Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox 2.2 Release Candidate Now Available for Standalone  (Read 3561 times)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
This is not the major new version, this is just a maintenance release for the current standalone Premium version (non-Steam).

For those that already have a copy of version 2 installed (Free or Premium, not via Steam) and want to try out the Release Candidate:

1 - Run your installed copy.
2 - Click on Options
3 - Click the "Check for Release Candidate" button.

Is it working?
Please send me (even blank) feedback from inside the program (click on the 'Send Feedback' link).

Problem?
Please describe here (or send me an email) with what's happening here so I can try and fix it.

As soon as I hear from a few of you and everything looks good, I'll flip the switch and release it to everyone.

Again, this is just a maintenance release, no new features worth mentioning, but several major bug fixes and it no longer requires .NET 4, the new version only requires .NET 2 (which is why I updated the minor version number from 2.1.x to 2.2.x).

Full list of improvements and fixes:
http://universesandbox.com/whatsnew/

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:45:20 PM by Dan Dixon »

DenisineD

Re: Universe Sandbox 2.2 Release Candidate Now Available
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:34 AM »
It tells me that it doesnt exist on steam :/

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:17:58 AM »
It tells me that it doesnt exist on steam :/

My mistake. This is an update for the non-Steam version. The update for Steam will be released in the next few days.

Dan Dixon

• Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
If you downloaded the Release Candidate and your copy of Universe Sandbox reverted to the free version, that's my fault. I've uploaded a new Release Candidate that fixes this problem.

To fix the problem:

1 - Download and install the current version off of this website to revert to the old version.
http://universesandbox.com/download/
2 - Open Universe Sandbox > Click Options > Click "Fix Broken Auto Updates"
3 - Wait for Universe Sandbox to close and reopen.
4 - Check for the release candidate again... Click on Options > Click "Check for Release Candidate"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:24:23 PM by Dan Dixon »