Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: ~~How to have sun nemesis binary orbit? with sedna  (Read 5547 times)

warthog

~~How to have sun nemesis binary orbit? with sedna
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
Ok so after much researching i have come to the conclusion that nemesis is a brown dwarf @ 24,000 year orbit.I am unable to create  a system where sedna has a elliptical orbit which orbits both nemesis and sun.nemesis is @ 800 AU.

Can anyone create this system and will the system be circular or elliptical?

Also the mass of nemesis ~1\10 of the sun.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/230480-Is-the-Sun-Part-of-a-Binary-Star-System-Six-Reasons-to-Consider
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:53:38 AM by warthog »

warthog

Re: ~~How to have sun nemesis binary orbit? with sedna
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:38:32 AM »
please any one?

correction the mass of nemesis is 8.56 jupiter
ecc is .45-50
distance is approx 848 AU

and the sun curves itself in almost a circular path with relation to the bary centre

and sedna orbits both sun and nemesis so it does not get attracted to sun circular orbit nor nemesis orbit.

http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org/bri/research/calculations/size.shtml

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
If Sedna orbited both Sol and "nemesis", it wouldn't have a possible orbit with Nemesis orbiting 848 AU out. A stable planetary orbit around two stars (circumbinary), is about a 1 to 5 ratio. The planet must be 5 times as far as the companion star. Sedna's perihelion is 76.361 AU. Using this information, let's do some simple calculations.

76/5 = 15.2 AU

Nemesis would have to orbit within about 15 AU for Sedna's perihelion to be so close. We'd obviously be able to see Nemesis (and if for some stupid reason we can't) we would feel the gravitational effects on other planets.

To put this into perspective, Saturn orbits near 9 AU and Uranus orbits at around 19. A mass that large would probably disturb Uranus so much, that it'd probably be thrown out of our solar system, which it obviously is not doing. And if Nemesis did orbit 848 AU, to throw Sedna back and forth between the sun and nemesis (while orbiting) would be nearly impossible every time, let alone once.

warthog

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:03:28 AM »
then what about a neutron star 1500 au with 1.5-2.1 solar mass?

Cant canyone calculate the orbit of a binary star?

even if that star was passing by,the suns gravitational filed would have made it binary.

also the precession of equinox may be caused by a binary but for the sun to curve itself would mean the that binary is more massive than the sun.I am right or in real world sun can curve is the binary is only 5 jupiter mass

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:17:06 AM »
The sun moves a bit more than 1 solar diameter for Jupiter's pull... Either way, it's not that mass, it's the fact that the orbit of Sedna wouldn't even be remotely possible to be tossed between the two stars, not that 5 Mj is really a star.

warthog

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 12:20:07 AM »
If there was no binary then the orbit of sedna over time would be like pluto.I have run the simulation without any binary star,there has to be another dark star which does not allow sedna to have a orbit of pluto.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 01:13:59 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by this.

hgfggg

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 06:15:25 PM »
I think he thinks the sims are 100% accurate. Uh-oh.