Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: kurtjmac Let's Play of Universe Sandbox  (Read 4579 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
kurtjmac Let's Play of Universe Sandbox
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:09:13 AM »
Let's Play Universe Sandbox - First Impressions

I saw this on my youtube homepage. Kurt always does good Let's Plays, I thought I'd post it.

Edit: He doesn't exactly give the best review at the end, sadly. I wasn't exactly expecting that from him. Although, he seems to enjoy it much more than he says he does.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:27:54 AM by atomic7732 »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: kurtjmac Let's Play of Universe Sandbox
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:37:20 PM »
Pretty cool. It took him 8-9 minutes before he showed off a demonstration of destructive gravity. Perhaps making that easier to access or more up front is something I need to focus on for the next major update. :)

kurtjmac

• Far Lands or Bust!
    • Far Lands or Bust!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »
Thanks for posting this here, I'm glad you enjoyed the video! atomic7732, you summarized it perfectly, that I probably enjoyed it more than I claimed. I'm now realizing how much of the software I have yet to explore. I compared it to Celestia and Space Engine as my only previous experience of "space simulator" software, but that is comparing apples to oranges. Or, perhaps, white dwarfs to red giants. :P

Dan: I wouldn't put too much weight on the 9 minutes it took me to start a real demonstration, I tend to get long-winded with my Let's Play commentary intros which can figure in to that delay! I will admit, thought, that the very first time I launched the program I was struck with a little bit of a "now what?" feeling, which is why I gravitated (ha!) towards the introductory tutorial. I am indeed going to be playing more now that I feel more comfortable with the learning curve. Its a cool piece of software, and thanks for being so involved in the community surrounding it!

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:32:24 PM »
Wow. Thanks for stopping by kurtjmac.

Thanks so much for making that video. It's extremely humbling and enjoyable (if a bit nerve-racking)  to watch someone else use Universe Sandbox. :)

You've got at least a couple fans here, atomic posted this and deoxy99 pointed me to the video just a few hours after it was posted.

There's a major update coming out later this year. I look forward to making it easier to use and more obvious how to really interact with the universe. Thanks again!