Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hydrogen dispenser deflects Earth from orbit in an absurd way  (Read 3209 times)

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Hydrogen dispenser deflects Earth from orbit in an absurd way
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:10 AM »
1) Home > Open > Core> Earth and Sun

2) Slow down time rate.

3) Stay "behind" the Earth, just like in the image. (edit: I think this bug happens at any position, but I'm not sure)

4) Fire hydrogen  at the Sun

Earth changes its orbit and travels much faster for no reason. check out the velocity. (Earth's orbital velocity is just 29 km/s, as a reference). I'd like to see if anyone else experiences this, please let me know.

PS: My PC's graphic card is awful, so ignore the fact that the Earth looks like just a blue ball.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:02:29 AM by gabriel.dac »

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: Hydrogen dispenser deflects Earth from orbit in an absurd way
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »
I've decided to download Fraps and record a video of the bug.

In this videothe material launched seems to have collided with the planet (although I aimed at the Sun) but that is not necessary for the bug to occur. The material can just fly off into space and the same thing will happen.

Second, there are a few details I have missed. The mass of the planet increases too much. It turned into a 15 jupiter mass object with just a few hydrogen launched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqqpr5OByX8&list=UUaB0lctnH6Bdk1hTO5qTaTA

Oh, and my old PC can't display the graphics properly, so ignore that everything looks absurdly weird (Sun is black, etc).

Geers

• If you try hard you crash hard
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:00:16 PM »
The mass of your particles you're firing is 55.5 Earth masses. Which is going to bump our poor planet around.

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »
haven't noticed that, but still, what makes the planet go to the opposite way? Of course the particles emitted will attract the planet, but when they are absorbed (or they absorb the planet?) the planet should stop or keep moving quite slowly in the direction that the particles were moving.

Not to mention that these absurdly massive particles shouldn't be allowed. I didn't notice it's enormous mass because they look tiny. Either make the particles bigger or just impose a limit of mass, because that is not nice, man

Geers

• If you try hard you crash hard
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »
You have it set to auto, so when you started throwing it at the sun it adjusted itself to a decent scale, as 55.5 Earth masses isn't a lot for the Sun. Since the particles are physical objects they'll do the same thing as throwing a giant planet at the Earth when you fire the particles. Billiard ball effect: Energy transfers and sends the planet shooting off.