Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I can't open up ANY simulations  (Read 5402 times)

aFinapple

I can't open up ANY simulations
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:58:11 AM »
For the past 5 or 6 updates, I am unable to open up the Simulations part of US2. The only thing that does work is to downgrade to Alpha 19.7.2, but I can't get any newer simulations. And way to fix this?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: I can't open up ANY simulations
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:26:59 AM »
Sorry for the trouble, that shouldn't be happening. What happens when you try to open a simulation? Do you see an error?

aFinapple

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
Sorry for the trouble, that shouldn't be happening. What happens when you try to open a simulation? Do you see an error?
Um no the only thing that happens is practically nothing... it just loads for a sec and then disappears

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 08:33:10 AM »
The simulation disappears? Does it look like a new, empty simulation then? Or do you mean the program crashes?

We'll need to see your log in order to look into this more. Please run Universe Sandbox ², try to open a simulation, close Universe Sandbox ², and then send us your log. Instructions are available here: http://universesandbox.com/support/emaillog

If you'd prefer, you can just attach the file to your reply here on the forum, instead of emailing it to us.

Thanks!

aFinapple

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 11:01:58 AM »
The simulation disappears? Does it look like a new, empty simulation then? Or do you mean the program crashes?

We'll need to see your log in order to look into this more. Please run Universe Sandbox ², try to open a simulation, close Universe Sandbox ², and then send us your log. Instructions are available here: http://universesandbox.com/support/emaillog

If you'd prefer, you can just attach the file to your reply here on the forum, instead of emailing it to us.

Thanks!
Here is what happens https://youtu.be/3QhGBiGso8k and here is the log

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »
Thank you, that video is very helpful along with your log.

We suspect this may be because of a bad file in the user sims folder. We recommend you clear out all files in that folder (you can copy them to another folder if you want to keep them), and then try to access Home > Open again.

This folder should be here: [user]/Documents/Universe Sandbox ²/Simulations.

Let us know how that goes. Thanks!

aFinapple

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »
Thank you, that video is very helpful along with your log.

We suspect this may be because of a bad file in the user sims folder. We recommend you clear out all files in that folder (you can copy them to another folder if you want to keep them), and then try to access Home > Open again.

This folder should be here: [user]/Documents/Universe Sandbox ²/Simulations.

Let us know how that goes. Thanks!
YES!! It did work!!! Thank you soooo much!!