Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How many Threads will the new version take advantage of?  (Read 3502 times)

thelasthallow

How many Threads will the new version take advantage of?
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
Well alot of people are starting to upgrade to Quad core CPU's as standard. now as it has been stated multiple threads will be supported but will it just be two? or will the game like detect your CPU so even if you have like a server with 32 cores it will find a way to populate and use each individual core?

smjjames

Re: How many Threads will the new version take advantage of?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »
I don't know how many threads it will support, but the new version will have multicore, and thus, multithreaded, support.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
Well, 38 threads of this section have been taken advantage of by US2 users pining for US3.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 09:55:18 AM »
Well, 38 threads of this section have been taken advantage of by US2 users pining for US3.

lol

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:11:36 AM »
The new version (Universe Sandbox 3) will use all the cores your computer has available.

Prometech

• Official Photographer of the Universe at large
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 05:16:40 AM »
Well Irregardless of how many CPU cores you have, Multi core is not always faster. Depending on how fast each core is able to submit a calculation, it may be slower. For example, I have a Six core system, and I find often that applications that use all 6 may run the same as on one core.
I would be neat though if Universe sandbox had 1 thread for Physics and 1 for Graphics.