Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Circuitfry's words of wisdom and truth and stuff  (Read 1542 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Circuitfry's words of wisdom and truth and stuff
« on: May 14, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
http://circuitfry.tumblr.com/post/23029164829/apolloscoffeeshop-dovne

And in case you do not want to click the link to be surrounded by one of the worst tumblr text layouts ever (at least it's better than some, but...) here is a copy/paste of just what circuitfry says:

---- <- division purposes

I sense a major lack of connection between the electoral college and the people. But hey I mean the electoral college was totally fucking ignored when Bush became president hey let’s do the same for Obama! Or maybe not.

I have a terrible feeling that the youth feels that it is too repressed by its elders and lacks confidence in their ability to make a difference through the voting system and actively get involved. We have to throw off the old nest. We’re sick of it and the old birds are quite literally setting us back hundreds of years for no reason besides re-emphasizing how it’s all tradition and blah blah blah. It’s not an adequate reason, and we are going to band together and make a difference because we know the real reasons and we know how the world needs to be.

I don’t give a fuck who becomes President (although I’d like Obama to continue, I really find Romney a shady asshole who funds really stupid inadequate campaigns. He is literally telling people that he should be president because he saved a fucking dog, once. That’s great Romney but that’s not the line of thinking I need from the man who will represent our country!)

I mean I know that we’re all scared 20-something-year-old kids but these angry motherfuckers are gonna run us over and we will lose our potential future if we let them win over us. And no, the older generation will not change its mind. About anything. At all. We have to outdo them.

Guys if we really want to make our voice heard we’re going to have to take time out of our day on tumblr, look up civil discussion dates and physically walk to the place and probably get chased away with torches and pitchforks for our heresy. We’re going to have to schedule a little time away from this computer and actively make our votes and voices heard, even if there’s a chance we might not win. Make the vote, anyway.

Here’s my example: My entire (fucking huge) family is Catholic. There must be 20+ members of my family who have considered the gay marriage situation, and I’m almost certain that I might be the only one for gay marriage out of them all. I’m gonna need 20 more friends of mine just to outweigh them. Just to gain 1 for the populace. Just to gain 1 for gay marriage.

Honestly, we need to push the right bill through Congress. That is how we’re going to make any difference, at this point. Let *us* make the new rules and propose this stuff, yeah? Not only do we need to make the proposal, but we need to push it through by pressing the congressmen to vote for it, and then the Senate, and then the big man himself.

Can we do that?

Of course we can.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:36:19 AM by atomic7732 »

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Circuitfry's words of wisdom and truth and stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:52:54 AM »
this posted was at 06:24:00 at the five timezone from international dateline in the supposed 2012th year after a christian figure was borned, although it is actually the 2016th year after it. additionally, it had an edit that was submitted 12 minutes 19 seconds later or 739 seconds later.
inb4 nueraig