Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 10515 times)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
9/11
« on: September 11, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »
If you dont  know about this go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11,_2001_attacks

Eighth aniversary...

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
I was in college when it happened. I woke up to the news on television.

That same week I spent all of Friday making my own flag to hang outside my apartment, as every store was sold out.

Naru523

• let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »
If I remember correctly, I saw this on TV when I was (?two?) years old. That was a desperate day... Vid about 9/11: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4s3fn8jDc

monmarfori

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 05:40:10 PM »
Also i am two.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 05:55:45 PM »
You are two? You can type!  :o

SuperNova

• ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH!
    • Dreadnaught BG
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 01:08:13 AM »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 04:01:46 AM »
And that's all because of religious fundamentalism... It makes me so angry.
Some evil attacks that hopefully won't happen again. The worst is that they always believe they are doing the right, after years of brainwashing and all that stuff... I hope the terrorists had a horrible death. >:( >:( >:(
And I hope the opposite to the victims, ofc.
And then again I hope it will change some peoples' view on religion. I hope we will learn from these attacks.

Magnetar

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 05:16:27 AM »
I was watching television as it happened and they immidiately changed the content of their show and reported about the attacks. I think it was around 3:00 - 4:00 PM here. I remember also that we discussed about it with our teacher in school and If I remember correctly we were given sheets on which we were supposed to write down our thoughts about it.

And that's all because of religious fundamentalism... It makes me so angry.

It's more than just religious fundamentalism.
Religious fundamentalism is a form of tradition people trend to retreat when they are facing problems which they have problems to deal with. I don't think fundamentalism is the initial trigger of any form of war or violence, but it's a dangerous catalyst. Surveys made in the Middle East have also shown, that most people who considered themselves as fundamentalists are oppossing the west rather out of political reasons, not on a religious base. I think the actual problem which the whole Middle East is facing, is a geo-cultural one. If you look at the map you will notice that the Middle East  is a connection between Europe, Far East and Africa. All of these cultures are having a strong cultural and ethnical influence on the ME. Even in the bible you will notice that various civilizations had their influence on the region. The Babylonians, the Greeks, the Egyptians, the Romans and much more. While this makes the ME on one hand a melting pot of ideas, it also hinders the ME from unity. You probably will now also understand, why lots of Middle Easterners like to reclaim the former days of the Islamic empire and the days of Saladin. It might be also comparable to the idea of an European unity which people became fascinated with trough Napoleon's conquests.

I hope we will learn from these attacks.

What we should learn is that we have to take care of the socio-political developements happening in our world, that we can't just ignore it when nations and socities are decaying and that fear should never be the justification for any democratic country on this planet, to give up her principles and start war just because of vaguely assumptions.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 07:55:16 AM »
Religious fundamentalism is when religious people use their holy book (etc.) as a base/foundation/fundament for everything they do.

Okay, it's perhaps not completely because of religious fundamentalism, but that's the primary cause. From what I heard, the people who did it expected to have some virgins in heaven because they killed some people who didn't believe in their religion.
What I was hoping was just that people would think more rational and not base their actions, especially not such evil actions, on some books written more than a thousand years back in time.

I hope people in here don't get the feeling that I'm speaking against any form of religion, because I'm not (on this site). :)
I am trying to be respectful and neutral, and only argue carefully against fundamentalism, is that good enough? :P

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 08:24:19 AM »

I hope people in here don't get the feeling that I'm speaking against any form of religion, because I'm not

Ok, speaking of this, my friend is a... umm... I don't know... I forget... But, whatever. I wasn't there but he told me that two kids called him for stupid for being that religion. That is just messed up. And he also noticed one of them started feeling bad for him. That's messed up. I don't care wheter you are this or that, but if anyone calls you stupid for that... That's... Just not right.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 10:01:24 AM »
Ok, perhaps I should move this discussion to the religion discussion before we go too off-topic. :P

Anyways, I remember that we, at school, had silence for five minutes. Not completely sure if it was a year after I can remember or on the day, but I'm pretty sure it was the year after. How strange if I can't remember the exact day. Hmmmm... 09/10 = 9th grade... 01/02 = 1st grade. Old school. Then I can't remember the day. ???

Btw monmarfori proably meant he was two aswell (too) when it happened, I think he wrote he's ten somewhere so that's possible.

Arata

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »
Whats terrifying for me is that 9/11 was one my birthday.
 :'(

hbmp88

• Please visit to help! http://ucallyptis.myminicity
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 10:32:17 PM »
I was really scared when I heard the sonic boom because i was watching a 9/11 documentary and right when the building started collapsing and they reenacted the people inside who survived the windows started shaking and I heard a boom that sort of rumbled and I thought it was another terrorist attack (nuclear weapons, since people in Iran are starting to obtain them) and I remembered about the space shuttle.  Scared me to death. ;D

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 09:10:58 AM »
I was really scared when I heard the sonic boom because i was watching a 9/11 documentary and right when the building started collapsing and they reenacted the people inside who survived the windows started shaking and I heard a boom that sort of rumbled and I thought it was another terrorist attack (nuclear weapons, since people in Iran are starting to obtain them) and I remembered about the space shuttle.  Scared me to death. ;D

You were watching tv and you got scared? Or they were re ecancting it and you got scared?

hbmp88

• Please visit to help! http://ucallyptis.myminicity
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »
watching tv ten the sonic boom happened right when it started collapsing with everyone inside  :'( :'( scared me