Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A tale of a nosey dog, parental controls, almost no freedom left, and ragequits.  (Read 4477 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58167'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:25:34 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
[The requested information was blocked by Norton Safety Minder]

smjjames

Norton SUCKS, period, okay?

What does a nosey dog have to do with anything though?

Who put it on there anyway, your parents? If it's your computer, go and find some good antivirus program (Microsoft Security Essentials is good, AVG antivirus free does well in stopping, blocking, and catching viruses, even has a free linkscanner) and grab a free Anti-Spyware to grab the stuff that the antivirus misses and antivirus programs don't always catch or clean tracking cookies.

If it's a computer that is shared by the household, talk to your parents about it, give those examples you just gave.

@Bla, har har, you're not helping dude..... (other than the point that Norton sucks)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
@Bla, har har, you're not helping dude..... (other than the point that Norton sucks)
........I didn't read it as if it were an antivirus program he has. I don't think such a program would block sites for "alcohol" or "social networking". It seemed to me like it were a program his parents has forced him to have, to block sites they do not want him to visit. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, I don't think I can really help at all, even though I'd like to if I could....

smjjames

Or a case of him being grounded?

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
About Fiah's freedom of going anywhere...

FiahOwl

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58175'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:25:32 AM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58176'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:25:30 AM by FiahOwl »

matty406

there are ways of, resetting an administrator account's password...
/shifty

FiahOwl

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58179'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:25:28 AM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58180'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:25:25 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

Uh, why did your parents install a chinese language program on it?

Or rather, why did your parents force you to install it in the first place? Did you get into trouble or something? Sounds like something you should be talking about with your parents.

FiahOwl

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58182'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:25:23 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

I meant talk, not give a speech at them, but you know your parents, I don't, so whatever works for you.

FiahOwl

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58184'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:29:49 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
go to boston, i heard they cannot into parental controls

Darvince

• 差不多
On a scale of one to ten, the freedom of the average person in the United States below the age of 18 is -1.

On a scale of one to ten, the level of paranoia among the average parent in the United States about the internet is 22.

Darvince

• 差不多
LOL fiah, use Safari. Norton doesn't recognize it yet.

EDIT:
Look at this corporate brainwashing in action.

eww
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:29:23 PM by Darvince »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
On a scale of one to ten, the freedom of the average person in the United States below the age of 18 is -1.

On a scale of one to ten, the level of paranoia among the average parent in the United States about the internet is 22.
A scale or other examples would help to give an idea to magnitude or the numbers might as well be 0.