Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Models for US  (Read 51067 times)

Gregory

New Models for US
« on: May 06, 2019, 05:46:04 AM »
On US2, many new models have been made that aren't in US legacy, but there are some that still aren't implemented, such as an egg, a volleyball, a handball, a net ball, a football (the American kind), a rugby ball, a beach ball, a cannonball, a zorb ball, popular giant inflatable balls people ride inside of, along with cage balls or push balls.
http://www.zorbingtime.com/zorb-ball-human-hamster-ball/
https://www.palossports.com/store/proddetail.cfm/ItemID/59/CategoryID/46081/SubCatID/1592/file.htm?source=googleps&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplp10153&sc_intid=10153&gclid=Cj0KCQjwitPnBRCQARIsAA5n84mynSNhzXc7z4JJzJhaIJGVAx_t0uQjOD8BT9nkEa9Oj3t7NjSHCmIaAhDhEALw_wcB
These would be potential models to have.
Plus they would even look good for simulations, like for an example, beach balls &/or zorb balls &/or cage balls orbiting &/or colliding with each other.
Not to mention bounce mode is also in consideration.
Mirror balls should also be in consideration as they reflect like mirrors, though in space they're dark as everything they reflect is what's around them, though the Sputnik satellites are also a good idea.
So far, this is a simulation I came up with & it will give you guys an idea.
Hopefully new bodies & a simulation come up.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:58:57 PM by Gregory »

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
Re: New Models for US
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 12:15:02 PM »
Yes, I agree with you too. I have suggested many other different types of balls to add to Universe Sandbox. I already suggested wooden balls as well as other balls. Your idea is great. Yes we definitely need all kinds of balls in Universe Sandbox because they would look amazing in simulations. Mirror balls would be one of the best balls to have because they would reflect other balls and have an infinite reflection effect with other mirror balls too.

Gregory

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »
Yup, US2 has so much further to go despite already going so far in improvements over the years.
All types of balls are needed and so would the balls that broke world records.
There should also be an American football and a rugby ball, along with ping pong balls, squash balls, volleyballs, netballs, korfballs, kickballs and more.
US2 should consider thinking about that.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
Yes, of course. Universe Sandbox developers should consider thinking about adding all types of balls in the human objects section.

Also, Universe Sandbox 2 must have a feature built-in to its software that allows users to create folders to organize their custom made objects for keeping everything organized like in Microsoft Windows operating systems.

Gregory

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 12:24:40 PM »
For sure, yet they also need to improve the sphere design of models and large celestial bodies like planets and stars (along with round sports balls especially including pool balls), and add tidal bulges and oblateness(oblateness is caused by rotation force).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:52:53 PM by Gregory »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 01:14:27 PM »
Yes, sphere design must be improved for planets and stars. First, graphic improvements counts as well. Also, many more ball objects must be added to Universe Sandbox too.

Gregory

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »
For sure, though definitely much better than US1.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »
Yes, US2 is better an US1.

Gregory

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 02:01:38 PM »
They also need to add geodesic polyhedron models named after like those including 5760 and 11520 triangles.
And would also like the atmospheres of planets to have custom heights so you can make their height and thickness represented by the numbers.
Earth in fact on US2 has a much thicker looking atmosphere than it has in reality.
If you shrunk Earth to the size of a pool ball, the visible portion of its atmosphere would be no thicker than a coat of paint.
Its visible portion is only 12 km tall and on here, appears 10 x taller, which is 120 km.
The thickness of atmospheres on US2 look like that of Titan in proportion to its size.
That's an improvement that's never been done over the years.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »
Good point there. Polyhedron modes are needed too.

Most importantly, like you said, custom atmosphere heights and thicknesses should be made customizable by numbers like as with mass and radius. More atmosphere properties must be added. Also customizing colors are atmospheres, water, clouds, giant giant bands and stars must be added too in a color update.

Gregory

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 06:01:38 PM »
Yup, all those are needed.
We know the planets are polyhedron models with square tiles using a smooth lighting to look like smooth spheres and use textures and bump map lighting to simulate visual geology, but those mentions you said work as well.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:21:36 PM by Gregory »

Gregory

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 11:20:56 PM »
Yet eggs should be added because it’d be great to see how they’d collide with each other and shatter (though that might require the right materials.
Now one thing to also add is bounce mode because it doesn’t make sense for typical sports balls to merge with each other and turn bigger from collisions like as with planets or fragment into pieces at slow speeds.
Yet also sports balls can’t pass through each other like ghosts, because they’re not all gases unlike their gases inside them (such as air, which has oxygen).

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »
Yes, it's interesting to see eggs smash together and splatter in space. Me too, would consider adding eggs into Universe Sandbox. Of course, different egg sizes and types would be needed to add more variation.

In addition to eggs, I would also suggest to implement balloons. The good thing about balloons is that the pop. You can pop them with a pin. The most interesting thing about popping balloons is that the pieces would always be different from each other, so Universe Sandbox would need to have a brand new type of physics to be able to do that.

Also, balloons of different sizes and colors would be needed to add lots of variation to balloon. Also, adding giant balloons and giant weather balloons would be a good option too. Filling balloons with water would be fantastic is space because there is no gravity pulling the balloon down. It is best to see filled water balloons in space because of zero gravity.

Please ask developers to add both eggs and balloons in Universe Sandbox 2. Players would fill up balloons in Universe Sandbox with a pump. Either an air pump or water hose.

Gregory

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »
For sure, yet also a new physics for smashing pumpkins as well.
Now balloons would also appear semi-transluscent when they're inflated as the rubber's stretched so much.
Yet they come in different shapes, as not all are equally round, so there are different types and qualities made,
Solar sails should also be implemented, including Lightsail-2.
https://techcrunch.com/2019/07/02/crowdfunded-solar-sail-spacecraft-moves-closer-to-flying-on-light-alone/
Plus solar sails can come in different shapes, from squares, to polygons, or even circles (which are impossible to render on digital or computer programs).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:50:19 PM by Gregory »

Gregory

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 01:05:34 PM »
Here's a simulation of mirror balls.
Unfortunately as mirror balls aren't implemented, this is only a prototype simulation, but once/if they're implemented, the real simulation would come.
They'd reflect everything around them, and if you put a batch together, they'd create an infinite reflection of each other.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 02:29:44 PM »
Yes, developers must implement many different balloons, balls, mirror balls and solar sails.

Gregory

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 08:52:17 PM »
It would take a lot of work from them for that, but hopefully it’ll happen someday.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2019, 06:36:51 AM »
I hope that would happen.

Gregory

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2019, 09:15:05 AM »
Hopefully.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
Yes. I hope so too.

Gregory

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 04:03:56 AM »
For sure

Gregory

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 05:31:19 PM »
Though one thing not mentioned is the effect of gases in an environment of different atmospheric pressures
In space, gas is larger because of less pressure so the balloon expands, and the more gas inside the balloon, the more likely it'll burst in space.
That's another tough feature, but if anything's truly possible, that is too.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 06:09:07 AM »
Yes, of course gas expands in balloons that are in space. However, balloons could be filled with air, hydrogen and many other types of gasses for different reactions. Balloons would add very interesting physics to Universe Sandbox if they are implemented.

I know that this would be a very tough feature to implement, but its truly possible to create. The only thing is that developers would require many months or even a year or two to create such a new physics mechanic. In Universe Sandbox everything is possible. You just have to be patient and wait for the features to be implemented.

Gregory

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2019, 09:58:40 AM »
Yup, for sure.
We've gone so many steps ahead.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2019, 10:13:38 AM »
That's great but we need as many new models and physics elements for Universe Sandbox.