Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kepler-22 system with Kepler-22 b and hypothetical sibling planets  (Read 8757 times)

smjjames

Kepler 22b is actually c in this system. I used several of Fiahs textures as well as a few by other people from the 'can we gather all custom textures here' thread. All but the star have custom textures. The other planets are hypothetical and placed using bodes law as a guide. I've noticed the inner ones orbits shifting around slightly, but I think that may just be them settling into equilibrium.

Edit: Looks like that 'shift' im seeing is actually from the stars forward movement.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:57:08 PM by smjjames »

dhm794

Re: Kepler-22 system with Kepler-22 b and hypothetical sibling planets
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
Strange, I'm getting pitch black textures for all of the planets with Fiah's textures.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
Bla's Phemy!

smjjames

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »
You're missing a few textures there. Kepler b uses the anshar texture (which is pretty similar to Mercury texture anyway), Kepler c uses Fiahtexta16, however I can't tell if that is what the texture is in that screenshot as it looks different, Kepler d and e might have gotten tinted there but they use fiahtexta 46 and 39 respectively.

For the gas giants, looks like you may have changed some textures (and lost the one for the biggest gas giant), Kepler f uses fiahtexta43, kepler g uses fiahtexta9, kepler h uses fiahtexta5, kepler i uses fiahtexta48, kepler j uses marduk, kepler k uses fiahtexta10.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »
You're missing a few textures there. Kepler b uses the anshar texture (which is pretty similar to Mercury texture anyway), Kepler c uses Fiahtexta16, however I can't tell if that is what the texture is in that screenshot as it looks different, Kepler d and e might have gotten tinted there but they use fiahtexta 46 and 39 respectively.

For the gas giants, looks like you may have changed some textures (and lost the one for the biggest gas giant), Kepler f uses fiahtexta43, kepler g uses fiahtexta9, kepler h uses fiahtexta5, kepler i uses fiahtexta48, kepler j uses marduk, kepler k uses fiahtexta10.

No I didn't change any textures.

:(

Dan should adress this problem.

smjjames

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:38 PM »

No I didn't change any textures.

:(

Dan should adress this problem.

Wierd, a few of them stayed such as the marduk one, but the others went to defaults.

It does need to be adressed, and is probably the source of dhm's black textures.

Kepler-22b

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »
A realy nice solarsystem. Thank you for sharing.  8)

ShoeUnited

• Non opus est, si pretium non habetis.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
Pretty cool guy.  I appreciate the up. ^-^

smjjames

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 10:18:38 AM »
@kepler: You're welcome :)

@ShoeUntied: What do you mean by 'appreciate the up'? upload?

ShoeUnited

• Non opus est, si pretium non habetis.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »
Yes, up as in upload. :)