Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NationStates  (Read 507229 times)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
Re: NationStates
« Reply #1170 on: November 07, 2013, 03:23:53 PM »
:)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #1171 on: November 13, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
Ok, some people have claimed that "Red Rainbow's population dynamics won't work and will run out of population" etc., so I have taken some time to describe its policies regarding population dynamics here.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_land_of_the_red_rainbow/detail=factbook/id=184615

In The Glorious Armed Proletariat of The Land of the Red Rainbow, the vast majority of the population is homosexual. In order to ensure a stable supply of fresh working force, The Government has initiated some notorious policies regarding population growth.
Families as units are non-existant in The Proletariat. Instead, children grow up in large, public collectives that are similar to kindergartens, where adults are employed to take care of them 24 hours per day. From there they gradually gain more and more independence, responsibility and duties, as most of them later enter the education system and still later the work force.

The collectives require a large work force to run, but at the same time free up a lot of work force that would otherwise take breaks from their work to take care of their children. Overall the economies of scale lead to increased economic efficiency compared to traditional parenting.

To ensure a stable population, it is the duty of all capable adult males to contribute genetic material to the state genetic banks on a regular basis. It is the duty of all capable adult females to receive genetic material from these banks and give birth to three children. As reward and compensation, the females are not required to work for the last six months of their pregnancy. After birth the children are moved to the kindergarten collectives.

Some of the genetic material is analyzed for genetic traits. Based on the analysis it receives a desireability value. Desired genetic traits, such as homosexuality, are spread to a higher percentage of the population.

The three child policy has resulted in a relatively high population growth rate in The Proletariat, but it is somewhat compensated for by the fact that much of the excess population is used in the armed forces where they tend to die relatively young in various wars to spread justice and counter the international antigay threats.

These policies are planned to be in effect for several decades until the genetic technology reaches a level where The Government can create work force on a large scale without human involvement.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #1172 on: November 13, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '112807'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:27:34 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1173 on: November 13, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
Well what I had in mind was genetically designing and growing humans under lab conditions, robots are mostly Blaist Blaland's project. Robots aren't exciting enough for Red Rainbow, they're too mindless and probably can't feel pain in a way humans would be able to relate to. If the population was all robots, there'd be no one to enjoy the suffering of the antigays. I need lots of helpless, controlled humans and lots of humans exposed to the suffering to create the proper environment for the Gay Communist Apocalypse. >:D It will be glorious!

matty406

« Reply #1174 on: November 13, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »
Blade Runner

FiahOwl

« Reply #1175 on: November 13, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '112810'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:27:30 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1176 on: November 14, 2013, 04:06:56 AM »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1177 on: December 02, 2013, 05:26:02 PM »
what do i do

Bloznvyk Decides:
Compulsory Organ Harvesting Proposed
The Issue

Tempers flare in Bloznvyk as civil libertarians and the healthcare lobby clash once again over mandatory post-mortem organ donation.

The Debate

"It's not as crazy as it sounds," says Dr. Falala Wong. "Every day, people die because we don't have the organs to save them. Well, that and widespread under-funding of the health system. But the point is, if the government allowed us to take organs from dead people, we could save hundreds of lives a year. And come on, it's not like dead people need them."

Accept

"You keep your damn hands off my organs!" says alarmed hospital patient Tobias Zhu. "They are my organs, and I'll do with them what I like. The government has no right to my body."

Accept

The Government Position

The government has yet to formalize a position on this issue.

Dismiss This Issue

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1178 on: December 03, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »
My IRL opinion would be for compulsory organ harvesting from dead people if they have useable organs, but in NS I think I tend to dismiss that issue because I think it lowers civil rights to choose that option. Like the first option says, there's no reason why you should burn dead people's organs or let them rot in a coffin if you can put them into other people who can then get a much better life. That is a terrible waste.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1179 on: December 05, 2013, 01:26:17 PM »
An issue for The Industrial Torture Factories of The Bloodbow Kollektive

The Issue

After recent leaps and bounds in biomedical research, scientists have revealed 'vat-grown tissue', provoking wild controversy over its possible medical - and culinary - uses.

The Debate

"There is absolutely nothing wrong that has been done here," claims one of the researchers, Dr. Al Cohen. "Vat-grown cloned tissue is extremely versatile when producing organs for transplantation, and knit my booties if it's not the tastiest and most nutritionally-balanced thing around! Beats me why anyone could be against it."

Accept

"It's shocking and appalling that we could even consider adding vat-grown meat to the menu," says Naki Obama III, the one-armed descendant of a long line of devout vegetarians. "But, on the other hand, we have been waiting for this major medical breakthrough for a long time. Imagine it - no more waiting lists for transplants! This will be of enormous benefit to the healthcare sector. I just think we should draw the line at eating the stuff."

Accept

"By all means, legalise vat-grown meat!" says Samuel Spirit, a masterchef. "Some people say that it's wrong to grow these creatures just to kill them, but that's ridiculous. Cattle breeders in other countries are doing it all the time! So get rid of this mad compulsory vegetarianism law because eating meat is not wrong. What's wrong is making them for spare bodyparts. Do I want a piece of me to have been grown? In a VAT? No. It's disgustin'. Besides, it'll raise the cost of my insurance."

Accept

"This is all abhorrent and aberrant!" declares Erica Shiomi, the High H'gradskas of the The Bloodbow Kollektive Unorthodox Church. "You can't just create meat. It's against God's will, and you'll find that pretty much every other religion will back me up on this one. Living things were designed to be born. Or hatched. Or germinated. And then there's mitosis of course, but that's not the point - the point is that there are some things that Men were not meant to meddle with. We should keep well away from the whole cloning business altogether."

Accept

"That guy has no sense of vision." says Marlon Khan, your Minister of Demographics. "Why waste this invention on healthcare or cookery when so much more could be done! Sterilise everybody and grow new people in vats! Disease will be a thing of the past! When they break, just grow new parts! It adopts the industrial method to population management, something we've needed for a long time. And now that we finally have the right technology, I say we do it!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

OH YES

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1180 on: December 05, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
What the christ

matty406

« Reply #1181 on: December 05, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1182 on: December 13, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
"Blaist Blaland is ranked 1st in Communist International and 245th in the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare, scoring 396 on the Theresa-Nightingale Rating."

245th, on nice, that's the top 0.21%. Still a long way up to number one with 3,375 though.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1183 on: December 21, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »
Oh nose :(

The Issue

A major contamination of The Bloodbow Kollektive's Citizen Creation Vats has caused millions of your newest citizens to be 'born' with severe mental illnesses. An emergency meeting of your top Ministers has been called to decide what to do about the issue.

The Debate

"It's obvious what must be done," says Robin McKay, your Minister for Artificial Citizens, "we must regrow new brains for the lot of them. It'll cost a fortune, but it's our duty as their leaders. It's our fault these citizens are suffering; so naturally, we must do all we can to fix the problem. What other option is there? Think of your citizens."

Accept

"Are you insane?" asks your Public Relations Coordinator "-er ahem, but think of the money! It would cost billions of antigay limbs to regrow and transplant that many brains. Mark my words, if you give them new brains, you'll have a coup on your hands for sending our economy into a tailspin. No. No. Absolutely not. We must," he leans in with a pained look, "ship these 'defectives' off to a secluded island somewhere, so we can forget they ever existed."

Accept

An old man on the street who has been jabbing at you through the window with his cane chimes in, "The solution is plain as day you doddering fools! These vats must be closed immediately and the technology banned! They're unnatural abominations! You know how I came into this world? Kicking and screaming from the loins of my mother! The government must allow people to have sex again and give birth the way God intended!"

Accept

"Oh no no no, we've invested too much money into the national vat system to throw it all away over one minor incident," stresses your Financial Minister Ivan Washington. "Look at the situation from a resource standpoint. This batch of resources is damaged, so naturally, the most economical solution is to remove the damaged products, dispose of them, and recycle the functional parts back into the vats. We must reduce, reuse and recycle, Mikkel Sikkel, for the good of our national vats - and for the good of The Bloodbow Kollektive, of course."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

>:D >:D >:D Oh yes >:D >:D >:D

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1184 on: December 21, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »
remove the comma so that it says "we must reduce, reuse, and recycle Mikkel Sikkel"

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1185 on: December 21, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
That sounds like a bad idea.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #1186 on: December 23, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »

Bloznvyk Decides:
Yqt1001s On The Dinner Table?
The Issue

In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Bloznvyk's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that Yqt1001s could be added to the menu.

The Debate

"The fact is, the Yqt1001 population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Sean Frederickson. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have Yqt1001 kebabs, Yqt1001 pies, Yqt1001-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."

Accept

"I agree that something needs to be done about Yqt1001 over-population," says random passer-by Charles Cho, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."

Accept

"I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Rosalia Dovey. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The Yqt1001s were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The Yqt1001 is part of what makes Bloznvyk a great nation!"

Accept

The Government Position

The government has yet to formalize a position on this issue.

Dismiss This Issue

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1187 on: January 01, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
Some plots on name length vs population

On this graph, the x-axis has name length in characters and average population on the y-axis. it does some strange drop at around 23 characters for some reason
http://i.imgur.com/VtOY1vt.png

Instead of the average this plot shows every single point. It seems that the name length limit must have been increased a few years ago
http://i.imgur.com/7rBTuhz.png

and this is a plot with the log of population in the x-axis and average name length on the y-axis. it seems that older nations tend to have shorter names. no causation implied
http://i.imgur.com/DB628Uo.png

i did this to figure out if there was a correlation between name length and whether a nation would quickly cte or be kept active. the first chart has average population increasing with name length and the third chart has population increase with name length increase. it seems i'll have to collect more information

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1188 on: January 01, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
This says 28 days inactive and any nation will be deleted (60 days if in vacation mode):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Government:_NationStates#Statistics

Did you graph all active nation names, all reserved nation names or all nation names ever used?
http://www.nationstates.net/page=boneyard
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=139161

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1189 on: January 01, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »
only all existing nations. there's no api or data dump for the boneyard

however, i have data on all nations stretching back to the start of 2011 so i'll use that to see which nations went in active or deleted.

FiahOwl

« Reply #1190 on: January 02, 2014, 12:51:21 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '115685'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:13:43 AM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

« Reply #1191 on: January 02, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '115686'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:13:40 AM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #1192 on: January 02, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »
no gorchul is lord of more than that

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1193 on: January 03, 2014, 08:30:42 AM »
Mfw Blaist Blaland's civil rights go up from 84 to 89 today.

"We are currently unsure what caused this rapid increase in our official civil rights" comments government official from the Blaist Communist Party in Blanaxon, "we have a slight suspicion that the cause is our recent official rejection of religion, and a slight suspicion that the cause is related to the bake sales in the military, but we have not noted any such results for all the times in the past when we passed completely identical laws."

10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
1 day 9 hours ago: Blaist Blaland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
3 days 9 hours ago: Blaist Blaland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
3 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
4 days ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, the government is giving peace a chance.
4 days ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
5 days ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
5 days ago: Following new legislation in Blaist Blaland, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.

What could possibly be causing it?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1194 on: January 03, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »
mathematicians have discovered the number 89

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1195 on: January 03, 2014, 09:37:50 AM »
here's a database of issues results i've compiled. perhaps i shall mess around with it later in an attempt to figure out bla's mysterious change in civil rights.

format:

previouscensusonescore previouscensustwoscore previouscensusthreescore ... previouscensussixtyninescore /n
newcensusonescore newcensustwoscore newcensusthreescore ... newcensussixtyninescore /n
issuenumber choiceselected \n
\n

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1196 on: January 03, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »
Korrupt diktatorship kolwut? :P

*Also got a bit konfused at first when I clicked the link, and landed on Blaist Blaland. :s*

this bug has been around for a while -- just got fixed :D

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=277551#p18169705

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1197 on: January 03, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
And you have a program that gets the scores? That would be kolvenient

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #1198 on: January 03, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
program to get the scores? I'm not sure what you mean here. i originally was going to use the data in order to train a computer model, but there are too many dimensions and my data is too sparse for that. i might still do something with the data, but if you just type in 69 numbers and search for them it's unlikely anything will come up.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1199 on: January 03, 2014, 02:50:08 PM »
I meant a computer program that gets the data rather than you browsing through each score every single day and writing the values from there into a text document.