Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2623880 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #2760 on: February 23, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
Smjjames, Atomic is an autarky, so I think he'd appreciate if you avoid interfering with his chests. If possible, move the items you put in his chests away into some chests outside his territories. :)

As for lag, Idk. Sometimes it's more laggy than at other times. It will probably get better again later.

smjjames

« Reply #2761 on: February 23, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »
I was just putting the dirt that I dug up in his territory into one of his chests, but if he wants me to put it elsewhere, I'll do that.

TBH though, I wasn't really sure what I was suppoused to do with it since it came from atomics territory and I wasn't sure where you guys stood on that kind of thing. I looked out of curiosity (didn't take anything) and since it had some dirt in it, it just made sense to me I guess.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2762 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »
I guess it's ok then. But only Atomic knows...

smjjames

« Reply #2763 on: February 23, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »
How do I get to the monster farm in Spawntown? I know its the Monster Factory, but a sign in there said go to mining center for pickup, but where in the mining center?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2764 on: February 23, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »
The Mining Central is the square building with the lava flowing down through the center. It's near the forge and the sleeping center.

Blacraft - Spawntown Monster Factory

smjjames

« Reply #2765 on: February 23, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »
I know where the mining center is, I just didn't know where I was suppoused to go from there. Thanks for the video though.

Edit: Hrm, is the machine suppoused to be on 24/7? Because its not on, or its broken. In any case, I'll see if I can figure it out, maybe a redstone torch is missing somewhere.

Edit2: Looking at the video and in the game, one of the repeaters seems to be dead, tried removing and replacing it, didn't help. I'll stop messing with it, don't even know the circuit.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:46:30 PM by smjjames »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2766 on: February 23, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
I don't mind if the dirt goes to the Blaist state whatever it's called now. I don't particularly need it nor want it.

So yeah, I'd prefer to keep only the stuff I get myself.

smjjames

« Reply #2767 on: February 23, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »
Okay, I was just leaving Aukipsan to grab some cobblestone and more tools, so I'll grab the dirt and the sand I left in there. I think you had one or two full stacks of dirt in there previously.

Edit: I did need to set up a small chest for temporary storage so I could cram all of the dirt into inventory. That won't be there for very long. Might use it to shuttle some cobble if I get alot of it.

Also, nm, found the button for the monster factory....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:33:57 PM by smjjames »

smjjames

« Reply #2768 on: February 23, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
Question, could a dungeon or something cause lag when you get near it? Because theres one particular spot in my territory that I get lots of lag, and lots of mob noises at the same time. I've also seen an enderman walking around on the surface a few times, but given that they teleport, it might not mean anything.

I'm hearing zombies and at least one or two other distinct sounds that zombies don't usually make.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2769 on: February 23, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »
There are no endermen dungeons

smjjames

« Reply #2770 on: February 23, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
There are no endermen dungeons

I realize that, it's just that I've seen them a few times, but as I said, it doesn't neccesarily mean anything since they'll teleport to a dry area when it rains.

Edit: Well, I've found SOMETHING all right. Investigation currently in progress.

I looked at F3 and the usage graph is spiking like crazy, also the coords are -741, 1184

Edit2: Hmm, abandoned mineshaft, now this is getting interesting, still don't know whats causing the lag to spike.

Edit3: It dead ends, but it breaks into a deep cave, or a shallow ravine, not sure.

Edit4: I think I may have found the lag problem, there is a big lava lake below. I stashed all of my stuff and went on a suicide run in there, so at least there isn't anything lost in there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:26:42 PM by smjjames »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2771 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »
Oh kol, I thought it would be a sextuple dungeon.

smjjames

« Reply #2772 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »
I made some edits to my post though.

Anyways, should I make a map for the underground or no? I've explored a good deal of it and it seems to be a cave with some magma and I spotted a water lake on my suicide run. Its not a huge cave by any means, but it is pretty deep.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2773 on: February 23, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
you can't map underground i don't think

smjjames

« Reply #2774 on: February 23, 2012, 06:34:45 PM »
Okay then. Still, there is more to explore in there, I've explored the upper levels, but the lower ones require digging to get at easily.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2775 on: February 23, 2012, 11:11:40 PM »
You can, but I don't map underground with Cartograph because I think it's more exciting to find and explore the caves instead of just looking them up on a map.

The game maps can't map caves.

But you're welcome to draw a map of caves you find in Paint for example. :P

smjjames

« Reply #2776 on: February 23, 2012, 11:54:08 PM »
Oh.

I wanted to use the map so I could see the layout of that cave and find my way around better. Although it kind of seems to be more of a vertical cave, it doesn't spread out too far.

The origional Cartograph apparently no longer works and Cartograph G sounds like it doesn't work for 1.1 just yet.

I suppouse I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. :)

Should have noted the depth when I did that suicide run though...

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2777 on: February 24, 2012, 05:07:30 AM »
I use Cartograph G (that's what I make the world and isometric maps with), but I refuse to make them of caves (for the reason in my last post). It can map them though.

smjjames

« Reply #2778 on: February 24, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
I'll check out Cartograph G then.

My main reason for it is so that I can find my way around easier, or at least help.

Edit: Erm, no idea how to do it when the map isn't actually my own and I'm playing on a multiplayer server.....

Edit2: Q: Can I map multiplayer maps?
A: Yes, but only if you're the server; select "custom" as map and copy the name of the directory to the textfield.

Apparently not, so much for using it, and I don't know how to map a specific small area only anyway.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:35:05 AM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2779 on: February 24, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »
Smjjames, you need the world files to map it, which only I have. And I don't map caves because it will take away the interesting part of finding and exploring them.

smjjames

« Reply #2780 on: February 24, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
Smjjames, you need the world files to map it, which only I have. And I don't map caves because it will take away the interesting part of finding and exploring them.

I didn't know whether it would take the map from the server itself and I know you said you won't map caves.

It seems like a pretty constricted cave system (unlike the one I discovered east of Revoluta), so I'm planning on making a shaft some squares away. Its also pretty rich in ores (iron and coal so far), so I want to make it into a mine/quarry after I've fully lit and explored the place.

Also, it extends a little way into Aukipsan-Solea, so the cave is basically smack on the border.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2781 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »
You can

No i meant with the in game map tool. Hey it'd be cool if the in game mapping thing mapped underground wherer you looked at. (anything in your line of sight)

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2782 on: February 24, 2012, 12:58:04 PM »
Aukipsan != Auspikitan

smjjames

« Reply #2783 on: February 24, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
You can

No i meant with the in game map tool. Hey it'd be cool if the in game mapping thing mapped underground wherer you looked at. (anything in your line of sight)

Maybe I can give it a try. I'll construct it underground just to be sure. However, if it doesn't..... well, I don't think I'll toss the map.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2784 on: February 24, 2012, 01:24:29 PM »
Smjjames, the map won't map the underground if you craft it underground. It will only map the surface.

smjjames

« Reply #2785 on: February 24, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
Allright then.

This cave goes all the way to the bottom and is definetly rich in ore and I've seen at least one lava fountain and what might be a lava lake.

Can I borrow some glowstone blocks?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:18:31 PM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2786 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »
What are the glowstone blocks for?

smjjames

« Reply #2787 on: February 24, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »
To light up large rooms at once for the caves.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2788 on: February 24, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
You should use torches for that. :P
It'd be a massive waste of glowstone, it's a pretty rare material. :P

Just take some coal and wood/sticks if you need it for the torches.

smjjames

« Reply #2789 on: February 24, 2012, 02:28:07 PM »
Okay then. I just wanted to be able to light up areas that I can't reach, clear out the mobs in the caverns since I want to use it for mining.