Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Horizon camera suggestion  (Read 3740 times)

terzer

Horizon camera suggestion
« on: December 05, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
Hello,
l think it would be very cool, if you could "land" on the planet and see the sky from the ground perspective. Then you can see the light from multiple suns (different day colours), rings, moons, sunrises, sunsets et cetera.... There will be amazing views. I don't suggest horizon textures, atmosphere glow, only a camera, which could be pointed.
I don't know, just a suggestion :)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Horizon camera suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 03:21:25 PM »
As a matter of fact, you can do that. You can't see the atmosphere, but you can. Zoom into a planet until it spawns a point called "Landing".  ;)

terzer

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
Thanks, l never noticed that! Superb!
But l don't understand how it works. I focused the camera on the landing, then the planet rotates and l can't land on it. I will play with

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
I have trouble deleting all the Landings I accidentally create. It's funny because there's a planet, and I see LANDINGLANDINGLANDINGLANDINGLANDING all over it, but when it gets to that point, I just delete the planet and place it back.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »
There's lots of room for improvement with the 'Surface View' feature.

... I see LANDINGLANDINGLANDINGLANDINGLANDING all over it,

You can always toggle the labels on/off with the 'L' key to hide the labels everywhere.

I focused the camera on the landing, then the planet rotates and l can't land on it.

After you exit from surface view there's currently no way to use the same landing point for surface view again. You have to zoom in and create a new point.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »
You can always toggle the labels on/off with the 'L' key to hide the labels everywhere.

That was before I bought......... which was a period of about 4 months. :P