Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wormholes  (Read 6066 times)

DoctorWh0?

• You...shall not...pass!!!(This physics test)
Wormholes
« on: March 20, 2016, 11:39:35 AM »
To start off( if you know what a wormhole is, skip this) a wormhole is a theoretical way to bend space-time so that you could travel from point x to point y by making the distance shorter and then taking a small jump across. Imagine a sheet of paper and you cant get from one end to the other because it takes to long. Instead, you fold the sheet( representing space-time) and poke a hole through, thus getting to the other side ;). The physics are complicated, and I myself don't understand them very well, so I am not going to dive in that here.

What a wormhole probably looks like( from Interstellar). http://thumbs.media.smithsonianmag.com/filer/de/f4/def4bfe3-a912-4ba3-b673-1a4e751fc38f/wormhole.jpg__800x450_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Wormholes in Us2 would work like this in my mind: you select the wormhole, right click one point on the grid, right click a second point, and then you have a wormhole. If you fired an object into it, you would see space-time curving around, and then emitting the object from the other side. If you were standing on the object, you would see this: http://i.imgur.com/DgD4TEn.gif again a courtesy of Interstellar.

Anyway this is just an idea I had.  :o Prairie dog stares at ya.

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Wormholes
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 07:34:19 PM »
The physics are complicated because wormholes are not proven to exist in reality

Jlukehypernova

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 11:16:49 AM »
But it is predicted in Einsteins field equations. So they probably exist somewhere, we just don't know how to recognize it.

Cryo

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »
The physics are complicated because wormholes are not proven to exist in reality
he called gravitational waves and years after his death we see his prediction become a reality however.Without evidence we must remain Skeptical? white holes would also be something new to play with

NirNana

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 03:06:20 AM »
I like this idea, hope to see it there :P

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 07:20:29 AM »
he called gravitational waves and years after his death we see his prediction become a reality however.Without evidence we must remain Skeptical?

That's like saying if I predicted it would be windy tomorrow, and it was, then someone else's prediction that Cthulhu will rise soon should also come true.

correlation =/= causation

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 11:59:15 PM »
Except that we were just as skeptical about the existence of gravitational waves as well.

What's the difference between a black hole and a wormhole? Other than that a wormhole spits it out the other side.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 07:07:23 PM »
black holes are an eternity sink while wormholes are a shortcut through time

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 03:32:08 AM »
Not time but through space. Faster than light travel is way better than time travel