

hehe, i was going to do that on a desert biome isthmus north east of vatallus until the chunk was deleted for 1.2.4

anyway, you can make a piston extend and retract multiple blocks with relatively simple redstone circuitry. It's definitely possible horizontally and most probably vertically too.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #3655 on: April 23, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »
YUSH! Bla, can you start fixin borders now?

btw, I voted yes.

smjjames

« Reply #3656 on: April 23, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
4 blocks distance

Air block distance or solid, and if solid, move all of them or one or how many? Also, can you draw a diagram?

Edit: I am not sure, but I do not think you can move lava with piston. You could try in SP.

I mean a block in general measurement. I'm not talking about moving lava, I'm talking about moving solid blocks. I'll draw a diagram.

hehe, i was going to do that on a desert biome isthmus north east of vatallus until the chunk was deleted for 1.2.4

anyway, you can make a piston extend and retract multiple blocks with relatively simple redstone circuitry. It's definitely possible horizontally and most probably vertically too.

I know they can move multiple blocks at a time. The diagram will probably explain better.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3657 on: April 23, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »
no, i mean a series of pistons can extend and retract more than 1 meter, i'm pretty sure i know what you mean.

smjjames

« Reply #3658 on: April 23, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »
Heres a crude diagram of what I'm trying to ask. The yellow box is the light source, the green block is whatever I use to block the light. What I'm trying to ask. is it possible to move four blocks a total distance of four blocks (or meters, maybe me calling the distance blocks instead of meters is what confused you) rather than one block distance.

no, i mean a series of pistons can extend and retract more than 1 meter, i'm pretty sure i know what you mean.

Bong still seemed confused anyway, but in any case, the diagram will help.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #3659 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
OK, I understand it now, but it looks pretty hard. Multiple pistons (sticky I think), with other blocks and lots of RS circut. Also, I think you would have pistons pushing pistons, and a lot of repeaters. This confusing.