Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Yes, I'm a newbie!! Probably a basic problem..  (Read 3457 times)

LaymenBen

Yes, I'm a newbie!! Probably a basic problem..
« on: May 15, 2017, 02:58:12 AM »
Hi all. I only got US2 a few days ago and have been messing around with it a bit. One thing is ticking me off. How the heck do you get rid of all the circles that are constantly overlaid over planets etc when you're up close to them? And there are options to turn off labels etc, yes?

I want to smash out some screen capture using this program, but the circles etc render it a bit unusable. Thanking anyone in advance for their help.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Yes, I'm a newbie!! Probably a basic problem..
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:01:59 PM »
I'm not entirely sure which circles you are referring to. There are selection circles when you hover your cursor over a planet, or if you've selected it. Just move your cursor away and click in empty space to de-select. These also shouldn't show up when using the built-in screenshot and GIF tools. Certainly understandable that these may inadvertently get in the way when recording with other programs, though. We've talked about adding some sort of "cinema" mode, which would include more customization for what's included on screen.

You can already turn off labels by clicking View in the bottom bar. Click View > Show More (the 3 dots) for some additional options, and press Tab to hide the interface. Hope that helps!