Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: You can't be serious.  (Read 7240 times)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
You can't be serious.
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
When I was talking to my mom why my dad put a black wristband on me, she told me there would be a ghost haunting Sacramento, or that's what a shaman said. It will be haunting every residence (no idea) in Sacramento, even though our cultures are very different.

I actually that it was a lie/rumor, but my brother told me he and my other brother had scratch marks. So I'll have to, along with the rest of my relatives, will be wearing the wristband for a year.

I'm actually telling you about this if its actually believable or not.

Stevodoran

Re: You can't be serious.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:30:48 AM »
I hope youe joking ;)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »
Hmm. Do you know why they're linking the scratch marks to ghosts? I mean, it happens that you get scratch marks from something without noticing it. Do the rest of the inhabitants appear affected by it?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:47:37 AM »
Yeah, or you get hurt, and you don't notice the scratch marks... and then you notice them a day later.

Naru523

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »
I hope youe joking ;)
I hoped so. But no...
Hmm. Do you know why they're linking the scratch marks to ghosts? I mean, it happens that you get scratch marks from something without noticing it. Do the rest of the inhabitants appear affected by it?
Well, my mother told me my oldest brother had a bad dream, and when he woke up, something scratched him and it was bleeding. It was two days ago, when I was sleeping.

And no, I haven't heard form others. Although it seems they might've already wore the wristband.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:43:46 AM by Naru523 »

matty406

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
Were these little scratches, or long scratches, also, where are they located?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 11:37:31 AM »
He could have scratched himself... He was sleeping you know.

Naru523

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »
At his leg.

My other brother had three claw scratches on his leg, also.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »
Well, my mother told me my oldest brother had a bad dream, and when he woke up, something scratched him and it was bleeding. It was two days ago, when I was sleeping.
I guess most people have bad dreams sometimes, and I guess scratches could easily be from furnature. I have a very low blood pressure for example, so in the morning and sometimes when I stand up from sitting or lying down, I have to do it slowly or I may faint, because my brain doesn't get enough oxygen while my body is adapting to the standing position. I fainted one day after I woke up and stood up quickly, and hit a wooden table at my bed. I have no reason to think that was what happened to him, but this was just an example of what could cause scratch marks.

Something scratched him when he woke up. I assume he must know what scratched him if he knew it scratched him when he woke up and not while he was sleeping?

Claw scratches. Do you have any animals? Maybe it wasn't claws? We humans like to see patterns, like faces in smoke or all sorts of things. We like to give coincidences purpose, but many forget to think about how many times unlikely coindicences don't happen. I'm not saying that I know this is what happened to your family, as I simply don't know enough about it.

Naru523

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »
No idea. Although he did dream that he was getting suffocating from his gf, so I don't know the connection to that. My other brother did not notice his scratch mark until some time though...

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 11:51:33 AM »
One way to find out more about this could be to examine the objects near their beds and see if they fit well with the scratch marks.

Naru523

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »
No game. I checked, there's only round wooden work.

On a related note, the wristband is working now. I didn't get any more bad dreams. On another, I recall my other brother telling me and a few other relatives when he was sleeping on the bed my eldest brother was sleeping, he heard someone. No one was in the house at the time.

I should list my brothers' names, because they are seemingly confusing which is which.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
Whether it works cause it's a wristband, or it works cause it gives you peace of mind (which makes less nightmares), then good for you.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 12:15:41 PM »
Floors could also give scratches, although claw scratches would probably require some small objects on them like small stone fragments.

How long have you worn the wristband?
Consider the Placebo effect, as NeutronStar said, if you have worn it long enough to see results.

About hearing someone when he was sleeping, that is completely normal and doesn't have to be someone. As I said, humans like to see patterns. We use patterns to recognize each other's faces, how else would we be able to distinguish all those people we meet from each other?
It may just be a case of pareidolia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l8ByKUQMf4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
Sounds in a building could be people, but also the materials expanding in heat (or the opposite) causing friction, or the wind going through keyholes etc. I read Richard Dawkins stating how he once perceived what he found out was the wind going through the keyhole in his door as a voice, because of pareidolia.

Naru523

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
blasnipd
The wristband; I just wore it yesterday.

That may be the case of the voice, although the room was from from doors.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »
Hmm, I honestly don't think one night is enough to conclude that it works. How often do you have bad dreams?
Whatever the case, of course I hope the best, that you don't have nightmares, and if the wristband helps, that's just a good thing. :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »
I kept seeing fake moons around Saturn. I went to check and they weren't real. lol. A proof for Bla's "humans like to see patterns".
I was looking for moons, I "saw" some. I did see 4 though for sure, every time I looked they were there and matched with Titan, Tethys, Dione, and Rhea.