Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A suggestion for future development (sorry if this has been suggested before)  (Read 3808 times)

Huptut

I read wyatt's thread on spaceship/landing mode which you would build trees rivers and lakes on your planet (terraforming more or less) which led me to think of this idea.

Instead of terraforming a planet i would like to see life spring up on some planets even if it was something as simple as having a info box with a picture (of the alien race) and current population (along with there current stage of technological/biological evolution (microbial etc. etc.)  of the planet and the race could be based on what you made your universe out of to begin with.

The way i look at it your are playing god more or less creating these systems and it would have more of a wow factor if certain planets could take hold of life (another way to institute which planets could sustain life as well would be the Goldilocks zone) and eventually colonize the other planets in your star systems (depending on how simple or advanced the lifeforms living there were).

Just my 2-cents what you all think?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 07:30:28 PM by Huptut »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
A great addition is the spacecraft idea. You see... they randomly select stuff and try out math calculations to get spacecraft at a certain tech level... After anywhere from 2 to 20 tries they colonize another planet... And you're good. (You can see them shoot spacecraft)

I don't know, it'll be alot of work for Dan but it is a good idea.

NovaSilisko

This would be beautiful if implemented.

You could just place down a star(or two), tons of rocks and then let it go for a few hours/days at whatever timescale you want.

The next day, a planet has life and you're looking for it's biological parents who are probably angry at you for stealing it (provided panspermia is implemented)

wyattman854

great idea, good sir! im glad i kind of, maybe inspired you a bit :P

Flynn

I like it... I put a similar idea on the ideas spreadsheet a few days ago, "Life Indicator" which indicates whether life has developed on that planet or not, depending on its position in the system.

But I like your ideas a lot! They'd be pretty awesome (albeit difficult-ish) if implemented.