Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: eRepublik  (Read 7246 times)

witold

• Sorry for my bad english (if he is)
eRepublik
« on: December 23, 2009, 10:34:12 AM »
www.erepublik.com

eRepublik combines both social networking and strategy into a single massively multiplayer online game where players can participate in a variety of activities. Citizens of the New World can be employees, own businesses, form political parties, vote in elections, become party presidents, members of Congress or country presidents, write newspaper articles and even go to war as citizens of virtual versions of real life countries. The game has very few visual elements and is primarily text-based in nature.

Upon joining, a citizen picks which virtual country he wishes to join. Each of these countries is named after an actual country in the real world, and is located similarly. The citizen then seeks employment at a company within that country, and is allowed the opportunity to train as a soldier for that country. Training, and working at a company is done on a daily basis by a simple click of two buttons. One of the main drawing points of the website is that it takes a mere "14 minutes a day" to participate.[5]

eRepublik Gold is a fictional currency used in the eRepublik World. It is the main reference point for all the local virtual currencies (examples: USD, GBP) and it is used to buy additional features (such as companies) within the New World. It can be obtained freely by reaching certain levels or achievements.

Economic Module

The economy is based on 12 branches: 5 "raw materials" (grain, diamonds, iron, oil, wood), 4 "manufacturing" (food, gifts, weapons, moving tickets) and 3 "constructions" (houses, hospitals, defense systems). Upon reaching a certain amount of Gold, citizens can purchase or create a company, thus enabling "general manager features": hire other citizens, set their wages, buy raw materials (in case of finished goods companies), set products for sale and buy export licenses (thus being able to sell products in multiple countries).
[edit] Politics Module

As simple citizens, players can join a party by reaching a certain level. Once they have joined a party, they can run for party presidency. If they convince their party colleagues to vote for them and they become the leaders, they can choose their party candidates for congress or presidency.

On the fifth of every month eRepublik holds the presidential vote, on the fifteenth the party president and on the twenty-fifth the congress elections. Days before the presidential vote the top five parties will select a person to run for president, and then it is decided by a majority vote by the populace. When running for party president it will cost citizens 2 gold to run; anybody can run, provided they have the level requirements. The congress elections are a bit more complicated than the rest.[6]

The party president selects a person from their party to run in each region against other parties' representatives, after which people living in that region vote. The percentage of people voting for a party determines the number of congressional seats the party gets, a total of 40 for a country if it has at least four regions. Larger countries like USA have more seats because each state will receive at least one congress member no matter how small it's population. If someone ties a vote for the last seat eRepublik automatically chooses by referring to experience points.
[edit] War Module

To declare war on other countries, the president of the country proposes to the congress the declaration. If the vote passes, the two countries are at war and each region is attacked at the order of the president. In wars, the citizens of the respective countries fight independently, doing damage in order to tear down a 'wall' or build it up, depending if you are fighting or defending. If a certain amount of damage is done to a region within 24 hours, it is occupied by the attacker, though if the attacker fails to do enough damage in 24 hours, the region is secured by the defender who is then allowed to go on the offensive.

Wars are essential to the power of a country in eRepublik because they make citizens of the countries that are apart of them stronger, thus enabling them to do more damage in fights. A nation that has experienced and battle hardened citizens can become a global power.
[edit] News Module

Any citizen can create a newspaper in which he can publish articles. Other citizens can read these articles, vote on them, comment on them or even subscribe to the newspapers of other citizens.
[edit] Gameplay

The role play of the New World consist of combining the capabilities of the above modules to reach goals and become leader in one or more domains. Citizens must use newspapers to promote themselves, their companies, parties, or even countries. The congress of a country sets taxes to enforce economic policies. To wage successful wars, the economy of a country has to sustain it and citizens have to be motivated.

One controversial game play experience is the usage of political takeovers (called PTOs in-game). A political takeover occurs when a large number of citizens of a powerful country or alliance move temporarily to a smaller nation before the election, they then form a party and attempt to gain majority of the congress to impeach the president, or simply try to win the presidential election. If a foreign president is successfully put in place, the country then only has to declare war on the smaller nation, and the president will then surrender every region in the country to the attacker, or they can simply ruin that nations economy. Due to the unpopularity of this tactic, the administrators implemented a 'virtual citizenship', which limited citizens to participating only in their own countries politics, though under certain circumstances PTO's can still be performed.
[edit] Other features

Functionalities include a Twitter-like shoutbox system. By default citizens have a quota of 3 shouts per day. By paying for additional features, citizens can have up to 10 shouts per day, unlimited inbox space, and 50 inventory slots. Gold can also be purchased in limited amounts per week.

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
Re: eRepublik
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »
Okay, just give a summary, not the whole thing!
Humans would usually want to skim through that.
A summary would make a human read it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:44:02 AM by deoxy99 »

Naru523

• let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:52:47 PM »
Signed in. Can't believe Poland is the top country  :P

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »
I joined.  ;D

Naru523

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 03:39:43 PM »
Germany is gonna declare war on France... hm.

Current map:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 03:48:47 PM by Naru523 »

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:14:55 PM »
Ya. Saw that. lol

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »
Lol, my country is Germany. (even though my country is really USA in real life)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 01:34:57 AM »
Aaaaah, I'm always deepbly offended when they write "name - 4 to 30 characters". Grr! :P

Anyways, I've created an user, BlaBla44. :)

witold

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 02:07:19 AM »
Well my nick is Aleksander500

Naru523

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 09:13:45 AM »
I'm in Japan, and we declared war on South Korea (3 months ago). Seems like the empress wants to stop the war.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 09:29:08 AM »
Are here any girls playing/anyone playing as a girl? If that's the case, are all those people in the library, residental district and everywhere else where the game shows persons, guys?

Edit:
Actually those are girls too.
Ok, nvm then.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:45:16 AM by Bla »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:36:04 AM »
Actually those are girls too.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 09:49:33 AM »
Aaaaah, I'm always deepbly offended when they write "name - 4 to 30 characters". Grr! :P

Anyways, I've created an user, BlaBla44. :)
wtf? I looked for "bla" and bla was on there yesterday... from denmark...

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »
Strange huh?

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 09:51:27 AM »
btw, I'm atomic7732 if you get a friend request.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 09:58:21 AM »
I saw that. That's really strange.

witold

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »
Well, you born in middle of IV World War. When i born in the end of III WW.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »
Can I join2 pl0x?

Naru523

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »
Oh my gosh. Pakistan took over India! REVOLT!!!

Jk.

matty406

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 06:26:48 AM »
I played this for a while, got a job making guns, then died.
GOT RESERECTED got a job making tanks. Died.

Things like E-republic always end up slipping my mind.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 07:19:04 AM »
LOL Matty