Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I Drove for the first time  (Read 2089 times)

tuto99

• Baba Booey
I Drove for the first time
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:07:05 AM »
okay so i got ready for school today and my dad drove me, but when we got there the school was entirely empty.
so i guess i have school off today and maybe for the rest of the week but that's beside the point.

so my dad had me drive around the parking lot, and then he told me to drive home.
at first i was extremely nervous, but as i was driving i kinda started feeling more and more confident and calm.
and by the time i got back home i was extremely relieved, but i was also surprised. It felt like i just got off of a rollercoaster ride.
I had to drive over this hill, so I learned how to brake and accelerate accordingly.
So I guess my experience from this was definitely great. It was much easier than I thought. All I have to do is refine my steering I guess.

also i noticed that i was driving exactly at the speed limit, but the other cars were passing me. I guess the more experienced ones go a bit faster since they are more comfortable driving.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: I Drove for the first time
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:18:18 AM »
yeah no one follows the speed limit ever

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:18:54 AM »
i mean they do if your definition of follow is going consistently like 3 to 5 above

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:07 AM »
yeah they were going a bit faster than me.
I was going exactly at 40 mph (the posted limit) so they were probably going 45, maybe 50?

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 09:13:39 AM »
In Ontario my drivers ed teacher told me to follow the speed of all the other traffic (if there is) instead of following the speed limit. The catch? All the traffic is usually 20km/h over the speed limit which is getting close to the serious punishment territory for learners (license suspensions and massive insurance increases). :P Generally, it is safer to follow the speed of traffic than follow the speed limit if the traffic is going faster.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:20:33 AM by Yqt1001 »

TheMooCows

• Why should I have to trust humans?
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »
Something I've noticed about the speed of cars is that it varies from city to city as well. In Phoenix (Peoria atomic I know), if there is a speed limit of 40, people are going 50. In Tucson, if the speed limit is 40 then people are going about 42. Might be because of the shitty road quality of Tucson roads.

Also just a personal memory, I was always decent at steering, though yeah I did improve. In the beginning I had more issues with like, accelerating without a jerky motion from the start. I still struggle sometimes with that cuz I 'm trash. I'm happy for you tuto tho :O

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »
Something I've noticed about the speed of cars is that it varies from city to city as well. In Phoenix (Peoria atomic I know), if there is a speed limit of 40, people are going 50. In Tucson, if the speed limit is 40 then people are going about 42. Might be because of the shitty road quality of Tucson roads.

Also just a personal memory, I was always decent at steering, though yeah I did improve. In the beginning I had more issues with like, accelerating without a jerky motion from the start. I still struggle sometimes with that cuz I 'm trash. I'm happy for you tuto tho :O
Yeah I had that problem too. Hitting the accelerator without the car jerking is a bit hard for me, but I have improved a bit. But thanks :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »
wow tuto's gonna be a pro racecar driver soon

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
racing will be one of those things where ai will soon annihilate humans

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
no one cares ai are fake

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »
our world will not be desctroyed

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 04:48:41 PM »
I'll destroy you

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
ai intelligence do not exist

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »
IM ANGERY

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 06:04:12 PM »
that's okay i'm probably going to have a panic attack about dying in the ai apocalypse and become a cs major in like 2018 or 2019

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »
tbh do math. math is more relevant to ai than traditional cs is

the field known as "ai" is basically a bunch of applied stats, probability, and optimization, which is all math

sure there's a bit of cs but you can pick that up like you picked up linguistics