Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: DevLog #9  (Read 3343 times)

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
DevLog #9
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:54:22 PM »
Today, developers have released DevLog #8 for the work in progress of Universe Sandbox's planet grids. I really like the new planet grids. They are superb.

I have read DevLog #8 in full, and love the exciting news about upcoming improved visuals for random rocky planets. Next, developers must rework the visuals for gas giants and asteroids.

In this post, I will discuss what developers should plan on working on next for gas giants and randomly spawned gas giants and planetoids.

Gas giant colors:

Quite a few time, some time ago, I have talked about customizing the colors of gas giants. Now, I will return to discuss about that. For the DevLog #9, developers must talk about and start planning development on a color update that will make it possible to customize the colors of asteroids, planetoids, (stars and solar flares), gas giants, gas giant bands (colors and number of bands), water colors, cloud colors and finally atmosphere colors (for rocky planets).

This color update would be a big color update. This color update would become very important for the work in progress of visual features of all bodies, water and atmospheres. This would also add great visual effects for planet grids too, because of the colorization of planets. For example, spraying localized water on a warm habitable planet that has green oceans and a green atmosphere. Spraying various gasses on a yellow gas giant would add a color filter that would physically change the color of the yellow gas giant to another color. For example, take a look at the changing color appearance of Uranus.

Human sized objects like pool balls, dice, teapots and other human objects must also be giving the ability to customize their colors in the interface of Universe Sandbox 2 when selecting the object, just like with bodies, water color and atmosphere colors, alike.

Modders really find it very annoying figuring out how to customize the colors of objects in the code files for saved objects. They really go mad and become very angry. Even modders became very angry at me when I have asked them how to customize the colors of gas giants, or when I asked them to make modded colored gas giants for me. So by implementing the ability to customize colors of every possible objects in Universe Sandbox, it would make life easier for everyone using Universe Sandbox 2 to create custom colors for any objects, including customizing the colors of object trails and orbits within the interface of Universe Sandbox when selecting an object or composition type such as water or atmosphere.

Please can you developers create this color update for all bodies, water and atmospheres in Universe Sandbox. This color update must affect both random spawned objects and enable color features within the Universe Sandbox interface that will make it easy and quick for users to customize and change colors with only a few mouse clicks. The color interface for each elements such as atmosphere color, water color, gas giant color, and all other color features relating to the selected object must reflect the ability to create and mix colors to create new colors. Also, a color palette for each color element must be added too so that users can quickly add pure colors just by clicking on the color itself. For example, if you click on the red color tile in the color palette, your planet, gas giant, atmosphere, water or star would immediately turn red. To customize the red or any other color, you would need to go to the color mixer to mix your own colors.

Just think of the palette and color mixer in Microsoft Word 2003 which gives users an easy way to customize colors of text boxes and shapes. That is the type of color mixer which is absolutely required in Universe Sandbox to make it user friendly and easy for users to customize the colors on the type of planet feature they request to make the color change. In addition to that, color palettes and a color mixer gives the ability for users to select precisely what colors they want by being able to customize the Red, Green and Blue (RGB) by changing the color values manually. Also, having an additional feature for users to add their current custom made colors to extra color boxes will enable users to save their colors for later use, even after closing Universe Sandbox altogether. That way, users would remember their saved colors by opening saved simulations and also by spawning saved planets and objects.

I hope that you developers and readers understand and implement what I am talking about here in this post.

The minimum color value that users can input is 0 and the maximum is 255. The 0 number is black and the 255 number is black. The color intensity and contrast colors in Universe Sandbox would be represented by the number range from 0 to 255 values. Take a look at all the four images below.

Thank you.