Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Regarding the Universe Sandbox Team  (Read 2897 times)

MirrorLake

Regarding the Universe Sandbox Team
« on: May 06, 2011, 10:22:19 PM »
I must say, I was blown away back when I tried Universe Sandbox over a year ago.  I'm even more blown away, now, to see the program on Steam and receiving so much attention (and an update).

How big is the Universal Sandbox team--and can we expect a sequel or further patches? 

Often times, I've seen brilliant little projects like this stifled for lack of resources, money, time, and too few programmers with too large of a project.

Anywho, I'm incredibly excited to see this program receiving more attention!

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Regarding the Universe Sandbox Team
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
Just Dan, so one person.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Regarding the Universe Sandbox Team
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:52:02 PM »
I must say, I was blown away back when I tried Universe Sandbox over a year ago.  I'm even more blown away, now, to see the program on Steam and receiving so much attention (and an update).

Thanks.

How big is the Universal Sandbox team

It's just me and the shoulders of the giants I'm standing on.
http://giantarmy.com/

--and can we expect a sequel or further patches? 

Yes... more free updates are in the works.

Often times, I've seen brilliant little projects like this stifled for lack of resources, money, time, and too few programmers with too large of a project.

This is what I do full time and it looks like I may soon be in a position to hire an independent contract to help with a few side projects that I haven't had time to work on (all relating to improving Universe Sandbox). Look for more exciting stuff to come in the future.

Anywho, I'm incredibly excited to see this program receiving more attention!

Me too. Thanks.