Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Terra forming worlds  (Read 1671 times)

Cryo

Terra forming worlds
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »
I've recently thought of an idea witch we could mess around with in Ubox 2 when vegetation is added n stuff, but what exactly would be the perfect , ideal planet to colonize? By your own standards what's the best earth can be used as a template here sense it's really all we know.'d like an extremely temperate world with no axial tilt times 4 gravity and 2 moons one a quarter the size of our moon (similar composition to titan it is also the closet to the planet just outside its roech limit) and a larger moon 3 times bigger then our moon (similar to Io) the planet it self is 4 times bigger then earth a little denser and has primarily more land then oceans there are 5 in total the land is primarily composed of Savannah, plateaus, steep , grasslands and arctic like regions near its polls

Cryo

Re: Terra forming worlds
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:37:18 PM »
So many texting mistakes 😡 I'll fix'em

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:35:05 AM »
[being blunt]I need intructions on how to inderstand that instead of instructions on how to terraform.[/being blunt]

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »
Two large moons can't orbit a planet, so unfortunately you could only have a binary planet pair. Humans would actually fare better on a bigger planet with a bigger atmosphere, we just wouldn't evolve there because conditions would be much better for all the life on that planet. The ideal planet would be about 4 earth masses, a bit more dense than Earth, have a heavy atmosphere at least several times greater than ours, and have a large moon with a tiny atmosphere, it should also rotate rapidly so that more of the planet can get covered with storms, or it could have massive amounts of land but a lot of it would go to waste as potential seasonal ice caps or deserts, it would still contain more habitable land than the current Earth simply due to the sheer size of the planet. It would also be a bit warm, perhaps with an average temperature between 20C and 25C, simply to increase the heat flow between the tropics and the polar regions so that they don't develop ice caps and we can settle the entire world, albeit with mandatory air conditioning between 20N and 20S, or restrict ourselves to the higher spaces of land where it doesn't reach 40-50C in the summer.

Cryo

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
But how come when I simulated this in universe sandbox 2 it worked?

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:45:09 PM »
Really? For how long did you simulate? A lot of effects take thousands of years to manifest.